Sentencing and beyond- JA General Discussion #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
* Imo she stuck with the lie about returning the third gas can because in her mind having two gas cans is merely being on the safe side for running out of gas on a road trip, but three gas cans might very well mean premeditation on her part to the jury. Her entire defense was based around no premeditation, so that means *only* having two five gallon gas cans. You know... to be on the safe side. So she doesn't run out of gas in between gas stations 30 miles apart from each other. In the desert. At night!

Hmm... so if she thinks she may have to fill her car up with gas from one or more five gallon gas cans in the middle of the desert at night... who holds the flashlight for her so she can see what she's doing?

Yeah, except that I know personally that there are no shortage of gas stations in Arizona, nobody runs out of gas in the desert and is stranded. One driving trip I made from either LA/San Diego, my car kept breaking down literally every 30 miles due to various problems from the heat. Tires blew out, radiator overheated, spark plug wires were arcing... there was always a gas station. It's also always heavily traveled going to/from Phoenix, even in the middle of the night, so noone is stranded. I've spent many a Christmas Eve driving in the middle of the night to Phoenix.

BBM. I haven't been around for a while and maybe this has already been discussed, but... Little Miss Gas Cans actually claims she did run out of gas and got "stranded" ("like a sitting duck") on the way from SoCal to Utah. She mentions this in her interrogation with Det. Flores, in part as a way to account for more of the time it took her to get to Utah, and also as a way to explain how she eventually found her charger...

From Beach's transcript of interrogation video 4:

20:57
DF: Even if you got totally lost doesn’t explain all that time. It does not … I mean…if you went four hours here, five hours in the wrong direction it’s still a long period of time.

21:07
JA: Well, at that one point I wasn’t going anywhere because I ran out of gas. I was totally stranded. I was sitting…like a sitting duck, and that’s when I began… it was a little bit warm. It wasn’t too hot, but… umm… that’s when I just I read for a little bit. I had already slept. Umm and that’s when I started looking around the car and organizing stuff and getting trash together and had a couple bites to eat from snacks that I had and when I was cleaning out under the seat I found my phone charger, plugged it in, powered it on, and there was no cell phone reception anywhere.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...-the-Interrogation-Videos-of-Jodi-Arias/page2

(Oh my gosh, Det. Flores has the patience of a saint. He's accusing her of murder and she's yammering on about the temperature, reading, napping, tidying, and SNACKS!)

I'm assuming she was never stranded and this is all just another of her insanely detailed fictions. Does anyone know if she was ever asked to explain how and where she ran out of gas? How she called for help ("there was no cell phone reception anywhere")? Who she called for help? How she got un-stranded?

Thanks.
BBM. Bingo! We have a winner!:winner:

Court was halted one afternoon (while ALV on stand IIRC) because Jodi had a severe migraine. Willmott asked for water and meds to be taken to the holding cell. Court in recess until the next day

Still no proof it wasn't a delay tactic like Michael Jackson's spider bite, although I actually get migraines even though my doctor has not diagnosed them.

During testimony she said she ran out of gas about 15 - 30 miles from Winniemucca, I'd have to rewatch it but I think she said she mapquested a gas station and someone brought her gas. This is a whopping lie because she had 3 full gas cans from the SLC stop (which I think was the last stop before Winniemucca).

She needed the third gas can because she couldn't make it from Mesa out of AZ with just two (and not stop for gas), I would imagine she was trying to give the jurors 'reasonable doubt' about how she could make it out of AZ without that gas can nor stopping to get more gas...it's all she had once JM busted her on it and her lie failed miserably.

Aha! So she claimed she needed the 3rd gas can for the trip home? But then she's still admitting she was in the state of Arizona (which was the whole point of the gas cans- to not stop at gas stations in AZ- to not leave a paper trail/surveillance cameras).

During testimony she said she ran out of gas about 15 - 30 miles from Winniemucca, I'd have to rewatch it but I think she said she mapquested a gas station and someone brought her gas. This is a whopping lie because she had 3 full gas cans from the SLC stop (which I think was the last stop before Winniemucca).

She needed the third gas can because she couldn't make it from Mesa out of AZ with just two (and not stop for gas), I would imagine she was trying to give the jurors 'reasonable doubt' about how she could make it out of AZ without that gas can nor stopping to get more gas...it's all she had once JM busted her on it and her lie failed miserably.
Too bad Juan didn't press her for specific info on who came to her rescue with enough fuel to get her back on the road to a gas station so he could expose THAT lie, too.

Does anyone know if there are any receipts for gas between Tesoro in SLC, UT and Redding, CA where she returned the rental car?

Too bad Juan didn't press her for specific info on who came to her rescue with enough fuel to get her back on the road to a gas station so he could expose THAT lie, too.

Does anyone know if there are any receipts for gas between Tesoro in SLC, UT and Redding, CA where she returned the rental car?

Don't know, but wanted to add Winnemucca is in Nevada. Been through there before too.

Still no proof it wasn't a delay tactic like Michael Jackson's spider bite, although I actually get migraines even though my doctor has not diagnosed them.

I don't know about the spider bite but Amy Murphey (reporter, abc station in Phoenix) did confirm Jodi was taking meds for migraines while in custody.

Is there evidence (e.g. in texts) that she in fact has migraines? It sure doesn't seem like it.

Maybe this self-abscribed "migraine" diagnosis has been cramps all along?

Lol, maybe. This says she actually was supposed to take medication, so court wouldn't be canceled back then.

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1303/27/ijvm.01.html

Antidepressants, tranquilizers, AND migraine meds. Geesh.

I'm telling ya nothing is going to maximize her frontal lobe to any good use.

Yeah, but even if she were his full-time live in girlfriend or wife, there's still no excuse for a bloody palm print on the wall, and IIRC, it was mixed with Travis's blood. The logical conclusion is that it was placed there at the time of the struggle, especially when noone's else's blood or DNA was present. (I.E. Jodi can't claim bloody nose, cut herself, or menstrual blood)

That's the problem, for however many reasons, the pics were essential (Juan's words, not mine) because (I guess) she could always say, oh my DNA was probably everywhere, he always abused me (whatever date she wants to say), etc etc. Whether or not the jury would have believed that without the pics I don't know, a few of the males were making eyes at her... so I don't trust them...

Lol, maybe. This says she actually was supposed to take medication, so court wouldn't be canceled back then.

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1303/27/ijvm.01.html

Antidepressants, tranquilizers, AND migraine meds. Geesh.

I'm telling ya nothing is going to maximize her frontal lobe to any good use.

And, words I hope we'll never have to read again: "The beautiful 32-year-old photographer..."

I still can't understand how this moniker stuck, especially when she was never anything more than a low-rent waitress with crooked teeth and some experience with photoshop...

I don't know about the spider bite but Amy Murphey (reporter, abc station in Phoenix) did confirm Jodi was taking meds for migraines while in custody.

Michael Jackson tried to delay his child molestation trial by going to the hospital for a "spider bite". Didn't work. The trial continued. He also would show up for court in his jammies...

Here's the map of her route, with gas stops, amount of purchase, mileage and time between stops according to the receipts (along with legend):

Attachments

• JAroutelabel.jpg
    JAroutelabel.jpg
    82.8 KB · Views: 35
  • JAroutemaplegend.jpg
    JAroutemaplegend.jpg
    28.5 KB · Views: 30
That's the problem, for however many reasons, the pics were essential (Juan's words, not mine) because (I guess) she could always say, oh my DNA was probably everywhere, he always abused me (whatever date she wants to say), etc etc. Whether or not the jury would have believed that without the pics I don't know, a few of the males were making eyes at her... so I don't trust them...

Wow, that time limit, is anyone else still getting used to that...

I wanted to add... in the end a female juror is the holdout... the irony.

Did anyone happen to see/have a link for the supposed post-WS interview kerfluffle on ABC15 news last night?

Nurmi supposedly vented about JM not using the jail call tapes, ABC spoke with JM by phone, and he was surprised that Nurmi was rampaging on?

Did anyone happen to see/have a link for the supposed post-WS interview kerfluffle on ABC15 news last night?

Nurmi supposedly vented about JM not using the jail call tapes, ABC spoke with JM by phone, and he was surprised that Nurmi was rampaging on?

that would be sweet! I hope someone can share. :)

Not sure I've seen much discussion re: this last picture from the deleted photo series, or maybe I just missed it. I played around with the lighting, etc. and found what looks to me like a doorknob in the upper left corner of this shot. Has anyone seen this mentioned, and does that give us a better idea of the location? (I'm thinking the linen closet door, maybe on the way to the shower?)

View attachment 89693

If no one responded, just wanted to say it's Jodi's thumb, not a door knob. All that white at the top, toward the left, is Jodi' left hand, pulling or somehow handling Travis.

If no one responded, just wanted to say it's Jodi's thumb, not a door knob. All that white at the top, toward the left, is Jodi' left hand, pulling or somehow handling Travis.

Agreed, and nice to see you again. :)

#FifthDimension lol

How do you charge your phone when your car is out of gas? You need to have power to charge the phone...

Wish Flores had caught that. I'd love to see her squirm her way through another crazy explanation.

The car battery could provide power.

Well, see here's the thing- I could understand her going from Yreka to Utah possibly on only two cans if she hadn't detoured through Southern California. But once you do that, you still have to drive North and East whether you stop in Mesa AZ or not...

There was no reason at all to go to SoCal. She only went there because she planned to go to Mesa. Premeditation in full swing.

ITA. The Winnemucca lie must be covering up some other scheme. She might have had to cover a couple of missing hours between SLC and Winnemucca.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Smokylotus