Madeleine McCann general discussion thread #28

Status
Not open for further replies.
Having a drug addict in a family is very hard to live with.
He would sell everything possible.My uncles cousin had a son like this. OMG! HE destroyed the family with his drug habits.
I believe his sister could remember him selling a phone if it was a nice phone.
She does remember giving him her own phone too.

But to be honest, my own logics do not accept this guy as a possible suspect.
The only possible in my logic is maybe him helping in taking the child out of the apartment for some amount of money.. but that can also be anyone..doesn't need to be him.

And his suspicious death can apply to that line of thinking..

It's possible for the family members to remember that he used to sell a lot of phones and maybe even a particular phone that stood out somehow (let's say he stole Granny's phone on her birthday, they would probably remember that) but IMO it is very unlikely that they could remember *when* a particular phone was bought or sold if it happened so often.

I don't even remember when I broke my previous phone... I hardly remember what it was like. How many of you you remember the date you bought or got rid of the phone you had about six years ago? Was it before or after Madeleine's disappearance? What about your relatives? I can't even describe the phones that any of my relatives outside my immediate household have NOW with any accuracy... I think my father's phone is probably a black or gray Nokia, but I've no idea when he got that. I'm not even sure what brand my mom's phone is. It's gray and it folds and she's got a boring ringtone. I think she's probably got it for a couple of years because she gave her old one to one of my kids (who has since lost it). Other relatives... I've simply got no idea.

True, and how would the sister know which particular phone number they are talking about.

It's possible for the family members to remember that he used to sell a lot of phones and maybe even a particular phone that stood out somehow (let's say he stole Granny's phone on her birthday, they would probably remember that) but IMO it is very unlikely that they could remember *when* a particular phone was bought or sold if it happened so often.

I don't even remember when I broke my previous phone... I hardly remember what it was like. How many of you you remember the date you bought or got rid of the phone you had about six years ago?

I do. I actually got rid of a phone six years ago and I could tell you pretty much exactly when, mostly because this phone was darn irritating, constantly losing the range basically everywhere. I can't remember though when my relatives changed their phones.

What are you talking about? The tractor man news came from Portugal, articles from CdM, written by Amaral's friend who is his court witness..

It is not The McCanns, it is the Portuguese tabloids that started this story and their source is the PJ..

The McCanns said this story is 'pure speculation'

So, how can you blame the McCanns for the tractor man stories.. it is beyond belief.

"Beyond belief"...really?

I find it "beyond belief" that the McCanns have managed to involve 3+ international governments with their plight, that they have managed to dominate the UK media in a sympathetic light, they supressed incredibly important information because it didn't suit them (Tanner man v. Smith man) which has skewed the investigation for the last 6 years and left the McCanns incredibly rich and getting richer.

Let us also not forget that Clarry was a top government spin doctor before he came on board, and has actively planted and pushed stories, eggman, Hewlett, Murat etc etc on and on Posh Spice Madagascar Gypsies blah blah blah.

What grieving parent prioritises the hiring of a PR guru in the first days of their loss?

:pullhair:

Yep that's what I find hard to believe.

Oh and in regards to whatever phones the McCanns had - they could have had 20 each, but NONE were handed over for examination without being wiped.

McCanns are not the suspects right now.

I do. I actually got rid of a phone six years ago and I could tell you pretty much exactly when, mostly because this phone was darn irritating, constantly losing the range basically everywhere. I can't remember though when my relatives changed their phones.

But if it was close to Madeleine's abduction, I know pretty well where I was when I first time heard of that.

People in Portugal heard it before us, they also probably know well how they heard the story and where they were that time.

So, the sister, whose brother worked there might remember talking to him about it during the day 2 or similar. And therefore she might remember about his phone too.

"Beyond belief"...really?

I find it "beyond belief" that the McCanns have managed to involve 3+ international governments with their plight, that they have managed to dominate the UK media in a sympathetic light, they supressed incredibly important information because it didn't suit them (Tanner man v. Smith man) which has skewed the investigation for the last 6 years and left the McCanns incredibly rich and getting richer.

Let us also not forget that Clarry was a top government spin doctor before he came on board, and has actively planted and pushed stories, eggman, Hewlett, Murat etc etc on and on Posh Spice Madagascar Gypsies blah blah blah.

What grieving parent prioritises the hiring of a PR guru in the first days of their loss?

:pullhair:

Yep that's what I find hard to believe.

If My child was missing, I would involve everyone in the whole world that I could get to come on board.

It is ridiculous that the parents are being blamed for searching diligently, going to any lengths and keeping the story of their missing child alive. If there was anything that pointed to their guilt, No one would help them. There is nothing that says they are anything but grieving, parents on a mission to Find Madeleine at all costs..

Good for them for hiring someone to handle the press and inquiries for them.

If My child was missing, I would involve everyone in the whole world that I could get to come on board.

It is ridiculous that the parents are being blamed for searching diligently, going to any lengths and keeping the story of their missing child alive. If there was anything that pointed to their guilt, No one would help them. There is nothing that says they are anything but grieving, parents on a mission to Find Madeleine at all costs..

Good for them for hiring someone to handle the press and inquiries for them.

Searching diligently?

When?

Kate never even called Madeleine's name, still hasn't.

Neither of them searched that night apart from Gerry for oh, about 4 minutes, and neither of them searched after...which they have admitted to.

The McCanns Did Not Physically Search for Madeleine WHY NOT? - YouTube

Tell me, if they were "searching diligently" then why did they supress the efit and threaten their own detective agency when they (naturally) uncovered incriminating evidence?

:dunno:

Searching diligently?

When?

Kate never even called Madeleine's name, still hasn't.

Neither of them searched that night apart from Gerry for oh, about 4 minutes, and neither of them searched after...which they have admitted to.

The McCanns Did Not Physically Search for Madeleine WHY NOT? - YouTube

Tell me, if they were "searching diligently" then why did they supress the efit and threaten their own detective agency when they (naturally) uncovered incriminating evidence?

:dunno:
This has nothing to do with anything other than how people THINK she should have reacted. What she should have done.

And with all the false reporting and lies about them, who knows what happened in those early hours.

I don't care about internet rumor and innuendo, I care about the fact that it is obvious and public that these people are searching for their daughter and have been since the moment she disappeared.

She was taken. There is no doubt about that. The whole world is looking for her, The police in Portugal are reopening the case.

No one believes it was the McCanns.

This has nothing to do with anything other than how people THINK she should have reacted. What she should have done.

And with all the false reporting and lies about them, who knows what happened in those early hours.

I don't care about internet rumor and innuendo, I care about the fact that it is obvious and public that these people are searching for their daughter and have been since the moment she disappeared.

She was taken. There is no doubt about that. The whole world is looking for her, The police in Portugal are reopening the case.

No one believes it was the McCanns.

The lead detective did and still does Amaral. Their own detectives had their investigative reports suppressed. Why? I guess we will never know,

I'm not faulting them for looking for madeleine, however their behaviour at the beginning was quite bizarre. Remember the photo ops with the twins? The pope visit? Gerry's daily diary. Etc etc. I guess it was their way of coping

You can post conspiracy videos from the net as much as you want . It proves nothing. They are not suspects and free citizens . Send it to PJ if you have any proof

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

The lead detective did and still does Amaral. Their own detectives had their investigative reports suppressed. Why? I guess we will never know,

I'm not faulting them for looking for madeleine, however their behaviour at the beginning was quite bizarre. Remember the photo ops with the twins? The pope visit? Gerry's daily diary. Etc etc. I guess it was their way of coping

Amaral had no credit with me. Not at all. Apparently they are the only two left.

It is not like when OJ was going to find the real killer. He did not make a big deal out of it. Just a little show. And no one had his back. People were not on board, The media did not help him.. because people knew it was bunk..

This on the other hand is a case where the prevailing opinion of the Law enforcement agencies involved is that she was indeed abducted by a stranger. The Portuguese govt has a stake in it being the parents because then their country is safe and people will not be afraid to come with their children.
They are not impartial. But now, They have reopened the case. Because they know there is more there and they have ignored it.

So, basically, if you believe that it was the McCanns, it means that you're no one?

At work and getting alerts on this thread. Closed until a mod is able to take time to analyze the situation.

I can't find the open thread for Madeleine's case. I see that Kimster said she would open a main thread I cannot find it.

This case; and threads and info needs to remain open for discussion. Even if some think the parents have been cleared others don't.

I'd like to write about something that happened that REALLY and TRULY peeked my interest. I like to "catch up" on shows that I've missed. Through netfilx or whatever streaming serv I can. So recently I watch all of Trials and Retribution. It's not the first case; I think it was closer to the last case...they are only 2 epi's per SEASON.

Now; I want all to watch it; and listen for the part where the woman, who just finds out her kid is taken, says the exact same phrase when giving her public plea. I'd like to know exactly how this happened. KM gave her plea in PDL not in the UK. She must have seen this show. I need to know; we all need to know if she did. Because OK now I remember it's season 1 epi one or two WHEN SHE IS OFFERED TO GIVE A PUBLIC PLEA.....

The SAME EXACT WORDS CAME OUT OF KATE MCCANNS MOUTH AND THE UK SCOTLAND YARD AND PDL need to know this. Review the show when you have time; then please post. Please. I need you all to see it; just the first two episodes. This occurred BEFORE Madel ever went missing. FYI

Also; in PDL there were those huge construction sewer pipes in PDL right along side where they stayed. Now this; these TWO coinkydinks can no longer be described as coinky dinks, esp when she opens her mouth to give a public plea. On teh show; and in real life. It's uncanny; I hv to write this I need you all to see the first and second epi and think on KM and what she said at her press conf when she plead for Madeleine. Please.

Scotland Yard Must Determine if the McCanns saw this show. Or if they subscribed or if they watched it through their service. Because it links up in too many conv. ways.
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1511543/

Life imitates art.

I would imagine someone involved may well have seen this when it was originally aired, I know I did. It was, still is, one of the best UK crime series made. I will happily watch repeats.

I'm a fan of Linda La Plante's books too, I wonder if the scene you are quoting also appears verbatim in those? :waitasec:

I remember being struck by another case in which the father of a missing child physically posed in the exact same way I had seen Jax do when his baby got kidnapped on an old Sons of Anarchy episode I had caught the same week.

It was jarring - did this guy behave in the way he had seen one of his heroes behave on tv? Was he acting and following a script? :eek:

I was (am) curious to know if he had the dvd or had viewed it on Netflix multiple times sometime prior to the crime.

That one hasn't been solved but what he did was just too manufactured. He posed the identical pose which was not what I'd call natural or normal especially as he did it in front of the cameras, just like an bad actor in a cheap movie.

Continue discussing the case here.

Please remember that ALL OPINIONS ARE WELCOME. Do not make your posts "personal" meaning address the content of the post and not the poster. Also: drop reference to sides/camps/groups If you have concerns with a post alert it, do not address it.

Thread reopened. Adhere to the above or find yourself looking at the wrong end of my ray gun.

Is this an old article? It says 2 days ago when I did a search but the date appears wrong in the article. :waitasec:

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2013/11/06/ben-needham_n_4225840.html

Labour's Angela Smith challenged David Cameron over why the Maddie search had been given extra cash - when a similar request from the Needhams had been turned down.

Speaking during Prime Minister's Questions, she said: "Two years ago, the Prime Minister rightly agreed that extra resources should be made available to assist in the search for Madeleine McCann and yet, only months later, he turned down a similar request from Kerry Needham, my constituent, whose son Ben is still missing after 22 years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni