Campbell Soup recalls 15M pounds of SpaghettiOs

Dark Knight

Reaction score
WASHINGTON – Campbell Soup Co. is recalling 15 million pounds of SpaghettiOs with meatballs after a cooker malfunctioned at one of the company's plants in Texas and left the meat undercooked.

The Agriculture Department announced the recall late Thursday. Campbell spokesman Anthony Sanzio said the company is recalling certain lots of the product manufactured since December 2008 "out of an abundance of caution" because officials don't know exactly when the cooker at the Paris, Texas, plant malfunctioned. Officials believe it happened recently but aren't sure, he said.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100618/ap_on_bi_ge/us_spaghettios_recall

I can't believe it. I have not eaten spaghetti o's in almost 30 years. Just bought a can two weeks ago to see if I still liked them, lol. Had to go through it out now.

Hope all the mom's with young ones that like them hear about the recall.

I can't believe it. I have not eaten spaghetti o's in almost 30 years. Just bought a can two weeks ago to see if I still liked them, lol. Had to go through it out now.

Hope all the mom's with young ones that like them hear about the recall.

Did it match the lot # of the recall? lol

Oh, good Lord! Not my grandchildren's spaghettiO's. Is anything safe these days?

They need to post this notice in all college dorms. It's almost as popular as Ramen Noodles amongst the college set. I'm forwarding it to my brother in college and telling him to send it to all his friends!

My daughter will eat this stuff right out of the can... literally... not warmed up, spoon in can. Drives me nut... :)

We don't have any in the house, right now, because she is down visiting her dad... I'll check and see if they are aware of the recall.

WASHINGTON – Campbell Soup Co. is recalling 15 million pounds of SpaghettiOs with meatballs after a cooker malfunctioned at one of the company's plants in Texas and left the meat undercooked.

The Agriculture Department announced the recall late Thursday. Campbell spokesman Anthony Sanzio said the company is recalling certain lots of the product manufactured since December 2008 "out of an abundance of caution" because officials don't know exactly when the cooker at the Paris, Texas, plant malfunctioned. Officials believe it happened recently but aren't sure, he said.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100618/ap_on_bi_ge/us_spaghettios_recall

Must have good quality control there to go back 18 months in the recall..LOL

My daughter will eat this stuff right out of the can... literally... not warmed up, spoon in can. Drives me nut... :)

We don't have any in the house, right now, because she is down visiting her dad... I'll check and see if they are aware of the recall.

LOL! I used to eat them the exact same way! They're great cold and out of the can!!!! :crazy:

Oh, good Lord! Not my grandchildren's spaghettiO's. Is anything safe these days?

Ya know I hadn't seen this and when I saw it was unsafe because the meat was not cooked long enough it begged me to ask what I asked 30 years ago..........how can meat in a can be safe? With the exception of SPAM.

My brother lived on that stuff. Raviollio's as well. A steady diet of Count Chocula, Cap'n Crunch and spaghettiO's and he made it to 49 so far. I don't think we ever saw a piece of fruit as kids. Boo Berries counted as fruit I guess to my mom.

Hope nobody got sick from that recall.

My granddaughter loves the raviolis. She can eat a whole can by herself and she just turned 3. I don't think she likes Spagetti-o's as much. I will have to look and see if I have any hidden around here.

Thanks DK for the warning!!!!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alicialynne
Back