AL - Angie Quinn, 39, killed in hit & run, Clanton, 10 July 2014

easongt

Verifiably unverified
Reaction score
This one hits pretty close to home for me. Just a few miles from my house. I've driven by this recently. LE paint outlines are still visible. I can verify 100% that the dog directly in front of the house where the victim was found... barks madly and chases vehicles. Not sure how much this means, but it could be part of the reason the driver was distracted.

The following is from al.com - I used link

$10,000 reward offered in hit-and-run death of Clanton mother

CLANTON, Alabama - The family of a Clanton woman killed last week in a hit-and-run is offering a $10,000 reward for information leading to the identity and arrest of her killer or killers.

Angie Marie Quinn, 39, of Verbena, was walking along Holiday Inn Drive toward Big M Boulevard Thursday when she was hit by a vehicle between 9 and 11 p.m., police said. The vehicle, which was traveling southbound, left the scene of the accident.

Quinn was pronounced dead on the scene. Her funeral is set for this Thursday.

Her father, Stanley Quinn, said the family wants to know what happened to her, and why. "They just left her laying there on the side of the road. We don't know what happened, or how long she was there,'' he said. "We don't know if it was on purpose, or if it was an accident and they just didn't stop."

<modsnip>

The death is being investigated by Clanton Police traffic homicide detectives and criminal detectives. Clanton police Capt. David Clackley said they are getting information from the public, but still need more. "We're sorting it out,'' Clackley said.

Anyone with information about the vehicle that hit Quinn is asked to call Clackley at 205-755-1194.

And "distracted" is an assumption that this was accidental. I have read or seen nothing to indicate that this was intentional... although that is a possibility. I also have read nothing as to where the victim was walking from or to. There is a bar, store, hotel and fast food all within half a mile of where the victim was found.

It would be unspeakably horrible if someone swerved to avoid this idiot dog and hit a woman instead.

But... this only just happened?

It is a sad thing. But, the fact the car didn't stop makes me think it might not have been an accident...

It would be unspeakably horrible if someone swerved to avoid this idiot dog and hit a woman instead.

But... this only just happened?

It is a sad thing. But, the fact the car didn't stop makes me think it might not have been an accident...

Yes, this is really recent (within 2 weeks). It has all the earmarks of becoming a cold case very fast. Little information has been released. There are plenty of CCTV cameras near the area. The vehicle was heading south when it struck the victim. It most likely would have had to pass several business to leave the area unless they stopped and did a U-turn. I was actually horrified that it appeared there was very little clean-up at the scene... unless the liquid stains are some kind of cleaner/chemical instead blood.

Yes, this is really recent (within 2 weeks). It has all the earmarks of becoming a cold case very fast. Little information has been released. There are plenty of CCTV cameras near the area. The vehicle was heading south when it struck the victim. It most likely would have had to pass several business to leave the area unless they stopped and did a U-turn. I was actually horrified that it appeared there was very little clean-up at the scene... unless the liquid stains are some kind of cleaner/chemical instead blood.

How awful...

Is there any possibility she was trying to get away from the dog? There have been pedesterians hit and killed due to aggressive dogs.

How awful...

Is there any possibility she was trying to get away from the dog? There have been pedesterians hit and killed due to aggressive dogs.

I have no idea, but if that were the case... wouldn't the driver have stopped?

CLANTON, Alabama - The family of a Clanton woman killed last week in a hit-and-run is offering a $10,000 reward for information leading to the identity and arrest of her killer or killers.

Angie Marie Quinn, 39, of Verbena, was walking along Holiday Inn Drive toward Big M Boulevard Thursday when she was hit by a vehicle between 9 and 11 p.m., police said. The vehicle, which was traveling southbound, left the scene of the accident.

Her father, Stanley Quinn, said the family wants to know what happened to her, and why. "They just left her laying there on the side of the road. We don't know what happened, or how long she was there,'' he said. "We don't know if it was on purpose, or if it was an accident and they just didn't stop."

Angie Quinn left behind a 20-year-old daughter, and a 9-year-old son. Stanley Quinn said he had spent the previous day with his daughter. He had taken her to the doctor, and then they had dinner together.

The following day the police, accompanied by Angie Quinn's brothers, broke the news to him. "It's been very hard,'' her father said.

He described Angie Quinn as outspoken and free-hearted. "She was too free-hearted, really,'' he said. "She would do anything for anybody."

The death is being investigated by Clanton Police traffic homicide detectives and criminal detectives. Clanton police Capt. David Clackley said they are getting information from the public, but still need more. "We're sorting it out,'' Clackley said.

Anyone with information about the vehicle that hit Quinn is asked to call Clackley at 205-755-1194.

Angie Quinn left behind a 20-year-old daughter, and a 9-year-old son. Stanley Quinn said he had spent the previous day with his daughter. He had taken her to the doctor, and then they had dinner together.

The following day the police, accompanied by Angie Quinn's brothers, broke the news to him. "It's been very hard,'' her father said.

He described Angie Quinn as outspoken and free-hearted. "She was too free-hearted, really,'' he said. "She would do anything for anybody."

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vjeanine
Back