CA - Hasanni Campbell, 5, Oakland, 10 Aug 2009 - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
And it really bothers me that someone took the child and not the BMW - otherwise, one could assume it was a car-theft-turned-kidnapping.
It actually goes against logic that the car wasn't the target ~ if it was some random crime. MOO

http://www.insidebayarea.com/oaklandtribune/localnews/ci_13036933

Hassani, who will be a first-grader at Leitch Elementary School, lives on a quiet street in Fremont with his sister, his aunt, Jennifer Campbell, and her fiance, police said. His biological parents live separately in San Francisco. Police have declined to say why the boy does not live with them, though his mother may have some health problems.

In addition to interviewing the boy's aunt and her fiance, police have interviewed the boy's mother and grandmother. They had not yet spoken with the boy's father

I thought I initially read that he disappeared around 4 pm, now it's evening ?
I might take some heat for this, but I think foster parents should be either single and living as a single person or married. To me there's a difference between unmarried bio parents who live together and parents chosen by the state to take care of other people's children.
I'm not a prude, I just think those who are deemed worthy and given the awesome responsibility of taking care of another's child should somehow be held to a higher standard.
I am not trying to criticize unmarried couples who live together.
I wish I would have lived with my ex-husband first, then I could call him my ex-boyfriend.

Basically, fiancee sounds better. A girl and her boyfriend are the foster parents of a one year old and disabled 5 year old. Missing 5 year old.

I thought he was supposed to have gone around to the front to go through the store and unlock the back door. And that's when he discovered Hassani missing. MOO

So, he only had a key to the front, not the back?

Ross and Campbell say they did not leave Hassani in the car. When they returned to the alley, the child was missing.

Ok, they left him alone in the alley. MUCH BETTER.

I have a question.
When you foster child the state usually pays you monthly right?
When you adopt a child that you fostered do they still give you a monthly check?

I'm having a hard time believing the foster dads story.

maybe losing that payment would effect their life style...

I haven't read all the articles (sorry - I'm thread hopping - or just lazy, you choose), but what was the point of going in the front (which was unlocked?) to go open the back door to bring the child in? Because children of staff can only enter the back? Because it was easier to carry the baby in (was it nearer to the car?)? The articles I did read said that only the baby was going in - so was it the end of the foster mom's shift, or was this just a visit?

Sorry, I might just be bass-ackward on all this...

I have a question.
When you adopt a child that you fostered do they still give you a monthly check?

BBM

Possibly not if they owned a BMW, as I can't imagine the payments are all that high. But, then again, if the credit crunch teaches us anything, it's that a lot of people who own BMWs really can't afford them.

I have a question.

In Florida if you adopt a disabled child you continue to get the same $s as though you were fostering. Same thing with adopting a child who is related to you. Also adopting siblings is a qualifier. So these kids were covered in all ways if CA is the same.

Have we seen any official statement that these two were official foster parents? Or was this some interfamily arraingment?

Ross and Campbell say they did not leave Hassani in the car. When they returned to the alley, the child was missing.

Ok, they left him alone in the alley. MUCH BETTER.
Oh, so maybe he did lock the car so the car thiefs couldn't steal it, and therefore they took Hassani. Yes, that makes sense now. NOT! :doh: MOO

Have we seen any official statement that these two were official foster parents? Or was this some interfamily arraingment?
It sounded to me more like a family arrangement. Just MOO

I have a question.

They still get a monthly check if they adopt a child in state custody, which this child obviously is. Depending on income, if they adopt they could qualify for disability for Hassani.

I haven't read all the articles (sorry - I'm thread hopping - or just lazy, you choose), but what was the point of going in the front (which was unlocked?) to go open the back door to bring the child in? Because children of staff can only enter the back? Because it was easier to carry the baby in (was it nearer to the car?)? The articles I did read said that only the baby was going in - so was it the end of the foster mom's shift, or was this just a visit?

Sorry, I might just be bass-ackward on all this...

It really makes no sense. After all, it was a shoe store and I'm sure lots of people enter and leave--what difference would it make if an employee's fiance brought a child in through the front door, as long as they (the fiance and the child) behaved, and weren't acting disruptive to customers?
It doesn't make sense.
If there were some minutes left until the end of the aunt's shift, Ross could have taken the boy through the front door, to the back of the store, to wait until aunt was off work.
Apparently Ross was leaving the boy in his aunt's/foster mom's care because he had to go to a class. That's the story, anyway.

Like Paintr, I want to know if this is common? I don't think I have heard of this before.

Maybe they do this until they know whether the foster parent harmed Hassani? For the safety of the sister? I don't know.

It really makes no sense. After all, it was a shoe store and I'm sure lots of people enter and leave--what difference would it make if an employee's fiance brought a child in through the front door, as long as they (the fiance and the child) behaved, and weren't acting disruptive to customers?
It doesn't make sense.
If there were some minutes left until the end of the aunt's shift, Ross could have taken the boy through the front door, to the back of the store, to wait until aunt was off work.
Apparently Ross was leaving the boy in his aunt's/foster mom's care because he had to go to a class. That's the story, anyway.

"He was there to drop the boy's 1-year-old sister off with his fiance, Jennifer Campbell, the boy's aunt and foster mother, police said. Campbell manages the store."
http://www.insidebayarea.com/oaklandtribune/localnews/ci_13036933

This seems to suggest it was only the baby getting dropped off?

Also, every where I have worked, managers are pretty free to have whole family reunions run through the place as long as no customers complained (and even then in some places).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
megalow