State v. Bradley Cooper 4-7-2011

Status
Not open for further replies.
Especially since the in-laws who had always *helped* you over the course of your marriage, continued to help now, and didn't appear to be anything less than cordial.

Even after the affair with HM, the father spoke of playing a game with BC while NC was putting the children to bed. Sharing wine and conversation is how he put it I believe.

Regardless of anything they appeared to be very cordial and forgiving if Nancy wanted them to be.

Kelly

You may very well be correct. I thought that I heard that 190K was paid off and 160K to buy out. Considering their wealthy lifestyle a house worth 350K didn't seem too far fetched.

You could be correct. But possibly since the house was bought in the early
2000's I would guess it would be closer to the 190k mark then. In July 2008 that house (by pictures I have seen) could have been sold for 350k.

Kelly

Even after the affair with HM, the father spoke of playing a game with BC while NC was putting the children to bed. Sharing wine and conversation is how he put it I believe.

Regardless of anything they appeared to be very cordial and forgiving if Nancy wanted them to be.

Kelly

I believe all they wanted was for Nancy to be happy.

According to this article, you may NOT get a U.S. Social Security card if you're an immigrant, UNLESS you have permission from DHS to work in the U.S. or are a verified foreign student.

Also, on the day NC was attempting to open a bank account, I believe was the day the water was turned off. NC was at home with two sick children with fevers. The bank told her she could NOT open the account without a social security number. PERPHAPS they meant over the phone, IDNK, but she said she'd TRY to do it in person when the kids were no longer sick.....Also, every time I've opened a bank account, you need an amount to deposit at the time of opening the account. IF NC had NO MONEY, how was she supposed to open an account.

What's with this emailing all this stuff. BC trying to cover-himself? My bet is, yes, for court when it came up. (don't get excited, I mean divorce court, not premeditation. I THINK that came later ;))

fran

http://www.whitman.edu/content/immigration/ssn

Non-citizens who have work authorization from DHS
Only non-citizens who have permission to work from the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) can apply for a Social Security number.

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<more at link>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

http://www.socialsecurity.gov/pubs/10096.html

If you need a number for tax purposes and you are not authorized to work in the United States, you can apply for an Individual Taxpayer Identification Number from the Internal Revenue Service (IRS). Visit IRS in person or call the IRS toll-free number, 1-800-TAXFORM (1-800-829-3676), and request Form W-7, Application For An Individual Taxpayer Identification Number.

If a business or government agency asks you for a Social Security number and you are not authorized to work in the United States, ask if they can identify you in some other way. In most cases, you will be able to get the service or license you need without a Social Security number

Interesting, he actually asked her to get a bank account.

I'm a little curious where the 20 something thousand dollars was deposited. It wouldn't have been given in cash. If it was a cheque, where was it deposited? Also, I think that Krista or Nancy's parents could have opened a joint US$ bank account in Ontario or Alberta and then added Nancy to the account.

According to this article, you may NOT get a U.S. Social Security card if you're an immigrant, UNLESS you have permission from DHS to work in the U.S. or are a verified foreign student.

Also, on the day NC was attempting to open a bank account, I believe was the day the water was turned off. NC was at home with two sick children with fevers. The bank told her she could NOT open the account without a social security number. PERPHAPS they meant over the phone, IDNK, but she said she'd TRY to do it in person when the kids were no longer sick.....Also, every time I've opened a bank account, you need an amount to deposit at the time of opening the account. IF NC had NO MONEY, how was she supposed to open an account.

What's with this emailing all this stuff. BC trying to cover-himself? My bet is, yes, for court when it came up. (don't get excited, I mean divorce court, not premeditation. I THINK that came later ;))

fran

http://www.whitman.edu/content/immigration/ssn

Non-citizens who have work authorization from DHS
Only non-citizens who have permission to work from the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) can apply for a Social Security number.

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<more at link>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

http://www.socialsecurity.gov/pubs/10096.html

If you need a number for tax purposes and you are not authorized to work in the United States, you can apply for an Individual Taxpayer Identification Number from the Internal Revenue Service (IRS). Visit IRS in person or call the IRS toll-free number, 1-800-TAXFORM (1-800-829-3676), and request Form W-7, Application For An Individual Taxpayer Identification Number.

If a business or government agency asks you for a Social Security number and you are not authorized to work in the United States, ask if they can identify you in some other way. In most cases, you will be able to get the service or license you need without a Social Security number

I wonder if every bank has this policy. I got to believe that there are a lot of people in this country (US) that are in the same situation as NC (non-working spouse from another country) and surely they must have means to use banking here.

I'm a little curious where the 20 something thousand dollars was deposited. It wouldn't have been given in cash. If it was a cheque, where was it deposited? Also, I think that Krista or Nancy's parents could have opened a joint US$ bank account in Ontario or Alberta and then added Nancy to the account.

I didn't even think of that (getting or adding an account in Canada) but it's a good point.

You could be correct. But possibly since the house was bought in the early
2000's I would guess it would be closer to the 190k mark then. In July 2008 that house (by pictures I have seen) could have been sold for 350k.

Kelly

Since they did buy it in the early 2000's surely they would have paid more than 30K off the morgage... na maybe not!

True ,I was thinking more along 2010 house prices.

I wonder if every bank has this policy. I got to believe that there are a lot of people in this country (US) that are in the same situation as NC (non-working spouse from another country) and surely they must have means to use banking here.

Well, I live in California and most of the immigrants I know are from Mexico. The ones here illegally usually don't have bank accounts, at least the ones I know. They use money orders to pay bills,... or in person. We used to have a business here that accepted electric company and gas company payments. 99% of them were in cash.

hth
fran

I didn't even think of that (getting or adding an account in Canada) but it's a good point.

That $20k went somewhere, so Nancy should have had access to an account somewhere.

Well, I live in California and most of the immigrants I know are from Mexico. The ones here illegally usually don't have bank accounts, at least the ones I know. They use money orders to pay bills,... or in person. We used to have a business here that accepted electric company and gas company payments. 99% of them were in cash.

hth
fran

Or Western Union Transfers to pay them. You would be surprised how many people pay the fee to have immediate money sent via Quick Collect for companies.

It's interesting that Nancy asked her parents for another $160k even though she had no means to repay that amount. It sounds like the parents gave equal amounts of money to the four siblings, so Nancy was, in a way, asking the parents to give them another $600k ... which is quite the request, IMO.

Regarding the house: it was purchased for $250K in 1/2001 according to the Wake Co. website.

Can we have all the Cisco employees reboot their browsers? That should clear up the buffering for about ten minutes...no?

I am suprised the Cisco engineers are not swarming all over WRAL to upgrade their routers, bandwidth and QOS.

It's interesting that Nancy asked her parents for another $160k even though she had no means to repay that amount. It sounds like the parents gave equal amounts of money to the four siblings, so Nancy was, in a way, asking the parents to give them another $600k ... which is quite the request, IMO.

The buffering was horrible. I thought Nancy and Brad only wanted about 8 grand to pay for the divorce lawyer. They said they would pay them back when they sold the house??????

Weird BC didn't call her parents ever after 7/11. He had no problem calling for $ during the years and did a lot of work for her dad, so he obviously had a relationship with them. Even, if his supporters would say, he would have been embarrassed because the current state of their marriage, there's no excuse. At all.

Divorce has a sneaky way of dividing people into sides - friends, family, acquaintances, coworkers. I totally understand why Brad didn't feel comfortable speaking with BC's family especially considering the way NC liked to portray Brad in the public arena. Not saying it's acceptable...just understandable.

The buffering was horrible. I thought Nancy and Brad only wanted about 8 grand to pay for the divorce lawyer. They said they would pay them back when they sold the house??????

The 160K was related to when they were on vacation just prior to her death they looked at this being an option... Nancy get her parents to buy Brad out of the house.

The original $7,500 was to pay the Alice Stubbs

The refi mortgage for the house was taken out in 2003 - $238K and then a second mortage in 2005 for $24K (which was increased to $79K in Feb 2008).

They owed way more on that house than $160K or even $190K in 2008

Having any equity in the house is contrary to their spending habits - and it's quite possible that Mr Rentz was not given an accurate picture of what it would cost to buy Brad out of the house.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stoney12