Sentencing and beyond- Jodi Arias General Discussion #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cathy ‏@courtchatter · 41s41 seconds ago
WOW! Defense wants a report on the ALEXANDER'S donations. #jodiarias
---

Slime highway, anyone?

Cathy ‏@courtchatter · 52s53 seconds ago
The amount of restitution asked for my the family and the amount offered by #jodiarias are under seal. #secretcourt

Cathy ‏@courtchatter · 35s36 seconds ago
Apparently #jodiarias agreed to pay "some"of what is being asked for in restitution but wants to know what the Alexander's have in donations

Chris Williams ‏@chriswnews · 50s51 seconds ago
And just like that the #JodiArias restitution hearing is over. #TravisAlexander siblings getting apx $31,000 in restitution (cont) #12News

Jen's Trial Diaries ‏@TrialDiariesJ · 36s37 seconds ago
Sam- $15,000 Tanisha- $10,000- Hillary $4000- Steven $1000- Dennis over $200 these are estimates
Hearing is now over #jodiarias

Apparently #jodiarias agreed to pay "some"of what is being asked for in restitution but wants to know what the Alexander's have in donations
Well, it works both ways. Let's see the report on the inmate's donations.

Michael Kiefer ‏@michaelbkiefer · 49s50 seconds ago
Judge reads quickly, amts approx: Samantha Alexander $15,530, Tanisha Sorenson 10,755, Hilary Wilcox 4,000-some, Stephen 1,300, Dennis 200

I hope that opens the door for the state to examine her "appeals" fund. If so, stupid stupid.

Cathy ‏@courtchatter · 37s38 seconds ago
The restitution were approximations as Judge Stephens read them quickly in court, reporters are getting exact amounts. #jodiarias
---

Apparently the amounts are for travel expenses, I thought T's funeral/burial was supposed to be included too?

Cathy ‏@courtchatter · 39s39 seconds ago
Reminder: The Alexanders still have a wrongful death civil case against #jodiarias and will ask for monetary damages

Does she pay it out over time from her prison earnings or does it come from someplace else, like the trust fund?

Cathy ‏@courtchatter · 39s39 seconds ago
Reminder: The Alexanders still have a wrongful death civil case against #jodiarias and will ask for monetary damages

So they can be given more restitution in that civil case?

So they can be given more restitution in that civil case?

I think so. Apparently this was just for travel expenses. The wrongful death suit will seek compensation for pain and suffering. It seems odd to attach a monetary value to that, but I think it's intended more to prevent her from profiting from her crime in any way rather than actually compensating their suffering with money.

cannot believe they cheek of her asking for info on donations to the Alexanders.

would not surprise me if somehow some of those details were passed on to one of her minions and they started harassing people.

i know no money will not bring travis back but at least this will take some of the pressure off them caused by travel/accommodation etc costs.

hope they take her to the cleaners with the wrongful death suit.

icing on the cake would her appeal being :denied:

A few questions about today's hearing:

Where does the money come from, prison earnings (slow payout) or elsewhere (if she has it, possibly involving her trust fund)?

They said the amounts were sealed, then proceeded to read out the amounts. Huh?

The DT requested to look at the Alexander's donations. Wouldn't that be prerequisite to a settlement? Since the settlement was decided, was that shot down?

This suggests to me that she is still trying to assert a false equivalence between her situation and the Alexanders'. As if she, too, has been victimized and is therefore deserving of some restitution.

And clearly she's also trying to maintain control.

Katie Conner ‏@KatieJConner · 39m39 minutes ago Phoenix, AZ
#JodiArias attorney says #TravisAlexander family wanted around $90,000 restitution but judge granted $31,000 #abc15

Cathy ‏@courtchatter · 20m20 minutes ago
Willmott says she asked Alexander family for expense breakdown by they didn't receive it. #jodiarias

Chris Williams ‏@chriswnews · 38m38 minutes ago
(Cont1) According to #JodiArias atty Willmott, that's apx 1/3 of what #TravisAlexander family asked. (Cont) #12News

Chris Williams ‏@chriswnews · 27m27 minutes ago
(Cont7) #JodiArias atty Willmott says she's not sure who is running"appeal fund" found online. She's not involved in appeal. #12News

Jason Lamm ‏@PhxCriminalAtty · 43m43 minutes ago

Jason Lamm retweeted Cathy
These amounts are just hollow numbers. #JodiArias is in prison for life.

Good luck getting blood from a rock.

This suggests to me that she is still trying to assert a false equivalence between her situation and the Alexanders'. As if she, too, has been victimized and is therefore deserving of some restitution.

And clearly she's also trying to maintain control.

Yea, what's she gonna do, look at their finances and say "Yea, NO, you have enough already, sorry." It's not like they're asking her, they're asking the court to compel the responsible party to pay back the expenses that she caused them to have. How much they got in donations has nothing to do with how much she
caused them to spend to come and witness her squirming, slimy, destructive madness of a 'defense'.

Cathy ‏@courtchatter · 41s41 seconds ago
WOW! Defense wants a report on the ALEXANDER'S donations. #jodiarias
---

Slime highway, anyone?

Interesting. Quid pro quo I say - JA must divulge her totals of all donations made to HER.

So what can the family do with this ruling? Do they have to remain passive or can they order a court appointed investigation of her finances and test the inviolability of her trust fund as a possible source for immediate payment?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni