Baby on mother's lap catapulted 150ft through car windscreen at 80mph

They will live with that mistake for the rest of their lives.

I hope they will live with that "mistake" for the rest of their stupid lame lives sitting in prison.

This was no accident, this was homicide.
Lock them UP!

Yes, they will.

One of my good friends rode home from the delivery room in a laundry basket. We have come a long way with child/car safety since then. My prayers for this family.

I read that the baby was on it's mother's lap and wrapped in her seatbelt. She did this because the baby was crying. She probably believed that her seatbelt would protect the baby as well.

I read that the baby was on it's mother's lap and wrapped in her seatbelt. She did this because the baby was crying. She probably believed that her seatbelt would protect the baby as well.

I thought I read that the baby was belted until about 4 minutes before the accident, when the mother took her out of the car seat to feed her and a tire blew on the care.

Either way - it is heartbreaking.

The article said she was crying and they took her out to feed her.

Kids cry in car seats sometimes. You leave them in there because listening to them cry in their seat is preferable to never hearing their voice again.

I don't understand this, her death was so preventable.

Yes, this should be a warning to parents about what can happen.

IMO you don't need to take an eighteen-month-old out of the car seat to "feed him" or her. They can hold a bottle or food while in the seat.

More likely, the child got tired of being in the seat and was complaining to get out.

Evidently there's a six-month-old infant brother

The article said she was crying and they took her out to feed her.

Kids cry in car seats sometimes. You leave them in there because listening to them cry in their seat is preferable to never hearing their voice again.

I don't understand this, her death was so preventable.

Yes, this should be a warning to parents about what can happen.

IMO you don't need to take an eighteen-month-old out of the car seat to "feed him" or her. They can hold a bottle or food while in the seat.

More likely, the child got tired of being in the seat and was complaining to get out.

Evidently there's a six-month-old infant brother

Exactly! Or you pull over to feed them. What was this mother thinking?????:doh: That's exactly why kids must be in car seats. My parents didn't get that- they were saying,"Oh we'll buy you a car bed".

With a toddler and a baby they were probably exhausted. It's so easy to make horrible mistakes when you are tired. I feel so sad for little Angel and and her parents.

With a toddler and a baby they were probably exhausted. It's so easy to make horrible mistakes when you are tired. I feel so sad for little Angel and and her parents.

I agree, Kiki. Once after taking a 9-hour car trip (that should have been a 6-hour car trip if not for all the stopping) with a wailing infant, I snapped about 5 miles from the final destination, took him out of his carseat and attached him to my breast. It's certainly not the smartest thing I've ever done as a parent, but I definitely understand and have acted on the impulse. Thank God I didn't have to pay the price this family paid.

So Sad.

My hubby went through a windshield when he was 2. He had 400+ stitches in his head/face. This is awful. I couldn't even imagine. Esp today with the laws etc..

This is something the family will never get out of their minds!

I agree, Kiki. Once after taking a 9-hour car trip (that should have been a 6-hour car trip if not for all the stopping) with a wailing infant, I snapped about 5 miles from the final destination, took him out of his carseat and attached him to my breast. It's certainly not the smartest thing I've ever done as a parent, but I definitely understand and have acted on the impulse. Thank God I didn't have to pay the price this family paid.

That's exactly what I thought to SCM. I have done the same thing on a long car trip with a colicky infant who was starving. We drove slowly but I know it wasn't the smartest thing to do but I can understand how this tragic accident happened. I feel sorry for the family and that poor baby.

We had a case here not long ago where a child was riding on his mother's lap in a car and the driver lost control-the child was killed and the mother was charged

We had a case here not long ago where a child was riding on his mother's lap in a car and the driver lost control-the child was killed and the mother was charged

That's interesting. I know in some states, the driver can be charged in passengers in his car are not properly restrained.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bosie
Back