Expect Busy Hurricane Season

Shadow205

Reaction score
WASHINGTON (AP) -- Hurricane forecasters expect more tropical storms than normal this season, and "it just takes one to make it a bad year," says Conrad Lautenbacher, head of the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration.
National Weather Service forecasters said Tuesday they expect 13 to 17 tropical storms, with seven to 10 of them becoming hurricanes and three to five of them in the major category. NOAA is the parent agency of the weather service.

more at the link http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/storie...LOL-?SITE=FLSTU&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT

It's that time of year again.

WASHINGTON (AP) -- Hurricane forecasters expect more tropical storms than normal this season, and "it just takes one to make it a bad year," says Conrad Lautenbacher, head of the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration.
National Weather Service forecasters said Tuesday they expect 13 to 17 tropical storms, with seven to 10 of them becoming hurricanes and three to five of them in the major category. NOAA is the parent agency of the weather service.

more at the link http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/storie...LOL-?SITE=FLSTU&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT

It's that time of year again.

Just bought flood insurance after hearing this news... thanks for posting it.

Yes, and I doubt that many locations are prepared enough. I doubt that our country is prepared for another disaster. Look at what happened in Nebraska with the tornado. They found that half of the equipment they need (Nat. Guard) is in Iraq and won't be back anytime soon.

We are having our second worst drought ever,a tropical storm or mild Hurricane would be quite welcome right now--Lake Okeechobee is falling below 9 feet now--It should be at fourteen feet!

We are having our second worst drought ever,a tropical storm or mild Hurricane would be quite welcome right now--Lake Okeechobee is falling below 9 feet now--It should be at fourteen feet!

They said the same thing last year...
And if we did have a major caine its better the lake be lowere so as to not burst the side of it.

I don't remember.....did we get any warnings like this in 2004?!

I could care less about hurricane activity predicted months or weeks in advance of the actual arrival of ANY hurricanes. When they get in the gulf, that's when I need to start worrying.

I am so ready for a good couple day nice steady rain. I water my plants and the water rolls right off, doesn't even soak in.

I can't decide whether to spend $300 on a water bill trying to keep it all alive or let it all die and just spend $300 on more plants, grass, etc, lol.

I don't remember.....did we get any warnings like this in 2004?!

We did for last year and didn't get any hurricanes striking the US coastline.

I don't remember any forecasters telling us we will have less hurricanes than normal.

RR did you lose plants in the hurricane?

Poco...I'd go for the watering! Planting wears me out.

To all you in the path of hurricanes my best to you and I hope this season is a non event....except Poco and Peter Hamilton get plenty of water for the plants and Lakes.

I'd like to name some hurricanes!

Lindsey
Paris
Britney

I'd classify all the above as level 5 hurricane!

Peter I also meant to add that when they expect a surious caine to go near the lake they actually lower the water level.

:clap: :clap: :clap:
I could care less about hurricane activity predicted months or weeks in advance of the actual arrival of ANY hurricanes. When they get in the gulf, that's when I need to start worrying.

I cant even remember what they called for last year, but to read it, was scary--- our plywood has an inch of dust on it ( thank the good Lord ! )--- I agree Toby-- when it is off the coast by us...then we pay attention

I am so ready for a good couple day nice steady rain. I water my plants and the water rolls right off, doesn't even soak in.

I can't decide whether to spend $300 on a water bill trying to keep it all alive or let it all die and just spend $300 on more plants, grass, etc, lol.

i just got done watering mine too poco- put in 11 bushes and 2 new trees about 6 weeks ago- mu first bill was 150- but i think that was short of a week or so of watering :doh: ...I FINALLY got the landscaping to look right, and spent the money on the stuff--- the a bunch of money on pebble rock--- now the water bill----:eek:

I hear ya---- :bang:

They say it every year. In my mind the media WANTS it to be bad. They are like a kitten with yarn until the next big thing happens. Without some kind of destruction to yammer over for 10 days they aint happy. Hence the reason we get stories of bigger, badder, more storms.

Personally, mother nature will do what mother nature intends to do even if weather people and the media says otherwise.

That said, I'll ride them out unless it's a mandatory evacuation. Just like always. Got my hurricane kit stocked and the trunk of my car cleaned out ready for suitcases just in case. But due to my husbands work it will make for a close call even if it's mandatory..we can't leave until as close as 18-12 hours before hand.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Witchee
Back