Becky Sue Turner and related

Dark, do you know what programs where available at that Job Corp location? Office or office machines or computer training? Restaurant & Hospitality? So far we haven't found anything to suggest construction trades, heavy equipment, or railroading for BST/FLEK!

business occupation was offered as well as Culinary arts

maybe that's where FLEK learned about Cuban food, either from an instructor, fellow student, or recipe research??? Might explain the tea party preference as well.

Thanks, Dark, how alumni group you found comes through for us!

Only reason i thought of it is I am a alumni from there. I was in both trades I listed. I have a funny feeling I seen her be for. so i am going back to all the places i have lived or been looking in to it.

Only reason i thought of it is I am a alumni from there. I was in both trades I listed. I have a funny feeling I seen her be for. so i am going back to all the places i have lived or been looking in to it.

Welcome to the case! I first started researching this case because I felt like FLEK looked familiar, like she was someone I knew. I hope someone from your alumni group recognizes her!

Dark, thanks so much for sharing abilities only you have!!! We've all tried to contribute from what we know, and we've bumped into lots & lots of barriers. Maybe you will climb over & throw us a line!

:seeya:

there is a lot of cross over with me and her. We have been in a lot of the same places close to the same time . Only places is out is TX only was going throw the area.

If i sent someone a photo could someone morph it with hers

I have reread this entire thread and don't see any discussion on this but I'm sure there was one somewhere. Is there still any possibility that she was connected to the Barkers at the Idaho address? I'm not sure if I noticed before that the address was misspelled on that ID. That kind of makes me think she had been to that address or possibly stayed there for awhile and was giving it to the clerk from memory. It just seems to me that if it were an address she had looked up for the purpose of creating this identity, she would have had the right spelling. Of course it could have just been a clerical error on the part of the clerks office but I feel she was at that address.

I seem to have a vague recollection of a mention about the barkers taking in wayward teens but can't recall if that was just mentioned as a possibility or if there was actually some reason to think they did. If someone can refresh my memory or point me to the right thread I'd appreciate it.

I have reread this entire thread and don't see any discussion on this but I'm sure there was one somewhere. Is there still any possibility that she was connected to the Barkers at the Idaho address? I'm not sure if I noticed before that the address was misspelled on that ID. That kind of makes me think she had been to that address or possibly stayed there for awhile and was giving it to the clerk from memory. It just seems to me that if it were an address she had looked up for the purpose of creating this identity, she would have had the right spelling. Of course it could have just been a clerical error on the part of the clerks office but I feel she was at that address.

I seem to have a vague recollection of a mention about the barkers taking in wayward teens but can't recall if that was just mentioned as a possibility or if there was actually some reason to think they did. If someone can refresh my memory or point me to the right thread I'd appreciate it.

There is always a possibility of that, IMO, but the Barkers were questioned and claimed not to know her. The info about them taking in wayward teens is not quite accurate--though they might have. All we have is what was printed in the mother's obituary: http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg.cgi?page=gr&GRid=115774245
The relevant quote from the obituary says
P*** touched many lives and was well known for her gift of hospitality. An extra setting at the B****r dinner table was a common occurrence as she and G**** welcomed visitors into their home for a night or two, developing many lifelong friendships by the time dessert (chocolate, of course) was served.

From that I think people have extrapolated that they took in wayward teens or homeless people for a night or two and one of those people could have been FLEK. But the wording is so vague and it doesn't really say their 2 night visitors were troubled people at all. If we have more to go on than the obituary, I hope someone will correct me.

There is always a possibility of that, IMO, but the Barkers were questioned and claimed not to know her. The info about them taking in wayward teens is not quite accurate--though they might have. All we have is what was printed in the mother's obituary: http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg.cgi?page=gr&GRid=115774245
The relevant quote from the obituary says

From that I think people have extrapolated that they took in wayward teens or homeless people for a night or two and one of those people could have been FLEK. But the wording is so vague and it doesn't really say their 2 night visitors were troubled people at all. If we have more to go on than the obituary, I hope someone will correct me.

Thank you. I think the wayward teen angle was just something that was in my own mind but couldn't remember where I got it from lol. I did not recall that the Barkers had been questioned though, so that eliminates the possibility that she was any relation, but doesn't eliminate the possibility that she was a visitor there at some point. That was what I was trying to find out. Thank you very much for saving me from a long search for that info. :)

From what I remember someone here at WS spoke to one of the children who said they did take in people sometimes but didn't remember LEK. But the parents (who would have been the homeowners/adults at the time) weren't interviewed. JMO

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VT_Squire
Back