Skyla Whitaker, 11, & Taylor Placker 13 - Found Murdered - #21

Wow! I'm glad to hear there was an arrest and justice will be coming for Skya and Taylor. I haven't followed this case much, so what connection do Sweat and Glock have to do the girls?

This is all hearsay gleaned from this and other sites, but Sweat evidently knows, and has connections in, the Weleetka area, and also may have acquaintance with one of the girls's families. The Glock I believe can fire a couple kinds of ammunition, which might account for the "two guns used" initial theory. Apparently, LE has recovered bullets known to have been fired during practice shooting of the Glock by Sweat which can be proven to have been fired from the same gun used in the Weleetka killings. I would not be surprised to learn that LE also has evidence he was in the area the day of the murders. As to motive - it may prove to be only meanness, though some think drugs will prove to be a determining factor.

I remember reading something about this gun being sold at a gun show-was it in OKA that it was sold?

"Investigators said they have identified one of the two weapons used in the murder as a .40 Glock model 22 with a serial number EKG463US. Officials said Sweat may have tried to sell that gun at a gun show in Tulsa in March, 2011. The OSBI is offering up to a $5,000 reward for that gun."

http://www.news9.com/story/15950305/man-charged-in-fiancees-murder-may-be-linked-to-weleetka-murders[/URL]http://www.news9.com/story/15950305/man-charged-in-fiancees-murder-may-be-linked-to-weleetka-murders

So he may have tried to sell it,but they don't know for sure if he did-correct? TIA

This is the case that brought me to WS. I am sitting here with tears streaming down my face.

Finally may justice be served.

This is the case that brought me to WS. I am sitting here with tears streaming down my face.

Me too, belimom - I remember reading about it when I still lived in Texas, before I moved back to OK, and thinking that, like the 1977 Girl Scout murders here, it might never be truly solved. It was the thread I looked for and first posted on when I joined WS. 1,279 days after the girls were shot dead, finally we have the beginnings of justice. Tears in my eyes while watching the presser.

Same here. I had read WS for a while, but this is the case that compelled me to join. I've calling everyone I know to tell them about the arrest. Still crying too!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk

Wow, I thought Glock was the name of the other murderer. I didn't realize it was a gun. -_-

Rest in peace now, Taylor and Skyla. Justice WILL be served.

Okla_girlsimage4171335x_244x183.jpg

I really thought that this was one of those cases that would never be solved .From The time it happend it just seemed this was too random and in the middle of no where with no real POI.s . Actually I thought if anything it might be something like a death bed confession . However i am VERY VERY HAPPY I was wrong and they caught this sick SOB ..The article on CNN really show's what a great job an amazing job actually by the Police . I would like nothing better then to see this guy get the DP.

Wow, I thought Glock was the name of the other murderer. I didn't realize it was a gun. -_-

Ya that's another thing that I think we all had wrong or I know I did . With the 2 Different guns used I just allways assumed there were 2 perp's . One for each gun. Yet another scenario to show just how good these LE have done with this case. Read the CNN article you will be amazed at the evidence and amount of people they interviewed and tips they had to check out ..

I have not posted by I have read about Shyla and Taylor, I am so happy they finally got the SOB! Shyla and Taylor can finally rest in peace.

I think we have tangential conversations going on here...here is the Kevin Sweat thread that is discussing the arrest and the murder charges:

Kevin Sweat Arrested

If memory serves, Claycat I think was suggesting a redhead was involved years ago; it may have been on one of the psychic threads this case had.

If memory serves, Claycat I think was suggesting a redhead was involved years ago; it may have been on one of the psychic threads this case had.

You are correct wfgodot. Claycat even sketched the redhead she 'saw' and it was a pretty darn close likeness to KS.

wm

How can something bring a smile to your face and tears to your eyes..........

Kudos to the FBI and the Oklahoma LE for pursing this case and finally capturing the true "monster" in this case!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Claycat is now inactive. She and I still email and discuss the case. She is one of the kindest people I have ever known and never gave up on the girls' case being solved.

wm

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JR Rainwater
Back