TX - Hailey Dunn, 13, Colorado City, 27 Dec 2010 - #24

Status
Not open for further replies.
12:00:00 PM: Billie claims a man (Charles) who lives with a neighbor (Travis) sees Hailey in yard talking on phone. Mike Board of WOAI claims his station found a woman who saw Hailey in the yard on the phone, but no time is given.

:waitasec:
if no one was at home with hailey at 12:00PM - why would she need to "step outside" to speak on the phone? I find this very unlikely...

I don't know IF there was a witness for sure, but I have seen it explained that maybe she did it because of poor service, I don't by that. If that was the case the neighbors would have seen ALL of them outside using the phone at some point not just H.

BBM

That is what troubles me the most...that BIG 2 day timeline.

I fear whatever happened to Hailey happened Sunday evening.
SA stalked Hailey at night while she was in her room...he was a creature of the night in the act of prowling in search of something from a lil 13 yr old child

We don't know if he was up the whole night prior to his appearance at work.

jmo

I have thought this since I saw BD on NG talking about HD being in bed.
But then I flip flop and think it happened after SA left work after being there only a few minutes.
I wonder if SA could have stayed up after BD went to bed or got out of bed during the night.

in the affidavit's we only got 'snippets' of the tower pings imhoo... we know his phone pinged off the same tower that Hailey's would use... than the 2.5 hr interruption in service.

my question...

did his phone ping off any towers during his drive between work and the home?

did his phone ping off any towers in between the interruption of service and when it was next picked up at his mother's house?

those "dead areas" for his provider coverage need to be searched thoroughly... moo

I saw a map somewhere on here- I wish I had taged, Anyway someone mapped all the pings and FWIR it appeared it stopped pinging and started pinging again

Oh Sarx's thread is where the ping map is.

We have to buy our instruments or rent them so as long as the payment was made she would still have the instrument. I have no clue if that is how they do it in Texas.

if this helps, Im a texan...my son was in band when he was in the 6th grade, a few yrs ago..at the time, he could rent his violin from the school...

we could have bought him a violin at the local music store, but I wanted to make sure that my son would enjoy band and stay in band before purchasing a violin..

eta, after 6 months he quit band and went in to karate..

now im glad i rented it eh? lol

I am praying that Hailey will be found soon...bless her soul where ever she is

So I am assuming the most logical reason for this is that he pulled the battery out for 2 hrs. 120 mins - 41 mins = 79 mins SA unaccounted for. He could only have driven half that time in order to get back so had to be within a 39.5 min drive from C City or anywhere in between there and Big Spring. Or could have remained really close to the path between these two and spent more of the 79 mins doing whatever he was doing in this time frame. Unless he passed HD to someone else and that messes up the whole thing :doh:

highlighted could his battery have died? and the phone was plugged in recharging? if a cell is 'off" and charging i would think it would ping, but I wounder... I know mine takes around two hours to fully recharge. *just a thought.

My curiosity about the instrument is that if HD decided to up and quit the band and didn't tell her mother, her mother found out somehow, and the instrument had cost/was costing a good bit of money, that might contribute to a blow-up.

Wow this is a great post.

BBM: This is the first I have seen it said that his uncle saw him at his mom's house. It has probably been brought out by now, but is it possible that he had time to zip by his mom's right after he walked out of his job, get his uncle to "see him" like he apparently got his boss to do, and then left immediately to go back to BD's house? And good point about the battery could have been removed, thus no pinging. Could have removed it on and off at his own convenience.

I think it's possible SA did go to his mom's on 12/27 and was seen by his uncle at some point during the day, before returning (again) to Hailey's house sometime before DD got home at 4 p.m. Based on cell pings, I don't think it's possible that he went straight to mom's house after walking out on the job.

We don't have ALL the ping info, just selected bits used to get warrants.

DONE...sorry just trying to show picture of BD and what how she referred to herself.....not quite the expert that many of ya'll are so thanks for bring to my attention

Interesting enough after I deleted my post I went back to his site. SA showed up as his friend and he showed to be ONLINE... not too much later the whole MS for him(the person NOT of interest) page is now gone...I think SA is trying to clean up some of the things on the web and in these sites and is monitoring what is being said about him JMO

My thought is that SA had a plan for that day. IMO, he went to work to establish an alibi as other have suggested, knowing he was going to return home. Does anyone know if WSI has a time clock system where employees physically “punch in?” Perhaps he “punched in” with his time card at 6:00AM to establish an alibi. Perhaps he hadn’t planned on seeing the supervisor in the break room that morning.

I also noted that sunrise on Monday, December 27th was at 7:43AM, and SA’s phone pinged from 6:35AM to 6:56AM in Colorado City. So if he returned home at ~6:35AM it would have still been dark out. And if he then removed Hailey from the house before sunrise, it’s less likely that anybody would have seen it. I think he took her from the house and did harm to her at another location.

I noted that the family has a dog or dogs. I wonder where the dog(s) normally slept/stayed, if the dog(s) would typically bark when someone entered the house, and if the dog(s) was/were protective.

Also, when Hailey’s brother DD returned home, pounded on the door, and nobody answered, then he entered through a window and Shawn was standing in a hallway with "a deer in the headlights look,” if Shawn did harm to Hailey that day, for all we know he could have thought the police were at the door.

If Hailey quit the band then wouldn't have BD noticed that the saxophone (and case) were no longer around? Wouldn't the band director have asked that the instrument be returned (those ain't cheap)?

I think there are pesky little details in the back story here that might help. We heard mention of a "blow up" at Christmas. We never got any details but for a "blow up" there must have been pressure brewing. Its just the details of that pressure brewing that we have no knowledge of.

However, if BD was the oblivious mom that IMO she seemed to be, she was probably too focused on SA than noticing whether or not her child had a band instrument around the house.

Plus, band is considered a 'class' in most schools. She would still have been enrolled in band and the teacher may not have known of her plans not to attend.

Last, but not least, in our MS there are always a few kids who just don't show up for concerts. Usually, their parents seem to be the types who don't have a lot of communication with teachers.

No doubt they are watching the net......but it won't do them any good to pull it. LE is a little bit smarter than they are.....lmbo. I have to admit that I get a kick out of their paranoia though.

JMO- Where we live we have to rent or buy the instruments for band except for Drum's and Tuba's. My son has been in band since 6th grade and has had first chair all these year's.He also plays football. He loves marching season and hates concert season and would skip it if he could.Back when he started band for the first couple of years we rented the beginer trumpet until we were sure what he was gonna play. When he entered highschool and we saw he was seriuos we bought the best trumpet we could afford to carry him thru college. Glad we did because he just got a full scholarship in band. That's how it work's here.

highlighted could his battery have died? and the phone was plugged in recharging? if a cell is 'off" and charging i would think it would ping, but I wounder... I know mine takes around two hours to fully recharge. *just a thought.
I don't have the link handy right now, but FWIW, when researching another case awhile back, I found out that even when a battery appears to be dead, there is enough charge left in it to "ping".

I made the same observation in the other thread. Have they talked to teachers, friends, counsellors at school. Had she indicated that she was afraid of SA or if anything had occurred in the home? Who was she on the phone with all the time and what were they talking about?

There was an interview with her principal. The article stated:

"Mark Merrell is the principal at Hailey's school.

"Hailey is a great student. She is well liked by her classmates. She also is well respected by our faculty here. She just has a bubbling personality. She's involved in extra-curicular activities."

... How surprised were you when you found out the news?.....

"We were shocked and are concerned."

Students return from the holiday break Thursday.

"We have a day with our staff before our students come back and our staff will be going over with some counselors. Pastors that are here in our community will be coming in as well. Region 14, our service center, will be helping us out preparing for students when they come back on Thursday."

http://www.cbs7kosa.com/news/details.asp?ID=23217

Just a few thoughts from me... I've been following the case, and I can't remember where I first heard about it but it really bothers me that here in the Houston area, the papers (Houston Chronicle) and news are not covering Hailey's case at all. If she has run away (which, IMO, isn't what happened but it's still a legit possibility) she could very well have come this way, and if her face were on the front page of the paper or the news, it could help get her home. Which leads me to my next thought, which is, that poor child. She tried to ask for help and wasn't taken seriously enough by the adults in her life (IMO) who all had their own (BIG) issues and were NOT providing an attentive, safe or loving environment for her. If she did run away, I would completely understand WHY!
This case makes me so sad.
I think Billie has got her priorities screwed up big time, and I believe that time will tell that SA and she were involved. BD is my age, and if I were dating a guy who was as immature and messed up as SA is (and based on photos and videos, yes, he is an immature and certainly not law abiding individual) I most certainly would NOT subject my children to being around him. Talk about your horrible role models. It all makes me want to scream.
Last but not least, and on a lighter note, even after living in TX for the last two years, I've never heard the word "seen" misused in a sentence as often as I have during the interviews on this case. :) JMHO, and being silly too.
Bless all you WSers for your love and care of Hailey. I hope that wherever she is right now she knows how much we all care.

I wonder if HD and SA were even home when DD left at 9pm.?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie