KS - Patricia Kimmi, 58, Horton, 6 Nov 2009 - #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
I saw that about the contract - and my heart did a little pitty-pat. Justice is finally on its way for Pat. :dance: It's long overdue, but I think the wait is going to have been worth it.

This part caught my eye--I bolded the exact wording, because it sounds to me as though there is very likely to be at least one more arrest made today.

http://www.wibw.com/home/headlines/95633729.html

I read this as saying that this was a contract killing. If they have evidence that this was a contract killing, then they must have evidence as to whomever else is complicit in hiring RoH to fulfill the contract.

Has anyone seen the full criminal complaint as yet? I'd like to know if Hollister is charged with both murder and conspiracy (which, in Kansas, you can be convicted of both the criminal act and the conspiracy to commit it). It seems odd to state that motive and then not add conspiracy to the charges.

I've posted about conspiracy before and the difficulty in proving it. Each party to the conspiracy must both agree to commit the crime and then do at least one additional act further to that crime. Hollister may have thought he was part of a conspiracy, but his potential co-conspirator may have backed out and never committed that second act.

Another thought - motive is a key component to a capital murder case. They may not be able to prove criminal conspiracy but they still need to state that the motive is valid to get a capital conviction. If someone hired Hollister and then never paid, there is no conspiracy but the motive is still there.

I'm not a criminal lawyer (or any other kind of lawyer, for that matter), so I'm happy defer to someone with more knowledge on the matter.

Watched this video..(very, very sad)..the people on the bench were Pat's children & spouses + a good friend, the person behind the family was Kevin Hill (Brown County Attorney)...saw the Atchison County Sheriff + (maybe) KBI, don't know the Judge, apparently RH attorney (Heathman?) was not present & on vacation, $3,000,000 bond, next hearing June 14th.

Nothing we don't know in any of these, but great to see extensive coverage (finally):

NTV:
NE Kan. man facing capital murder charges
http://www.nebraska.tv/Global/story.asp?S=12598346

Topeka Capital-Journal:
Hollister charged in Kimmi case
http://cjonline.com/news/state/2010-06-04/hollister_charged_in_kimmi_case

Kansas City Star:
Kansas man charged with murdering Patricia Kimmi
http://www.kansascity.com/2010/06/04/1993019/kansas-man-charged-with-murdering.html

KSNT:
Charges filed in Kimmi Death
http://www.ksnt.com/news/local/story/Charges-filed-in-Kimmi-death/JgR61aH670C4a-_lopRbcg.cspx

KTKA:
Murder charges filed in Kimmi case
http://www.ktka.com/news/2010/jun/04/murder-charges-filed-kimmi-case/

ETA:
Capital-Journal expanded its article:
---
Gavin Young, spokesman for Kansas Attorney General Steve Six's Office, said Six's office is partnering with Kuckelman's office to pursue the case.

More than 200 individuals, including members of the Kimmi and Hollister families, as well as members of area law enforcement, were named as witnesses in the complaint filed on Friday. Young declined to say whether more charges would be filed or any additional suspects would be named, citing that the case remains an open investigation.

Hollister is to make his first appearance in Atchison County court at 1 p.m. June 14.
---

I think that nursebeeme must have got that haircut this morning!!!!!

KQ2 finally has its courtroom video & report up:

http://stjoechannel.com/fulltext/?nxd_id=134605

(And yes, cclearly, one of the first things I thought of was, "Wow, nursebeeme has found a salon in Michigan and got her hair cut today!" Also, great find, jane d, the Cap-Journal added layers to its original story as the night went on so I missed the embed with the names.)

:cat:
Capital Murder that is so great. Does the state have the death penalty???? When are they going to arrest the person who hired Hollisters, we all know who that is. I don't want to say his name just in case he has not been named a POI. If he hasn't why not? The Hollisters have no motive except money. I wonder how much they were offered? Does anyone know anything about maybe an insurance policy or anything of value the mastermind might get with Pat dead?

:cat:
Capital Murder that is so great. Does the state have the death penalty???? When are they going to arrest the person who hired Hollisters, we all know who that is. I don't want to say his name just in case he has not been named a POI. If he hasn't why not? The Hollisters have no motive except money. I wonder how much they were offered? Does anyone know anything about maybe an insurance policy or anything of value the mastermind might get with Pat dead?

Yes, Kansas has a death penalty, but on this 22 June it will have been 45 years since anyone was executed in our state. This seems unlikely to change.

County and state law enforcement continue to investigate the party responsible for the making of the contract. It's very likely that an arrest will be made sometime prior to the Roger Hollister trial.

A motive would appear to be to regain money and considerations lost in the divorce. And an ugly selfishness and soullessness which beggars belief.

Incidentally, RoHo's not going anywhere: $1.5 million bail for attempted capital murder charges, and $3 million bail for capital murder.

This is O/T, but for those from the northeast Kansas area, there is a 13 year old boy missing from the Lawrence area. Please check the thread on Stevie Drake in the Missing forum here on WS for more information.

TIA

EK is suing us to get back the money he paid in alimony during the time that Mom has been missing. I was nearly speechless when our lawyer informed us. When will I learn to NOT be surprised. There's no determined date of death, no dna results, no death certificate. But he wants that $$$$ back...

Stay tuned.

This is O/T, but for those from the northeast Kansas area, there is a 13 year old boy missing from the Lawrence area. Please check the thread on Stevie Drake in the Missing forum here on WS for more information.

TIA

I've been out of commission all day - have not heard anything about it. Thanks for posting the info. I was supposed to be there for a wedding today.

EK is suing us to get back the money he paid in alimony during the time that Mom has been missing. I was nearly speechless when our lawyer informed us. When will I learn to NOT be surprised. There's no determined date of death, no dna results, no death certificate. But he wants that $$$$ back...

Stay tuned.

I don't usually post to this thread but I have been reading here and all I have to say is unfreakingbelievable.

Stay tuned.

Well, ya'll obviously didn't get your class from him. :rolleyes:

But then, we already knew that.

Stay tuned.

Just making himself look more guilty than ever! It's all about the $$ and that is what its going to bring hell to his front door for many reasons.

I am just now reading this news. Thank God for the beginning of justice for Pat.

My heart goes out to the Kimmi children, sons and daughters in law, and grandchildren. GB you all, as well as the extended family and friends who loved Pat. I do not know any of you except through these threads, but have such feelings for you all. You had a wonderful Mother and I know she is looking down from Heaven giving you the strength you need to endure all of this. You have grace and dignity through the most horrible of times. I respect and admire you.

TIA

Thank you for this info Raeann. I just posted this story from Yahoo news on Facebook to get his picture out. I have a 24 year old son and can't imagine the heartache his Mom is going through.

I am just now reading this news. Thank God for the beginning of justice for Pat.

My heart goes out to the Kimmi children, sons and daughters in law, and grandchildren. GB you all, as well as the extended family and friends who loved Pat. I do not know any of you except through these threads, but have such feelings for you all. You had a wonderful Mother and I know she is looking down from Heaven giving you the strength you need to endure all of this. You have grace and dignity through the most horrible of times. I respect and admire you.

And son-in-law, Lonnie. A pillar of strength and angel from heaven through all of this...

Stay tuned.

He is da*n sure she is dead, isn't he?
Amazing that a lawyer would even draft a legal document without proof of death.

And the motive behind Patricia Kimmi's murder?
Just what Rita and family and WS members thought all along.
M O N E Y. (the love of money)

He has dug and graded and paved his way to hell.

Maybe he doesn't know you cannot spend money in prison
or in hell.
Not a thought in his mind about Patricia or his children or grandchidlren.

Patricia may rest in peace now.
He will not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members