George Kennedy

Forgot to add this little tidbit about where they are going...

JACKSON STATE PRISON TO CLOSE
Jackson State Prison will close in July of 2009, which will save the state $92 million, according to the Michigan Department of Corrections. 7,888 inmates currently reside there. The Governor will parole 500 elderly and infirm prisoners, as well as 5000 others who have already served their minimum sentences but are still behind bars for parole violations or other reasons. Not everyone is pleased with the idea...stay tuned. The number of state inmates is at an all-time high of 51,500

Wonder since they're going to be there on parole violations, they'll get released...

I do hope LE labs work fast so they don't release these guys so they can disappear.

GK is capable of carrying a 90 lb bag of cement. RS isn't, imo, but that doesn't mean they didn't work together.
moo

I think they should factor in the cost of searching for missing children and conducting murder investigations before they spend any of that 92 million they believe they've saved.

Forgot to add this little tidbit about where they are going...

JACKSON STATE PRISON TO CLOSE
Jackson State Prison will close in July of 2009, which will save the state $92 million, according to the Michigan Department of Corrections. 7,888 inmates currently reside there. The Governor will parole 500 elderly and infirm prisoners, as well as 5000 others who have already served their minimum sentences but are still behind bars for parole violations or other reasons. Not everyone is pleased with the idea...stay tuned. The number of state inmates is at an all-time high of 51,500

Wonder since they're going to be there on parole violations, they'll get released...

Thanks for this post jashrema, people should be contacting their representatives. This already occurred in state psychiatric hospitals. Some people referred to it as dumping. It will be sold as cost cutting but let me explain. This goes to community based services to those released.

Does anyone believe those released will have housing, food or basic living skills to survive on the outside? No they don't (insert halfway houses) in communities, usually along or near bus routes.

What, no money, no skills, no job, how do I survive? Well lets fill out an application for SSI or SSD. Besides we will be charging you to stay at our halfway house and need to recoup our expense.

http://www.ojp.usdoj.gov/bjs/crimoff.htm

not_my_kids posted a link to this article on the media thread.

http://www.examiner.com/a-2062071~Community_moves_to_new_stage_in_dead_girl_s_saga.html

Jun 10, 2009 4:52 PM

...Diane Lawson, Nevaeh's great-aunt, once warned Kennedy, a registered sex offender released from prison in 2003 after serving time for fourth-degree criminal sexual conduct, that if "any harm comes to my niece I will see that he gets punished any way he can."...

Posting this comment because it was made in reference to Kennedy and proves that even the extended family was aware of GK's status as RSO.

And nobody called his probation officer that he was violating his terms.

And nobody called his probation officer that he was violating his terms.

The parole officer and the parole officer's supervisor were aware that GK was involved with Jennifer. They recommended that he be returned to prison but were overruled.

Something that has been bothering me in the thought that GK might have had something to do with this.... Please correct me if I'm wrong....

Most sexual predators have a "type" they go after. I know it's not a fast and hard rule and I don't know statistics but a person who rapes an adult woman may not be the first person you think of when a child gets raped.

GK is in trouble for raping a young teenager, so this places some doubt in my mind that he is the perpetrator of this crime for a sexual reason.

Anybody else have an insight?

Something that has been bothering me in the thought that GK might have had something to do with this.... Please correct me if I'm wrong....

Most sexual predators have a "type" they go after. I know it's not a fast and hard rule and I don't know statistics but a person who rapes an adult woman may not be the first person you think of when a child gets raped.

GK is in trouble for raping a young teenager, so this places some doubt in my mind that he is the perpetrator of this crime for a sexual reason.

Anybody else have an insight?

Hi FormerWildchild, Good insight you have here.

Maybe it is Jennifer's involvement with GK that exposed Nivaeh to some other perv who is her abductor/killer.

The words of the Sheriff still resonate in my mind, saying there is someone out in the community who is very dangerous. He said so much with those words IMO. xox

FormerWildchild great post at 4:05 pm on 6-11-09. I think there is an age cutoff point for most sex offenders. I also think most would not commit murder. GK is only known to us because of the Nevaeh's death. I truly hope he is not involved in her death.

I honestly don't think he is, unless as discussed elsewhere, he took care of her body after the fact, hence the earlier talk of being buried "with care"

What would be his motive for helping to bury a child for someone else? Who could it be? He'd have taken a huge risk.

maybe to pay off a debt...lots of talk in this case about money/things being owed.
who knows...some kind of honor among thieves?

I doubt GK could assist in harming Nevaeh. I think the murderer acted alone.

I wonder if LE found any DNA or other types of evidence. It's hard to say how many perverts those two guys knew. They could have brought someone to Jennifer's home who liked little girls. I doubt that these were the only two perverts that Jennifer picked up with. She didn't seem to choosy about who she made friends with. Does anyone know if she is still into the drugs?

I sure don't understand why someone in Jennifer's family didn't step in and either take her daughter away from her or turn her in for having SO's in her home around her daughter and then turn the SO's in. If someone had just taken that responsibility this little girl would be alive today. I don't get the threatening the SO and then just sitting back until the little girl is dead.

I would imagine this family has a load of guilt to caring for the rest of their lives.....especially that mother. Wish they would find out who did this!

I think that the reason that Nevaeh's family did nothing to "help", or to intervene in the situation was that these men with "sexual criminal convictions" were accepted and taken to be "part of life and living" . Ex: Jen's own brother is a convicted sexual predator! I think the family took these acts with a grain of salt. I wonder of the brother were released from prison or the half-way house, if he would have been "allowed" to live in the home with the family?? You betcha! I don't think that litle Nevaeh ever stood a chance :furious:.... IMHO

I think that the reason that Nevaeh's family did nothing to "help", or to intervene in the situation was that these men with "sexual criminal convictions" were accepted and taken to be "part of life and living" . Ex: Jen's own brother is a convicted sexual predator! I think the family took these acts with a grain of salt. I wonder of the brother were released from prison or the half-way house, if he would have been "allowed" to live in the home with the family?? You betcha! I don't think that litle Nevaeh ever stood a chance :furious:.... IMHO

Ex: Jen's own brother is a convicted sexual predator!

This is the first I've heard of this - Are you referring to Michael? Can you provide a link to this information?

Thanks

Wasn't it the brother of the mother who took her little girl and took off with the RSO and they were just caught? I think the little girl's name is Haylee Donavan.
It's easy to get these cases mixed up but I think that is who you are thinking about. It was the brother who is in jail for sexual abuse that sent Robby..the predator..RSO...to his sister saying he was trying to set the predator up and it backfired. Thank God this little girl was alive when she was found.

http://www.detnews.com/article/2009...rest-in-Nevaeh-case-left-free-despite-actions

GREAT READ on Kennedy and what exactly his past violations of parole were. I would snip but there was so much in the article you really need to read the entire thing. Will cross post to the GK thread (also some info on Roy and Jennifer and Davis as well)

From the article nursebeeme linked above, bbm.

Kennedy's parole officer reported a third violation in December 2008, this time because he had a romantic relationship with a woman who had a criminal record and was the parent of a minor child -- both violations of his parole, Cordell said. Kennedy was again sent to the Tuscola program.

JB was still in jail in December, so this another mother letting RSO's around her child.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back