Stranger abduction theory

Status
Not open for further replies.
what's important, to me, is the volunteer knew kyron was assigned to her group of kids - and at some point after she was assigned kyron - she noticed him missing and she reported kyron missing in a very timely manner - to a teacher.

bbm

exactly!

I can't help but think that a shy and possibly introverted little boy like Kyron would just be what a sick perverted predator is looking for. Kyron probably would not challenge any adult, he does not seem to be an outspoken child, like his little friend TP appears to be.

If a child molester was in the crowd that day, Kyron might easily catch his eye, a quiet little boy, fairly small for his age, possibly wandering a bit to look at the other projects, maybe not as aware of his surroundings as he might be in another setting.

Of course I don't know what happened but not a day goes by that we don't hear or read about another child molester. So many demented and dangerous men looking for little boys.

I've really let this case get to me, I admit it. I don't know why Kyron touches my heart even more than the other deserving children we are surrounded by on this site, but he does. I think about Desiree nearly as often. What a sad, sad situation. I try to imagine a happy ending, but I can't.

Even if by some miracle Kyron comes home, I wonder if he would ever be able to overcome his fears and go to school again? Still, I hope he gets that chance and if necessary, that Desiree or Kaine would get themselves certified and home school him. I'm rambling...:(

Thanks to those who gave me feedback on my gang theory. It's what makes WS cool, that we can all contribute to either firm up or discount multiple theories.

I thought it an idea worth contemplating, just as some have thought maybe someone found out about Kyron through TH's internet social networking, I also wonder if KH had any enemies from work or something. Most likely, it is just a random sex offender, but I hope LE is looking into all family possible enemies, even in the family is unaware, like Tony's very clear issue.

Here is a way a predator may have had foreknowledge of the school's layout and routines:

Dear Skyline School Community and Neighbors:

Many of you are aware that on May 2, 2010, more than 125 volunteers from Sunset Presbyterian spent the day at Skyline School doing inside and outside projects. With the help of several Skyline parents, students and neighbors the amount of work that was done that day was truly amazing. In a continuing effort to support our school and complete the work started on May 2nd, Sunset Presbyterian volunteers will be returning on Sunday, August 29th for “Skyline Service Day”. Here are some of the projects that we will be doing:

* Finish painting exterior metal handrails.
* Finish painting trim in two classrooms.
* Paint one wall in the library.
* Clean out and reorganize “volunteer” room and “locker rooms” in basement of school.
* Landscaping around the school.
* Track maintenance

This will be our 10th and final year as Skyline parents and we are thrilled to partner with Sunset Presbyterian church for Skyline Service Day. This has been a difficult last few months for our Skyline staff and families, and we want to make sure that our school looks especially great when our kids return to class in September. As the project leaders we are seeking additional volunteers for the day from the Skyline community. In addition, we are looking for donations of water and snacks that we can provide to the volunteers during the day. If you are unable to volunteer we are also seeking monetary donations to help fund the purchase of supplies (paint, equipment, bark dust, etc.) needed for the day.

If you can help out in any capacity please contact us at maggieschweinfurth@comcast.net. Thanks so much!

Maggie and Bill Schweinfurth

http://srnpdx.org/current_newsline

HUGE props to gliving for all the research she's been doing on school policies, procedures, activities, etc etc etc. Excellent work, gliving. Thank you so much! :blowkiss:

Posting for reference regarding Kyron and going off with adults. There's more in the video, but this is all I've transcribed.

June 25 KGW Full Raw Interview -5:05

Kaine: We've had some concerns...

Desiree: Yeah.

Kaine: ...along with his teacher around listening to instructions from adults while at school.

So we've been working with him to try to understand that we need to work with the faculty there, the parents there, the volunteers there to make sure that when they give him instructions he's following those.

He normally does a very good job at doing that. Just occasionally we get a little bit of that behavior so we've really reinforced with him that if you're at school and you're working with a parent or a teacher, you need to follow their instructions.

So in that particular environment he would be expected to follow the instructions of an adult...

Kaine: ...at school. Outside of school he's very well versed in the stranger danger and everything else, but in that one particular setting that's the type of behavior that's been reinforced through all of us.

Note: Desiree nods affirmatively throughout this whole thing.

http://www.kgw.com/video/featured-videos/Raw-Kyrons-parents-full-interview-97177194.html

I'm gonna be honest and it may sound clueless and well, he!! I am clueless as to what is being said here in this portion of the interview. I thought@first its because its almost 5a.m. here and I've not slept but 2hrs in the last 48hrs, but then again I know the other day when I came across this being discussed that I really didn't get the gist of it then, either.. :waitasec:

So, to anyone who has a moment to spare and wouldn't mind giving me the "version for dummies" I would be so very happy and appreciative of whomever that kind soul may be... TIA

And to clarify what I'm not understanding is what is this hem hawing and beating around the bush about "this certain behaviour in this particular enviroment that was supposedly numerous times reinforced" per Kaine with DY bobbing her head in continual agreement of Kaine's every word.. What is IT that Kyron was disobeying or refusing to follow their direction and WHO was Kyron having this problem with? .. Or do we have no clue and everyone is as I am totally clueless as to what this coded convo was speaking about? .. I find that not likely because some ppl are finding this interview to be of some value or something of the sort, so therefor I must be correct in my initial assessment of the situation that I am clueless to what others know of the significance and possible importance of what is being said here...

Again TIA to anyone who can shed a little light this way :)

I'm gonna be honest and it may sound clueless and well, he!! I am clueless as to what is being said here in this portion of the interview. I thought@first its because its almost 5a.m. here and I've not slept but 2hrs in the last 48hrs, but then again I know the other day when I came across this being discussed that I really didn't get the gist of it then, either.. :waitasec:

So, to anyone who has a moment to spare and wouldn't mind giving me the "version for dummies" I would be so very happy and appreciative of whomever that kind soul may be... TIA

And to clarify what I'm not understanding is what is this hem hawing and beating around the bush about "this certain behaviour in this particular enviroment that was supposedly numerous times reinforced" per Kaine with DY bobbing her head in continual agreement of Kaine's every word.. What is IT that Kyron was disobeying or refusing to follow their direction and WHO was Kyron having this problem with? .. Or do we have no clue and everyone is as I am totally clueless as to what this coded convo was speaking about? .. I find that not likely because some ppl are finding this interview to be of some value or something of the sort, so therefor I must be correct in my initial assessment of the situation that I am clueless to what others know of the significance and possible importance of what is being said here...

Again TIA to anyone who can shed a little light this way :)

Nutshell version: Like every other schoolkid in the world, Kyron was being taught by his parents to mind his teacher and other authority figures at school.

Have you seen this.I thought this was interesting.I'll post this again.

http://www.oregonlive.com/beaverton...ual_assault_at_fanno_creek_park.html#comments

snipped

BEAVERTON -- Police today released a composite sketch of a suspect in a sexual assault case against a 13-year-old boy in Fanno Creek Park Monday afternoon.

At about 2:35 p.m. Monday, police received a report that while the boy was picking blackberries in the park, he was approached by a 50- to 60-year-old man and sexually assaulted about 150 yards south of Denney Road, said Pam Yazzolino, Beaverton police
spokeswoman. Police Tuesday had said the assault occurred in Greenway Park, but today corrected the location to Fanno Creek Park

He looks familiar to me.

Looks familiar to me also Ms Suzanne - Have to admit that in most cases we pull up a gazillion sex offenders so he may look like one I've seen before. Maybe a pic like his showed up in the Lindsey B. case. I can't remember. moo

He reminds me of someone, too, and it could turn out to be an unfortunate similarity. Eek!! Mods, I'm not implying anything at all about anyone, but the similarities, both described in the article and in the composite are a little...eek inducing.

Here's a plausible situation which accounts for some of the more difficult aspects of the case.

Kyron waves to TH, and says "see ya, Mom." Walks down the hallway, to his classroom. Goes into a group so he can "tour" the science fair. He's going along, looking at things, and realizes he has to pee. Asks teacher for permission, goes to the bathroom, and meets the perp there.

The perp says "hey, I was just looking for you. I need a good strong helper right now, to bring something to my car, and your teacher said to get you." Kyron, who has been disciplined in the past for NOT listening to directions from adults and teachers, thinks "wow, I'd better help. Teacher said to, and Mom and Dad will be mad if I don't."

Off Kyron goes to "help" the perp...out to the perp's car, and disappears. His classmate notices he's gone, says something to the teacher/sub/chaperone, and they respond with "yes, he's in the bathroom. He'll be along shortly." Class gets started, and no one realizes he's missing. Teacher drops the ball for whatever reason, and voila, Kyron is with the stranger for hours before he's noted as gone.

And the trail is cold.

To me, that's about as simple and easy as it gets. Since we don't know where he was taken from, and we do know kids get snatched from inside school (no matter how rare it is...), this could easily be how it happened. And there are cases where just this sort of thing has happened...

Best-
Herding Cats

Yes, this sounds plausible, IMO. And yet, what I do not understand is this : T,the child who first related the whole conversation about the teacher saying Kyron was in the bathroom, or went to get a drink of water , was actually Kyron's deskmate,not just a classmate. It seems quite hard to believe that after about,say,an hour had passed, that T didn't notice that Kyron was STILL not beside him at their desks. Hard to believe he wouldn't relay this information to Ms.Porter... T sounds like a very forthright little boy ; it just doesn't add up, IMO

All JMO

Yes, this sounds plausible, IMO. And yet, what I do not understand is this : T,the child who first related the whole conversation about the teacher saying Kyron was in the bathroom, or went to get a drink of water , was actually Kyron's deskmate,not just a classmate. It seems quite hard to believe that after about,say,an hour had passed, that T didn't notice that Kyron was STILL not beside him at their desks. Hard to believe he wouldn't relay this information to Ms.Porter... T sounds like a very forthright little boy ; it just doesn't add up, IMO

All JMO

Do you think that the other 5 children that were in the group that Kyron was supposed to be in, also told LE that kyron started out in their group, and was missing when they got back to class? Do you think the Chaperon also told LE that Kyron started out in her group, but was missing when they got back to class? Do you think there were other children in the class, that also heard the alarm from the chaperon, to the teacher, that Kyron was missing? Or was TP the only child in that room that heard this? If LE interviewed all the children in Kyron's class, the teacher, and the chaperon, and all of them verified what TP said about what happened in class, do you think LE would have said that they thought Terry was the last known person that saw Kyron that morning in the school? Or do people think that LE has some vendetta to crucify Terry and have ignored any other possible thing that could of happened that morning, other than Terry leaving that school with Kyron? I'm just bouncing off your quote, not directing this at you. This is all MIO.

Do you think that the other 5 children that were in the group that Kyron was supposed to be in, also told LE that kyron started out in their group, and was missing when they got back to class? Do you think the Chaperon also told LE that Kyron started out in her group, but was missing when they got back to class? Do you think there were other children in the class, that also heard the alarm from the chaperon, to the teacher, that Kyron was missing? Or was TP the only child in that room that heard this? If LE interviewed all the children in Kyron's class, the teacher, and the chaperon, and all of them verified what TP said about what happened in class, do you think LE would have said that they thought Terry was the last known person that saw Kyron that morning in the school? Or do people think that LE has some vendetta to crucify Terry and have ignored any other possible thing that could of happened that morning, other than Terry leaving that school with Kyron? I'm just bouncing off your quote, not directing this at you. This is all MIO.

Good to know you're not "directing this " at me lol.... You raise the same questions I've been mulling over since TP gave the interview. And, if not for T's grandmother, we wouldn't even know this much... I have posted before,and stated that I thought that the information you are speculating about regarding the other kids etc,. is being held back by LE and the School District. Not necessarily for any sinister reasons, but because of protecting the inner workings of the investigation on LE's part, and for protocol reasons on the School Dstrict's part. There is surely much that is not being revealed about this episode.

In spite of realizing that,though, I can't help but feel concerned for those children about to begin another school year. Let's hope they will be safe.

All JMO.

Looks familiar to me also Ms Suzanne - Have to admit that in most cases we pull up a gazillion sex offenders so he may look like one I've seen before. Maybe a pic like his showed up in the Lindsey B. case. I can't remember. moo

Could he be 64?

SBM/BBM
So we've been working with him to try to understand that we need to work with the faculty there, the parents there, the volunteers there to make sure that when they give him instructions he's following those.

He normally does a very good job at doing that. Just occasionally we get a little bit of that behavior so we've really reinforced with him that if you're at school and you're working with a parent or a teacher, you need to follow their instructions.

So in that particular environment he would be expected to follow the instructions of an adult...

http://www.kgw.com/video/featured-videos/Raw-Kyrons-parents-full-interview-97177194.html

Here's a plausible situation which accounts for some of the more difficult aspects of the case.

Kyron waves to TH, and says "see ya, Mom." Walks down the hallway, to his classroom. Goes into a group so he can "tour" the science fair. He's going along, looking at things, and realizes he has to pee. Asks teacher for permission, goes to the bathroom, and meets the perp there.

The perp says "hey, I was just looking for you. I need a good strong helper right now, to bring something to my car, and your teacher said to get you." Kyron, who has been disciplined in the past for NOT listening to directions from adults and teachers, thinks "wow, I'd better help. Teacher said to, and Mom and Dad will be mad if I don't."...

...“Skyline Service Day”. Here are some of the projects that we will be doing:
* Clean out and reorganize “volunteer” room and “locker rooms” in basement of school...

Someone posted awhile back that there were stairs going down into the basement, or bottom floor and there was an outside exit from that area also...

Chills!

I think stranger abduction is possible but unlikely. Possible because Kyron wasn't seen leaving at all.
We all want to believe kids won't walk off with strangers but the sad fact is they do,time and again. :(
They're so vulnerable,they instinctively obey adults.

I don't personally feel that's what happened though,just citing why I think it's possible in general.

I think stranger abduction is possible but unlikely. Possible because Kyron wasn't seen leaving at all.
We all want to believe kids won't walk off with strangers but the sad fact is they do,time and again. :(
They're so vulnerable,they instinctively obey adults.

I don't personally feel that's what happened though,just citing why I think it's possible in general.

ITA. That, and with that guy mowing the soccer field, and the chaoticness of the day, it's just too much. A stranger who didn't know the school wouldn't chance trying to take a kid out of it with so much going on. Even someone who knew the school probably wouldn't take that risk with all that was going on. Way too many witnesses to see them leaving with Kyron. It would have to be the luckiest predator of all time to successfully get Kyron out of that school.

The only way I can see Kyron going missing from that school is with his stepmother's help. No one would blink an eye with her or even Dede or someone else Kyron would be familiar with walking out of the school with him or meeting him somewhere outside the school. Someone would remember a stranger taking him or meeting up with him.

ITA. That, and with that guy mowing the soccer field, and the chaoticness of the day, it's just too much. A stranger who didn't know the school wouldn't chance trying to take a kid out of it with so much going on. Even someone who knew the school probably wouldn't take that risk with all that was going on. Way too many witnesses to see them leaving with Kyron. It would have to be the luckiest predator of all time to successfully get Kyron out of that school.

The only way I can see Kyron going missing from that school is with his stepmother's help. No one would blink an eye with her or even Dede or someone else Kyron would be familiar with walking out of the school with him or meeting him somewhere outside the school. Someone would remember a stranger taking him or meeting up with him.

DeDe would be a stranger at the school. So would someone else Kyron would be familiar with, who wasn't also associated with the school.

Herding Cats came up with a very plausible and frightening scenario.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member