Physical Evidence

I remember when Greta did that show and the shoe was discovered....I was suprised that it had not been taken and examined for possible evidence...it does according to Capt. Rick Sutherland, have evidentuary value...a jury will ultmately have to sort through exactly what the shoe tells or doesn't tell.

Yes, They do sell them because I have bought several pairs and they came already fashioned like that.it is a pain to undo them too...and then later on I wanted to do them like that again and could never figure out how to do it sio I asked my daughter who was about 19 at the time to do it for me...she did it with no problem....

Many women with wide feet wear either men's athletic shoes, or men's boots so maybe they are Christinas.

The fact that the one shoe was just laying there by the garage door during Greta's tour makes you wonder why the CSI didn't take it in for analysis?

Maybe the investigative team has done a Luminol test on it already and it didn't test for blood so they just left it there???
It is so odd they didn't bag it and take it with blood or whatever it had on it. I was really confused at how it could be just laying outside and LE completely overlooked it! It made no sense because it was so obviously out of place on the stoop like that.

I wonder if they took the mate in the garage?

Yes, They do sell them because I have bought several pairs and they came already fashioned like that.it is a pain to undo them too...and then later on I wanted to do them like that again and could never figure out how to do it sio I asked my daughter who was about 19 at the time to do it for me...she did it with no problem....
Weird! I guess it for people who just slip them on and off.

Yea, It is weird.
Regarding the shoe's mate, I don't know if they took it or not. Even if they did take that one...you would think they would have taken both especially due to where they were found.......but we are on the outside looking in and we do not know what they know nor have we seen what they have seen...in reference to the shoes.

Did LE release the photos inside the garage where the shoe was seen...or were those taken by reporters?

SS, I have never known any man to have their shoelaces tied in that fashion...that is the way most laces are tied though when you buy them, I think. I would think they belonged to a girl rather than a guy. And just going by memory...I would speculate it belonged to Maria not Christina..Christina looks to be a larger frame than Maria and usually petite women have small feet.

I think it is hard to tell what CSL stature is because she is pregnant in the photos I have seen. If she is built like her sister looks on her myspace page then she is probably a very thin, petite woman when not pregnant.

I don't find Maria to be petite woman. She was sturdy built and in the soccer photos she seems to have a stocky, athletic build. Her legs have mass and it is obvious that she is the athletic type.

So it would not surprise me that the shoe was worn by Maria.

What I do wonder about though is CS is saying they have value but seems to think the Prosecutor may not use it. Is this because they know the defense will raise a ruckus on how this shoe was handled before the SW could be obtained and another odd thing about that entire ordeal it wasn't Laurean's lawyer crying foul .......it was Christina's. So........ maybe the shoe DOES belong to her.:waitasec:

imoo

Did LE release the photos inside the garage where the shoe was seen...or were those taken by reporters?

Those were crime scene photos that Captain Sutherland was showing Greta on his computer. No reporters were allowed to go inside the home.

imoo

I think it is hard to tell what CSL stature is because she is pregnant in the photos I have seen. If she is built like her sister looks on her myspace page then she is probably a very thin, petite woman when not pregnant.

I don't find Maria to be petite woman. She was sturdy built and in the soccer photos she seems to have a stocky, athletic build. Her legs have mass and it is obvious that she is the athletic type.

So it would not surprise me that the shoe was worn by Maria.

What I do wonder about though is CS is saying they have value but seems to think the Prosecutor may not use it. Is this because they know the defense will raise a ruckus on how this shoe was handled before the SW could be obtained and another odd thing about that entire ordeal it wasn't Laurean's lawyer crying foul .......it was Christina's. So........ maybe the shoe DOES belong to her.:waitasec:

imoo
I too could see a woman with wide feet, or a pregnant woman whose feet swell, wearing the mens sneakers. If the shoes weren't collected when CSI was processing the crime scene and only discovered after Greta/SB found them, then I can see a good attorney wanting them excluded as evidence at trial. For instance, even if they are Christinas, they could have gotten blood on them from just being in the garage not necessarily that she'd worn them while murdering Maria. The same could be said if the shoes belong to Cesar. MOO :)

It is so odd they didn't bag it and take it with blood or whatever it had on it. I was really confused at how it could be just laying outside and LE completely overlooked it! It made no sense because it was so obviously out of place on the stoop like that.

I can't see how it was overlooked either, and wonder if it wasn't put there afterward? I can't see the Laureans' small dog having carried it there though. It's just one of the many things that don't make much sense, imo.

My guess is SS that it wasn't overlooked, but like many other items inside and outside the garage the shoe inside the garage or the one outside showed didn't show any evidence that indicated to the investigative team to take them.

It seemed to me that all the items they took out of the garage must have been sprayed with Luminol prior to taking them outside and showed nothing as it was all placed back inside the garage. I am however curious as to what exactly they did take as evidence from inside the garage and the home.

I have just never seen a man do his laces that way before. Kinda odd.

Maybe not a man, but my teenage son and his friends do. I think they do this so they can just slip them on and off. Or they are just too lazy to tie their shoes.

Maybe not a man, but my teenage son and his friends do. I think they do this so they can just slip them on and off. Or they are just too lazy to tie their shoes.
Looking at the photo again, that's what I think happen ed. Someone just wanted to slip them on and off. Now is it Cesar, Christina or Maria? :)

Right or wrong...if u go with practical, you'd have to go with Maria..her being pregnant..she would surely want something she could just slip on and off, I would think.

Right or wrong...if u go with practical, you'd have to go with Maria..her being pregnant..she would surely want something she could just slip on and off, I would think.
Whomever they belong to, the LE knows. I personally don't think they're any big clue to the case, but that's just my thinking.

Oh yea..that we can be sure of and I agree..they don't seem to have a big bearing on the case..but we may all end up being suprised.

I could see her wearing them too, even if they are mens shoes since she was pregnant her feet probably swelled and they'd be more comfortable.

Whomever they belong to, the LE knows. I personally don't think they're any big clue to the case, but that's just my thinking.
I'll agree, especially with what the Capt. said about the prosecutor using them if they want to.

I think they are probably Maria's...they wouldn't be Christina's due to what the prosecutor said about them having evidentuart value..they don't think Christina was even involved...so my guess is they belonged to Maria...I don't recall reading anything in the autopsy report about her having shoes on...even if they had burned..u would still have something left that would identify them as shoes. So, the evidentuary value must be in the area that it was found in...was it close to the back door?

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PoignantEcho
Back