Breaking news in the LISK case

Status
Not open for further replies.
This was a very inappropriate response to a comment re: the meaning of the necklace.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/...ingtown_n_2531516.html#conversation/224399713

aasstro1018
1 Fan
In reply to: sadiemae1214
My son collects pigs. He gets them in the bars on weekends
Reply Fave Share 23 Jan 4:51 PM Flag

Also, the necklace may have been purchased in 2007 (another year of the pig.) The killer might be the person of Asian or Indian decent. Sadly, the killer may just feel that that the victim is/was a pig. And the necklace may be a calling card. We have all speculated that he may have a fair bit of money & free time to buy drugs and procure dates as well as be out at all hours of the day and night.

Thank you so much, Z.

One more question for you...would you say someone had to have been pretty bold to take the time to bury a victim in this location (rather than simply dump)? Or would you say this is an ideal location for something like that? In terms of traffic, lighting, neighboring houses, etc.

I just had another thought, and I'm not sure if it's relevant to this case, but I'll share it with the board anyhow. About 10 years ago a local plumber visited my home to quote a job. He started talking about how he had a police scanner and knew about several dead bodies of women that were dumped in the marshy areas of Lattingtown. These were not local women, but women killed elsewhere and dumped here. I wasn't sure what his motivation was for telling me this - maybe he was trying to scare me, or make me think that this bucolic neighborhood had a dark side. At the time I just dismissed it since he came off as a bit of a jerk. I haven't thought about what he said in years, but now with this story in the news it triggered that memory...

I just had another thought, and I'm not sure if it's relevant to this case, but I'll share it with the board anyhow. About 10 years ago a local plumber visited my home to quote a job. He started talking about how he had a police scanner and knew about several dead bodies of women that were dumped in the marshy areas of Lattingtown. These were not local women, but women killed elsewhere and dumped here. I wasn't sure what his motivation was for telling me this - maybe he was trying to scare me, or make me think that this bucolic neighborhood had a dark side. At the time I just dismissed it since he came off as a bit of a jerk. I haven't thought about what he said in years, but now with this story in the news it triggered that memory...

Was this an independent plumber? Do you remember his name or the company he worked for? If so, it wouldn't hurt if you did some sleuthing on this plumber. If you come up with any seeming connections, you could share them here as long as you don't mention names. Unless of course he's already been mentioned in MSM.

Oh and thanks I learned a new word today! Bucolic...
[ame="http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&redir_esc=&client=ms-android-americamovil-us&source=android-browser-type&v=134000000&qsubts=1359333813529&q=bucolic&v=134000000"]bucolic - Google Search[/ame]
: ))

Hummmm....9-10+ years ago was Manorville and Jessica Taylor.

This was a very inappropriate response to a comment re: the meaning of the necklace.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/...ingtown_n_2531516.html#conversation/224399713

aasstro1018
1 Fan
In reply to: sadiemae1214
My son collects pigs. He gets them in the bars on weekends
Reply Fave Share 23 Jan 4:51 PM Flag

Also, the necklace may have been purchased in 2007 (another year of the pig.) The killer might be the person of Asian or Indian decent. Sadly, the killer may just feel that that the victim is/was a pig. And the necklace may be a calling card. We have all speculated that he may have a fair bit of money & free time to buy drugs and procure dates as well as be out at all hours of the day and night.

That comment is so inappropriate. Shame on them! I recently read a post at LISK.com

The insensitive poster kristinsaysso something like, " I think I found a picture of SG, the night she was at Brewers house." and included this link.

http://cdn.walltowatch.com/files/0/0/0/3/00039589.jpg

It is a photo of a padlock and many keys surrounding it.

IMO This poster was suggesting that SG got a train ran on her that night.

WTF is wrong with people. Do they think that by putting others down, somehow that makes them better?

It only makes them look like insensitive, uncaring, ignorant a@#holes!

I wouldn't have brought it up, except for the fact that it made me wonder who this person spewing venom is and IF they know more than we do?

Notice there are MANY keys waiting to insert themselves into the lock.
As far as we are aware there was one (maybe two) (the drifter) there that night.

Maybe I'm reading too much into it, it just seems like this poster was hinting that there were many men there that night.

Am I reading to much into a sick, insensitive comment?

Your not reading to much into it. Thats what I thought also. The term drifter never would have come up if noone else was there that night.

Yes, I would say it's a bold move to bury a body here without someone noticing. I think the person that chose this location had to have some knowledge of the area. I don't know exactly where the bag containing the body was found, but there is an adjacent public parking lot to the right of Sheep Lane at the end. You can see it on Google Maps. Sheep Lane doesn't connect to that parking lot via a roadway, although you can walk to it. Police patrol that parking lot frequently at night. The same way you enter is the same way you get out. My feeling is this person is a risk-taker since I don't consider this location ideal for foul play. There are no major highways to disappear on to, and the neighborhood is very hard to navigate at night if you're not familiar with it. Since Sandy, West Shore Road has been closed, leaving only one way out of the general area. Apart from that, I'm also getting the feeling that the pig necklace is a ruse, although I have no information to back that up. It's just a gut feeling.

One thing I've learned is that Indian gold looks very different from the gold we are used to here in the states. It is a MUCH darker color, and appears to be much softer. Ever see something that is painted with gold paint? It looks alot like that. If the killer intentionally left the necklace, he probably thought it was cheap jewelry, imo.

Now that fact that we are looking at a necklace that is made of Indian gold doesn't neccesarily mean our victim is Indian or Asian, or that she was born in the year of the pig. There are a number of possibilities. Perhaps she was white and the necklace was a gift from someone of Asian or Indian descent. Perhaps she's a pig collector, or perhaps the necklace even belongs to her killer, and was lost while he was bagging the remains or digging the hole (I'm not clear if the necklace was found in the bag or out of the bag). What I don't believe is that the killer placed this necklace with the remains as some sort of "calling card". JMO

Anyway, I have a few more questions for you (sorry to be a pest). Do you know the name of the nearby horse farm? Do you know of any strip clubs in this immediate area? And do you recall any actual news accounts of other bodies being discovered in this area (as the plumber stated)?

Your not reading to much into it. Thats what I thought also. The term drifter never would have come up if noone else was there that night.
Question for anyone in the know: Would a "train" be worth $900, $1000 or even $1500? Perhaps that was the "arrangement" being proposed. Thus, no camera to protect the clients' identities?

How long would it take to travel from Happauge to Lattingtown, for instance?

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=distance+from+happauge+to+lattingtown

43 minutes, don't know if that qualifies as close or not. But the main reason I put up that lmgtfy wasn't to be sarcastic but because of the list the link provides; Bethpage (Le Cafe), North Bellmore (Billy Dean's Showtime Cafe), Locust Valley (Blink Entertainment), Commack (Blush), Huntington (Tender Trap) - I'd say those are all in the "general area".

When I searched "Lattingtown meetups," 90% of the listings came up for Locust Valley...and when I just searched "Lattingtown," the same was true...almost all the listings were for Locust Valley.

How long would it take to travel from Happauge to Lattingtown, for instance?

Also, don't forget - although someone like JD (for instance) had a corporate hq that was a moderate distance away (Happauge), he also lived practically on top of Lattingtown. Just sayin'.

When I searched "Lattingtown meetups," 90% of the listings came up for Locust Valley...and when I just searched "Lattingtown," the same was true...almost all the listings wer for Locust Valley.

Unfortunately, that "strip club" listed in Locust Valley (Blink Entertainment) seems to actually be just some entertainment promotion company and, judging by the looks of it, a shell company at that.

https://maps.google.com/maps?q=480+...+11560&t=h&z=17&panoid=5IzYcIAxVy-abuRWrSzQyw

You forgot GOSSIP which is within walking distance of JD. SCPD cops like to go there because they don't have to pay the 10 cover charge. For all intents and purposes Lattington is as far away from OB if it was in China.

A poster mentioned a JR in Lattington. someone thought it was the Piano Man. others know better.

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=distance+from+happauge+to+lattingtown

43 minutes, don't know if that qualifies as close or not. But the main reason I put up that lmgtfy wasn't to be sarcastic but because of the list the link provides; Bethpage (Le Cafe), North Bellmore (Billy Dean's Showtime Cafe), Locust Valley (Blink Entertainment), Commack (Blush), Huntington (Tender Trap) - I'd say those are all in the "general area".

No worries, Precious, I didn't think your post was intended to be sarcastic. :)
I did notice Blink Entertainment in Locust Valley, which I assumed was fairly close, but google earth brought me to a house when I typed in the address. Of course, we all know that google earth is notorious for address inaccuracy. I tried streetview, but stops up that street, so I can't even take a look around for something that looks like it might be Blink. I tried to find info on Blink a few days ago, but didn't have alot of time to spend sleuthing. Maybe I'll jump back into that this afternoon.

If any locals can offer anything on Blink Entertainment, please do!

ETA: Well shoot...I posted a reply before reading all the responses. In my best Emily Latella voice, "Nevermind."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member