NC - Shaniya Davis, 5, Allegedly sold by mother 11/10/09 #11

Status
Not open for further replies.
SANFORD - Shaniya Davis was alive when she left a Sanford motel, Fayetteville police said this morning in a news release.

Additional charges are expected today in the death of the 5-year-old child whose body was found in a wooded area off Walker Road in Lee County just before 1 p.m. on Monday, the release said.

http://www.fayobserver.com/Articles/2009/11/17/952898

More at link...

Updated

http://www.wral.com/news/local/story/6435879/

"A week after a 5-year-old Fayetteville girl disappeared and a day after her body was found near Sanford, police are still trying to sort out the evidence in the case to determine who to charge in her death."

"Police wouldn't say whether McNeill, who is described as a former boyfriend of Davis, provided the information that prompted the search, but they made clear Monday that the information didn't come from an outside tip.

Both McNeill and Davis are being held in isolation at the Cumberland County Detention Center for their protection, authorities said.

Authorities confirmed Tuesday that Davis is pregnant and that Clarence Coe is the father of the child."
Does anyone know for sure whether the baby will be born will HIV,,knowing that Coe has it?

YouTube- Smile - Chaplin by Nat King Cole

Smile
Smile though your heart is aching;
Smile even though it's breaking.
When there are clouds in the sky, you'll get by.
If you smile through your fear and sorrow,
Smile and maybe tomorrow,
You'll see the sun come shining through for you.

Light up your face with gladness,
Hide every trace of sadness.
Although a tear may be ever so near,
That's the time you must keep on trying,
Smile, what's the use of crying?
You'll find that life is still worthwhile,
If you just smile.

That's the time you must keep on trying,
Smile, what's the use of crying?
You'll find that life is still worthwhile
If you just smile.
Lyrics by John Turner and Geoffrey Parsons.
Music written by Charlie Chaplin, 1936.
I love this song, and yes it is true, but the one I was thinking was I think smokey Robinson. that s all I remember of it.
"The tears of a clown when there is no one around". that one describes someone smiles when there is such deep sadness.... I am sure it is a nervous reaction.

SANFORD - Shaniya Davis was alive when she left a Sanford motel, Fayetteville police said this morning in a news release.

Additional charges are expected today in the death of the 5-year-old child whose body was found in a wooded area off Walker Road in Lee County just before 1 p.m. on Monday, the release said.

More at link...

I think I just threw up in my mouth a little.

I was about to go get lunch, I think this thread ended it for today.

Does anyone else literally get light headed when they think of watching the father's statement?

911 call will be on HLN, they are getting the tape ready.

I really hope that those pending charges include some on the aunt (BD) and upgraded to murder.
That would brighten my day just a smidge.

Per NG last night- Commit a felony-Human Trafficking- that causes/results in death is eligible for Felony Murder charges. Making her eligible for the DP. I hope the prosecutors in that county are HARDCORE!!!!!

Praying.

If that's the case and he admitted to killing her, why wasn't he charged with murder? Or maybe that's coming today?

I think he will be as soon as it's "offically" her and the case ruled a homocide by the ME

We do not know that - for example have there been any other arrests since MAM was arrested?

Inside tips can come from many, many sources.

I thought that I read somewhere right after MAM's arrest that MAM was told to turn himself in by family members. I think that he confided in a family member or other very close associate as to what happened to Saniya and where her body was located. I think that person in turn gave the information to LE.

More at link...

OMG - I'm scared to read this. What does that mean? She was alive when she left the motel? That poor baby.

Salem

HIV is transmitted from mother to baby, but if her partner has it the mother may as well. Does anyone know if she has been tested ?

Has anyone else felt sorry for the Medical Examiner?

My Grandfather use to work in Chapel Hill with the ME. I never heard horror stories of children (I was young), but the others... The poor ME. I've prayed for them more than once today.

Ohhhh man...I am still trying to catch up this morning, so sorry if someone already got to this. I posted this back on #9:

Not sure if you all caught this one yet:

Police were also chasing an unconfirmed tip that Shaniya was seen with a man driving a blue or smoky gray 1995 Toyota.

http://www.myfox8.com/wghp-shaniya-s...,5465615.story

O/T,,Wayne Corliss, per HLN has been sentenced to just 20 years for traveling to Thailand, to have sex with kids...To the poster earlier,,this must be dejavue (sp)...If I were you I would report the people you know who was involved in going over seas to have sex with kids...This case with Corliss,,,I think,,happened a long time ago and they just found him and now he has been convicted...I only wish he would have to spend the rest of his miserable life in the pen...

this information could be a contribution on the Human Trafficking Awareness Thread. JMO
Trafficking children is a huge problem, and the traveling perps is just part of that problem.
FYI : http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=91597&highlight=shaniya+davis

Updated

http://www.wral.com/news/local/story/6435879/

"A week after a 5-year-old Fayetteville girl disappeared and a day after her body was found near Sanford, police are still trying to sort out the evidence in the case to determine who to charge in her death."

"Police wouldn't say whether McNeill, who is described as a former boyfriend of Davis, provided the information that prompted the search, but they made clear Monday that the information didn't come from an outside tip.

Both McNeill and Davis are being held in isolation at the Cumberland County Detention Center for their protection, authorities said.

Authorities confirmed Tuesday that Davis is pregnant and that Clarence Coe is the father of the child."[/QUOTE]

BBM. First of all, :furious: at her being pregnant. And I thought her and Coe had only been together for 3 weeks. :waitasec: Am I wrong?

Two years... Shaniya had only been living at Sleepy #ell Hole for three weeks.

:parrot:

Dammit! CHARGE THEM BOTH WITH MURDER!!!!

I hear you MDO I hear you.

I noted last night on NG that this state does have the death penalty (of which I am a supporter).

Here is how I interpreted the exchange on NG.

Both have been thus far charged with a felony. One has been charged with kidnapping (a felony) the other has been charged with felony child abuse.

Even if she did not directly murder Shaniya (AD); Shaniya's murder was a direct result of her actions in which she has already been charged with felony child abuse. That makes Shaniya's murder a felony murder. IMHO.

When (not if) but when, they add the charges of murder it is automatically upgraded and will give the SA the opportunity to seek the DP for the crimes of both parties.

Unfortunately, one of the offenders has an ace up her sleeve (AKA a bun in the oven) and I'm concerned that may keep her safe from the full brunt of what she deserves during her penalty phase.

I am not familiar with this state's statutes and penal code but it seems to me that the state is getting it ducks in a row in order to prosecute to the fullest extent of the law. (DP is very possible) IMHO.

I'm gonna start a new thread. Be right back.

Salem

Has anyone else felt sorry for the Medical Examiner?

My Grandfather use to work in Chapel Hill with the ME. I never heard horror stories of children (I was young), but the others... The poor ME. I've prayed for them more than once today.

I don't normally watch NG (I find her rude and irritating), but I did last night. That was a question she had for Dr. Perper (sp). He said although he's done many, many examinations, it's always difficult when it's a child.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288