Amanda Knox tried for the murder of Meredith Kercher in Italy *NEW TRIAL*#11

Status
Not open for further replies.
But, the door was locked, so whoever killed MK had the key. If it was them, they would just have entered. There is no need to peer through windows or kick doors down.

The fact that they could not get in means that they did not lock the door. RG did.

Maybe they had already disposed of the keys.

I think it's ridiculous to assume the officer placed the lamp there. It's clear to me the lamp was there when the door was opened. It's behind the door, turned over and the cord went under the door.

That was written by a known IIP poster and is no better than an opinion post on TJMK.

It's true that it's speculation (an investigator bringing the lamp to illuminate the scene from the doorway) but it makes more sense than Amanda or Raffaele plugging in the lamp across the doorway, and stepping over the cord to walk through that door without seeing it or remembering it.

Amber, allow me to follow on what you wrote in the previous tread:

Does it mean you think it's possible the bathmat print is not a result of stepping in blood and there never was a trail of bloody footsteps leading to it from Meredith's room?
I'm not sure I understand how would the barefoot bathmat print be made. How do you envision it?

Obviously we can't know with 100% certainty. One explanation you proposed is that the luminol prints are residual, made during clean up, and not a result of stepping in blood. Interesting that the clean up was made barefoot.

I'm trying to understand. I'm trying to visualize the scenario constructed from your point of view. I believe it can be done by connecting the known points of evidence and filling the unknowns with some common sense.

bbm

It's ok to say that you are trying to show us holes in our theory.

I believe Amber, and I second this, have said that we don't have all the answers.

No one has each and every single answer of what exactly happened except for the perps(s), that is true for every case, unless it just happens to be that the whole thing was video-recorded!

I would also like to add that for the innocent-side it is very easy, relatively speaking, as you don't need any answers! If they are innocent!

All you need to do is say Rudy did it. If someone asks questions regarding the how pertaining to specific points of how he did it, the supporters of her innocence can just fall back on well, he did it. We don't know how he did it, but he did.

It's the supporters of her guilt who are expected to somehow have been at the murder scene and be able to tell what happened second by second.

I agree. Either it happened, or she lied about it happening for some reason (as you state, to appear panicked about MK).

See my post above where I quote from her book , verbatim, p 69.

Yes, quite puzzling.

I agree. Either it happened, or she lied about it happening for some reason (as you state, to appear panicked about MK).

See my post above where I quote from her book , verbatim, p 69.

Either it didn't happen and she is just making it all up to appear panicked, or it did happen (the terrace-stunt and the kicking the door) and she is just substituting Meredith for the lamp.

All you need to do is say Rudy did it. If someone asks questions regarding the how pertaining to specific points of how he did it, the supporters of her innocence can just fall back on well, he did it. We don't know how he did it, but he did.

I disagree. I personally don't think there is anything in the 'Guede only' scenario that cannot be explained. Could you give some examples?

The first responders. Don't they report what actions they took? Don't they have flashlights?

I haven't seen any reports. Have you?

I can easily envision, given the crowd and disorganization at the scene, that someone moved the lamp and didn't communicate it to the investigators.

Either it didn't happen and she is just making it all up to appear panicked, or it did happen (the terrace-stunt and the kicking the door) and she is just substituting Meredith for the lamp.

Or it did happen and she is telling the truth.

I can easily envision, given the crowd and disorganization at the scene, that someone moved the lamp and didn't communicate it to the investigators.
Nope. Well, I suppose we can all envision our own scenarios.

I disagree. I personally don't think there is anything in the 'Guede only' scenario that cannot be explained. Could you give some examples?

How did he climb up the wall and break in and not show any evidence by the windowsill, like fibers from his clothes, handprints, nothing. Why is the glass on top of the things? How did the murder scene get contained to only Meredith's room? How did he know automatically know the door was locked? If he did not automatically know, how comes there are no footprints going back and forth from door to purse and back to door? Where are his missing footprints? Where is the blood from locking the doors? Why would he lock Meredith's door but leave front door unlocked? How did he restrain Meredith and attack her at the same time, to account for the what the evidence shows? How was he in the bathroom and there is no evidence of him in there, blood-wise? If he wasn't in there, how did the smears/blood get in the bathroom yet in such a relatively small amount to what would have been on Rudy? Where are the missing footprints going to the bathroom? Why the overkill? Why use a knife when he could have killed her in a less messy way (such as strangiing her?)? Why choose the messiest way possible? Why is the scene outside of the bedroom so relatively clean? Why didn't he also check Laura and Amanda's room for things to steal? Why only Filomena room and Meredith room? If he was already in the house when Meredith came in, why didn't she notice the broken window or Rudy in the bathroom, there must have been a light or two on for him to get to the bathroom or wherever he was going? If he was so calm about using a bathroom, acting like he wasn't worried if someone walked in, why wouldn't he turn on the lights? And if the lights were on, why wouldn't Meredith notice? Why woudl she walk all the way to her room first??

That is just off the top of my head.....

There is no doubt that the Guede-as-lone-wolf scenario is a compelling one, especially after Hendry made it "come alive" with his analysis.

It is an option that no thinking person can simply dismiss out of hand. I myself was a firm believer in it for a long time. Had Hellmann's ruling been upheld by the Supreme Court di Cassazione, I myself would have let the matter rest and moved on.

As it stands, I chose to see if I could "see the other side" this time around. In some ways, it has been compelling. In others, I feel I am having to make my logic and reason jump through many hoops. I think there is something "off" about Knox and Sollecito the morning of Nov 2. And little bits from then on. But I will be the first to admit, that if they are guilty, they lucked out, because there are ways to refute much of what the prosecution asserts. I simply am trying to follow through on my decision to be open to guilt. I don't like being played for a fool by the American media , if that is even occurring, too. And I don't want Guede's "black man found, found guilty" to make him a prophet, either. Nor to dismiss Mignini for his Monster of Florence affair.

Wasn't it daytime when the discovered the body? No need for lamp in the daytime.

The first responders. Don't they report what actions they took? Don't they have flashlights?

You would think if the first responders had moved the lamp, then GM wouldn't need to wonder how it got there.

What reason would they have for not saying they had placed it there?

When it was brought up as questionable why it was there, why would one not say "well I put that there" or was someone already in the mind set of framing Amanda?

SMK I'm not meaning these questions necessarily towards you, more just voicing my questions.

You would think if the first responders had moved the lamp, then GM wouldn't need to wonder how it got there.

What reason would they have for not saying they had placed it there?

When it was brought up as questionable why it was there, why would one not say "well I put that there" or was someone already in the mind set of framing Amanda?

SMK I'm not meaning these questions necessarily towards you, more just voicing my questions.
Yes, good point. Especially if they saw that it was raising all kinds of questions.

Not much sunlight in November and it was a cloudy day, judging by the photos.
I would think police and responders always have flashlights because they never know what they may have to probe and look at. (even the postal police looking for cellphones in the grass).

Not much sunlight in November and it was a cloudy day, judging by the photos.

I thought Meredith had an overhead light? Also, they could have just gotten the lamp which was already in her room (Meredith's own lamp). I still do not believe they would have needed any lamp at all. MOO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member