NY-LI 10 bodies found on Beach-Poss. SrlKlr-12/10-4 id'd; more found 3/11 #8

Status
Not open for further replies.
this guy is a pretty good painter...check out his work...lot's of nudes and a couple of skull paintings...

I would like to know more about this guy...10 skulls...ghosts in the water...what is the signifigance?

this guy is a pretty good painter...check out his work...lot's of nudes and a couple of skull paintings...

I would like to know more about this guy...10 skulls...ghosts in the water...what is the signifigance?

The other murals in the tunnel are of surfers, vw buses, happy sappy 70's crap. Then we have the ocean death vault mural. It's just...weird.

But then, I think nearly everything about Oak Beach is weird. I'm telling you, there are spooky little children crouched in the sea grass out there, and they're about to steal your woman, Outlander. :floorlaugh:

The other murals in the tunnel are of surfers, vw buses, happy sappy 70's crap. Then we have the ocean death vault mural. It's just...weird.

But then, I think nearly everything about Oak Beach is weird. I'm telling you, there are spooky little children crouched in the sea grass out there, and they're about to steal your woman, Outlander. :floorlaugh:

One of the things I read said that the mural was painted to bring attention to ocean pollution. So it kind of makes sense.

One of the things I read said that the mural was painted to bring attention to ocean pollution. So it kind of makes sense.

I totally agree. Nothing ruins a beautiful beach experience like wading into the water and stepping on a human skull. :crazy:

all we need is some little burlap sacks in there....hey...waitasecond... those ghosts look a little burlap sackie don't they??????

all we need is some little burlap sacks in there....hey...waitasecond... those ghosts look a little burlap sackie don't they??????

That mural is totally bizarre !!! Where I live any public art has to be approved by the governing power - city or county.

I wonder if the artist is local to the area and if the skulls and dead body/body parts {as I see a forearm w/ attached hand in the water} is the lore of the land for Gilgo Beach?

It would be most unlikely I would think for this artist to be associated w/ the SK or know of his work, eh? That would just be above the top to me.

Almost sounds like the town of Babylon inadvertently invited people to dump bodies along Oak Beach Parkway.

The Tombstones of Oak Beach

Since the 1990s, the town of Babylon has been dumping grave markers into the waters off of Oak Beach. The stones act as jetties, helping to prevent erosion of the beach. The stones are defective and were never used as markers for actual graves due to flaws or misprints. As jetties, the stones have a purpose and aren't just wasted. As of this writing there are more than 800 gravestones in the water of Great South Bay. The stones span from Oak Beach to Venetian Shores Park on the opposite shore (more than 3 and a half miles), passing by Oak Island and Grass Island.
Article link

He used to live in Copiague. I have a few friends that know him.

And now for some more Gilgo-Oak Beach weirdness:

http://yfrog.com/gz21ekkj

According to this site http://www.bragino.com/archives/date/2007/07 the skull mural was completed in 2007.

P.S. I'll save you the trouble of counting the skulls...there are 10.

Nice find!!!!!! Now we are getting somewhere.......it's little things like this that could lead the investigation in the right direction. It could be a fan of the artist, or inspired at least. And 2007 is when it went on display. Fits to the GB4 series. Anyone know what month the project started? I read thru the article but found on start month.....

I'm a new poster today. Living in Babylon Village, NY I am extremely interested in this investigation. I went to school with Anna Brewer (JB's) sister. She's on my FB. I get chills regarding him. It is impossible for me to believe he's not somehow involved, or knows something. The sister belongs to some Witch psychic group as well. All too strange for me.

Welcome Mary! Thanks for the info. Wow, interesting. A while back someone posted a FB page that had this long conversation between a bunch of people. Someone, who may have been JB's sister was actually calling other people "witch(es)".Did she change her name or does JB have 2 sister's? I will try to find that link.

Hi Mountain Kat,

That mural blows my mind.:crazy: YOU MK are hilarious!:applause:

seriously...10 HUMAN SKULLS in the water....and little burlapish spirits.....

What does it mean...????? someone get this dude on the horn....

I'm a new poster today. Living in Babylon Village, NY I am extremely interested in this investigation. I went to school with Anna Brewer (JB's) sister. She's on my FB. I get chills regarding him. It is impossible for me to believe he's not somehow involved, or knows something. The sister belongs to some Witch psychic group as well. All too strange for me.

I'm also in Babylon Village. It seems this is the talk of the town , I hear people talking about this everywhere I go.

HAHA yes, well I know from experience that the barrier beaches in the off season can inspire loneliness akin to the film "the shining" and it has a lawless feeling out there. It's definately ready for a good thriller or horror movie to be set there.

So, which one of you went over to the website of the guy that painted the 10-skull mural of Gilgo Beach? :rocker: "Amanda" asked him about the significance, and he basically told her it was not connected, but that he was doing it with other artist and that there was "....a surf contest each year and money was raised that went to save multiple children's lives that live in 3rd world countries with a curable heart disease.". Wow. Not sure what to make of that. It just stuck out to me because the profile of the Atlantic City SK included words about his hobbies being "art and photography", and being pretty arrogant and full of himself. You can read the blog here:

http://www.bragino.com/archives/224/comment-page-1#comment-25161

and the profile of the Atlantic City SK here:
http://www.stalkinc.com/profile2.htm

So, which one of you went over to the website of the guy that painted the 10-skull mural of Gilgo Beach? :rocker: "Amanda" asked him about the significance, and he basically told her it was not connected, but that he was doing it with other artist and that there was "....a surf contest each year and money was raised that went to save multiple children's lives that live in 3rd world countries with a curable heart disease.". Wow. Not sure what to make of that. It just stuck out to me because the profile of the Atlantic City SK included words about his hobbies being "art and photography", and being pretty arrogant and full of himself. You can read the blog here:

http://www.bragino.com/archives/224/comment-page-1#comment-25161

and the profile of the Atlantic City SK here:
http://www.stalkinc.com/profile2.htm

Boy he seems real "touchy" about the connection/question. He could have handled it a little better like Osacr Wilde." Life imitates art far more than art imitates Life".

If it's a live interview, the media can not control what a person says. But they do have a responsibility to qualify when someone says something as damaging like mentioning a name. They absolutely have to try and verify the information..People call reporters all the time with information, and you just don't print it because someone says it. You have to check it out, becuase the first rule is..is is true?
It does not mean that what was said during that segment was not true. It means no one would confirm the information. But no reporter worth their salt would pull a segment becuase they did not want to hurt the investigation. They may on occasion hold back info if asked by LE, but that's a whole different thing. I did not hear the interview and I don't know who conducted it. But somewhere in the chain of command, someone realized there was a huge liability issue , not to mention poor journalism, if they allowed future repeats of the information.

Maybe someone threatened to sue?

I totally agree. Nothing ruins a beautiful beach experience like wading into the water and stepping on a human skull. :crazy:
Hi, I dare say this might be the 'post of the year' for this case. Unbelievable, eh?

What do you think LE thinks of this considering their total finds off OP? I'd love to know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288