Japan: 9.0 Earthquake-Tsunami-Nuclear Reactor Developments #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd like to put in my vote for turning off all the other nuclear power plant's around the world.
Srsly. Let's just get rid of them all together.

I've had Anderson Cooper on this whole time (sound down so I could hear this stream) but so far I haven't seen or heard anything about the PM's press conference or any of this information that we've been listening to.
The reunion of Peter,Paul and Mary was a nice story.
ETA: In case anyone missed it, there is an American teacher named Paul and his parents Peter and Mary have been unable to locate him..until CNN found him and they reunited on TV.

I refuse to worry about us until the US government calls an emergency session.WE may not be supposed to know when that happens, but I can almost guarantee that we will hear about it. It'll leak, (Absolutely no pun intended.).

However my refusal to worry about us, does not extend to Japan. I am absolutely frantic for them.

I have a concrete downstairs / basement thing, my wireless works down there - it's all good. Are we really thinking about this?

Anderson just said, "new info, another fire in # 4"............

I have a concrete downstairs / basement thing, my wireless works down there - it's all good. Are we really thinking about this?

I'm in MI and I wrote down the iodine tincture instructions...what do you think? We aren't just thinking nad talking, we are planning. We might not be able to face it yet, but we are, well, preparing for the worst.

I am not worried about the US i'm worried for those in Japan........ I just don't know what they are supposed to do???

Where are they supposed to go to get away...??

Not really - I think. Now I'm stuck on going to Coyote Ugly!!! I've been by there at night and seen the girls up on the bar (they leave the door open). I could use a couple of hours of fun (and drinking!) lol

Personally I think it's premature to expect answers about what type of effects will occur in the U.S.

This I know, it will be monitored by the military. In Japan several military personnel will be wearing stick pins that measure the amount of exposure in a day and read each day. The air Force will be doing reconnaissance flights looking for radiation in the earths atmosphere.

Until we have contamination reports and readings confirming radiation approaching the U.S., I'm seeing it as speculation. I see no reason to fear the radiation occurring in Japan to mean we will be contaminated here in the U.S. Even their own evacuation is only 20-30 kilometers.

20 km = 12.4274 mi.
30 km = 18.6411 mi.

At 30 KM they expect radiation to be decreased to almost zero.
Dosen't mean it's true but only specific readings can tell the actual picture.
JMO
I agree that it's too soon to predict the outcome. But I still believe the public is due a statement from Washington stating exactly what you have just posted.

Hey, I'm thinking this: "it's time to consider what I would do if this gets crazy and radiation blows to our shores. Do I stay or do I go?"

I do have a lot of family in Nevada and they may have to scoot over if this issue becomes global. You bet I'll go over there.

Anderson questioning the truth of the government and/or the people running the plant. He's talking about the PM's statement now.

Personally I think it's premature to expect answers about what type of effects will occur in the U.S.

This I know, it will be monitored by the military. In Japan several military personnel will be wearing stick pins that measure the amount of exposure in a day and read each day. The air Force will be doing reconnaissance flights looking for radiation in the earths atmosphere.

Until we have contamination reports and readings confirming radiation approaching the U.S., I'm seeing it as speculation. I see no reason to fear the radiation occurring in Japan to mean we will be contaminated here in the U.S. Even their own evacuation is only 20-30 kilometers.

20 km = 12.4274 mi.
30 km = 18.6411 mi.

At 30 KM they expect radiation to be decreased to almost zero.
Dosen't mean it's true but only specific readings can tell the actual picture.
JMO

So right Pel, the monitoring has already begun...

SPOKANE, Wash. -- Though the odds of radioactive fallout from Japan hitting Washington are remote, the Department of Health is monitoring air quality levels across the state as the nuclear emergency continues unchecked at the Fukushima I Nuclear Power Plant in Japan.
http://www.kxly.com/news/27195593/detail.html

Why would he say these things if they weren't a concern?
dunno - but we aren't with Anderson and Gupta - what have they SEEN and heard in the past few days?

Hey, I'm thinking this: "it's time to consider what I would do if this gets crazy and radiation blows to our shores. Do I stay or do I go?"

I do have a lot of family in Nevada and they may have to scoot over if this issue becomes global. You bet I'll go over there.

LOL.....I have family in Nevada and was thinking I should tell them to come here!!!

What about a dome? Ok ok ok - I know - Stephen King fan here. But still - what about it? Wouldn't it contain it? Could we get one that big that quick? I know they have built biospheres - couldn't they put that plant under a dome?

Okay, now reports that #4 fire has been put out-- maybe by the explosion?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni