Anthony's Computer Forensics

I taped this from today's show on HLN. 11/27/12

Computer Forensics - YouTube

Thanks for the link BChand. I think that Tony Pipitone did a good job explaining why Jose's claim that the prosecution purposely buried the "Fool Proof Suffocation" search because it would "destroy" their timeline doesn't add up. They could easily say that George was mistaken on which day KC left at 12:30pm. After all more than a month had passed so that's not surprising to me.

I don't think that the fact that George was wrong about seeing KC leave the house damages his credibility very much or at all in my opinion. This information goes a lot further to disprove JB's drowning story than anything else so I think that his claim that the prosecution "buried" it is ridicules.

I don't think she ever left. I've always been under the belief George was mis-remembering the events from 30 days prior and was likely remembering a prior day (I think the sleuths looking at that we feeling the prior Friday was the likely date).

Think of it this way. If Casey did not leave the house on June 16, the day would be rather unremarkable in George's eyes. On top of that, Casey was already telling everyone that she dropped Caylee off with ZFG, who subsequently kidnapped her. So Casey was essentially steering George to remember a day about a month prior when Casey and Caylee left the house.

I agree.
I don't think she left the house early in the day...only after 4pm when we see the cell phone pinging as she drives towards TL's house.

She was glued to the computer that day with only 3 breaks and the 11:59 to 1:39pm break can be attributed to having to prepare lunch, feed Caylee, herself,clean up..diaper change maybe...

Thanks, I'm behind obviously. Do we know whether those timestamps are calibrated to the actual time?

I believe the program JWG used rendered the correct timestamps, while the program used by Jose's analyst rendered the incorrect timestamp. I understand the program used by Jose's analyst was an older version of the program used by JWG. So, yes these are believed to be the correct timestamps.

From the article:
While I am not going to re-hash the computer forensics, nor will I get into a debate with other people who have examined the evidence after the trial, I will say that I verified the time stamps based on the evidence I had, which was the forensic images of the Anthony's computers, all of the OCSO computer forensic reports and supplemental or derivative data and I am confident in my analysis.

This says a lot..that the defenses expert will not debate anyone who has examined the evidence. Maybe he is not so confident with his work. Was it not said on the show that they used an old program at the time to extract info from the computer? That program has now been updated and it shows the same time as your examination of the computer.

The key words in that paragraph, imo, "based on the evidence I was given"...He was confident on his analysis based on what Baez gave him.

What about the software program he was using? I don't see him mention that he verified that it was the most up to date version.

what irritates me about that, even if your results were incorrect and the one hour off timestamp is correct, which I know is not true, it's STILL clear it was casey anthony and not george anthony who conducted the search based on the activity surrounding it especially when you know the cell records too, and the only reason to think OCA was not at home at that time was because GA said she was not 32 days later? please.

BBM
Spot on!

Thank you JWG and AZlawyer for all the work you have done after the case was over. I and many others appreciate it. It sure seals the deal for me.

Regarding JB's expert: It would have gone a long way for him to say "I am sorry". "I did the best I could with what I had at the time", rather than take the route that he did. I am sorry you had to deal with that.

Thanks again for going above and beyond.

If you're missing a post from this thread, I just moved a half-dozen that were veering into 'theories' space over to the Theories #9 thread [ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=191326"]here.[/ame]

Carry on.

Azlawyer and JWG, I want to thank and support your search for truth. As I read here and listened to the radio program, I am left with a desire to see the data on the time stamp myself. Would you be willing to share the raw data for the record of the search or at least the time fields? I believe it would be fields 84 and 85. I think since you used two different programs and got two different results, the usual protocol might be to use a 3rd program to translate it. In the absence of a third, we can convert the time code into real date and time. But to do that I would need to know the figures in fields 85 and 85. Thanks again.

ETA: I realize you ran the data through updated software too but couldn't save your results so I thought this final check of the calculated time stamp would be another way to prove the time.

The raw data files have now been posted in a "sticky" at the top of the forum.

If you're missing a post from this thread, I just moved a half-dozen that were veering into 'theories' space over to the Theories #9 thread here.

Carry on.

I also move a couple over to the Sidebar thread, so check there too.

This is a very important topical thread. Please help us by keeping the discussion on this thread limited to the Computer Forensics topic.

:tyou:

I thought Cindy knew too. How do you know this?
Lots and lots of docs. lol
Cindy suspected that Casey was coming back to the house. Heck, her groceries were disappearing.

ETA: this is connected to the discussion of the searches found and an explanation as to why it appears that some of the searches supposedly appeared AFTER Casey had left the house.

Whichever member of the defense team recently said that the June 16 AIM/FB/MS activity couldn't have been Casey because there was similar activity on June 17 when Casey "was no longer at the house" might want to double-check some of the evidence. I show (using JWG's times from the more current computer forensic software) Casey-like activity on the home computer 3:14-3:27 pm. Cell phone pings show Casey in the area of the Anthony home from about 2:30 pm until after 4 pm that day. (Note that the cell pings wouldn't match up with the computer activity if we used JB's time stamps (one hour earlier).) Activity on the desktop and Casey's laptop computers were both high at this time, as though files were being transferred from one to the other, and the Caylee nursing home videos in particular were transferred to the laptop at 3:28 pm--just after "whoever" had finished checking Facebook, MySpace, etc.

So, Defense Team Member whose name I forget, I think it's pretty obvious that the June 17 activity was Casey as well.

The raw data files have now been posted in a "sticky" at the top of the forum.

Thank you both. It appears though, that the raw data files are only partial. For example, the owner account is missing the fool-proof search. I only find shot girls searches. Have a good night.

Thank you both. It appears though, that the raw data files are only partial. For example, the owner account is missing the fool-proof search. I only find shot girls searches. Have a good night.

Look at line 215. It' there.

I just checked access to the "history1 (password protected owner account).dat" file via both the link I provided as well as direct access to the file in my public dropbox folder (which is where it is located), and I see the search there in the raw data. I opened up my Mac Textedit app, did a search for "fool", and it showed right up.

Here is a screen capture of the relevant part of the file.

Attachments

• foolproof.jpg
    foolproof.jpg
    180.2 KB · Views: 85

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members