VERDICT WATCH - Sentencing of Jodi Arias - Day 40

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is good. I sent Tom Tingle, media photographer who shot lots of good photos in the courtroom, the little animated .gif I made that proves JA traced one of his photos from this retrial. She was trying to sell it on her murderbilia site for $500. That drawing was taken down very shortly after. I have no idea if I was the only one to alert him or even if that had anything to do with the removal of the tracing. I just hope she didn't sell it and not share the $ with the original creator of the image.

Good job! It is amazing to me how her lawyers don't advise her, as if she didn't know, that she cannot get by with that. This trial is being followed internationally. Folks recognize their work when they see it so blatantly traced. It is just the oddest thing I have ever seen.

Well, this looks encouraging. We have a relatively young jury that most likely won't be entrenched, won't be judgmental about sex/*advertiser censored*, mostly female, some Hispanics, and a trauma nurse whose mother is in the psychological field. Hope she's the forewoman!!

I think a young jury is a good thing in this case. I know many of us here are Baby Boomers and would vote for DP, no problem. But we are also trial watchers/sleuthers, so we have a certain propensity that many others our age do not share.

I don't think any of the younger jurors are going to be bothered by the flirty texts, talking to more than one girl, sexting, phone sex, etc. It will be a big yawn, imo.

I think they are too bright and quick to believe that BS about the pedo accusations or the inconsistent DV incidents. I think it will anger them, imo.

U
There's no way of knowing. Paul S. gave an exhibit #, but who knows how much of the testimony was covered in that exhibit? A full day of testimony normally results in a pretty thick transcript, and she was up there 18 days. Also, numerous exhibits may have been sent back to the jury by stipulation.

It would be very abnormal for the jury to be given a transcript of any testimony unless both sides agree. The (stupid IMO) theory is that the jury should rely on recollection and notes, because if they didn't write it down or remember it, it wasn't important.

Aaaaaagggggghhhhhh ! Could you imagine them trying to go through her whole testimony !

Wonder if the juror who said remorse was a big deal to them made it into final. He said it would greatly affect if he voted DP or not.

Great news. Greta I think used to be a good lawyer too if I am not mistaken. She usually has a good read on things.

I usually agree with her...and I forgot to mention they were also saying big mistake that Jodi didn't allocute, and her guest said, "that might have ensured she gets the death penalty."

I have freaking steam coming from my ears at the moment. I belong to Beth's site and I asked politely if Skye truly used the words "epic fail". When I went to check my email tonight I found some lovely messages....here is one.

JPops

You would leave because of Sky (much more intimately involved than we are) had an opinion you didn't like? If so, I say good riddance to you!

There was more about how inappropriate I was to ask the question. Is this what Beth wants over there? Does everybody think it makes them more important because Chris Hughes was posting there? Or maybe whoever said that the Hughes are looking for bookbuyers.

SORRY I AM OFF TOPIC. MIA CULPA! I just had to tell somebody! I can't believe that they had access to my email addy.

I thought it was pretty ironic that Nurmi used the HUGHES emails as basis for his defense case today. :mad:

It has amazed me how we haven't seen any cycling by CMJA. I know that in a stressful situation I can't be as composed as she has been. I cycle wildly. As is natural for anyone with BPD. She has been able to phase out what is going on around her really well, doodling, crafting and generally zoning out. I find this intriguing. It seems extremely unlikely behaviour to me. We've seen her for day after day after day coping with this trial. There is NO WAY I could put on a front like that. Things much less stressful than a death penalty trial have me having panic attacks, inability to sit still, periods of mania, severe depression etc. We've seen none of this from her. I reflect Dr DeMarte enormously, but I don't recognise BPD in CMJA sometimes. BPD is also known as Emotionally Unstable Personality Disorder for a good reason. CMJA has been way way in control of her emotions throughout this trial. I believe she's mentally ill, but I think she has Narcicistic Personality Disorder or Sociopathy.

I am no expert LOL but isnt BPD more of a problem with your significant other spouse, bf etc rather than something that would even be noticed by co workers or someone off the street? Like I said Im no expert but I was under that impression from what I've read and that others may not know you have a problem cause it deals mostly with your attachment and who your IN LOVE with etc..so I think that might explain why she could control her emotions during trial...her attachment is already dead, so no emotions for him so to speak..hes not cheating on her anymore or dating other girls etc. I could be wrong but thats how I have understood the BPD thing.

Could someone tell me why the Hughes (TA's supposed best friends) were communicating, at any time, with anyone on the DT? TIA

Great news. Greta I think used to be a good lawyer too if I am not mistaken. She usually has a good read on things.
Good! Much rather hear her opinions than what Sky Hughes thinks of Juan. I've concluded she has a grudge against him since Juan didn't vindicate her on closing. How could he? She hung Travis out to dry with her emails, and I'm no longer buying that Jodi hacked in and forged them. Sky has shown her true colors and they aren't pretty!

Random thoughts...

Borderlines can cycle through mood swings very quickly - sometimes several within the same day. But someone who is a psychopath is largely feigning the extent of their emotions. For her to cycle so quickly reeks of manipulation to me. Was she looking for attention? Was she trying to unnerve Troy Hayden? Or was she hoping he'd tell the whole world how 'ill' she appears to be?

I think her not allocuting is really a testament to how deviant she is. I'm not entirely certain she cares if she gets death or not - she is convincing herself that her conviction will be overturned on appeal regardless of the verdict. Unfortunately, ever allowing Jodi to testify in a sealed proceeding fed into her narcissism and sense of entitlement. She's certain she should have had the right to allocute in private. She's willing to bet she knows the law better than the judge. Something we see a lot of with psychopathy is them moving the goal post and blaming everyone else. It's the attorney's fault she was convicted, the jury let her down, the judge was wrong in her rulings, and eventually it will be the appeals court made a mistake upholding her conviction. ;) She'll go down as a martyr until her death.

Jodi's perception is that she is a victim. It almost doesn't matter what Sandy did or Travis didn't. She feels justified in killing Travis because he rejected her but is sane enough to realize that reason can't justify his murder to society but is then deluded enough to blame Travis for her having to kill him in the first place. Jodi's psychological makeup probably requires near-worship, almost constant adulation and attention. I think Jodi does believe she was abused - not by being hit though she realizes this is the lie she must tell to the outside world - but because Travis didn't fall to his knees in awe of her. She fought to control him and, instead of complying, behaving, and telling the world how wonderful she was, he instead threatened to expose her true nature to others. Just as we saw with allocution yesterday, it was going to be on her terms or not at all, which she'll then twist to remain the ultimate victim.

JMO and FWIW

BK - good thoughts. With regard to your last paragraph, I agree that Jodi's in victim mode. Hard to say for sure how long she's been there (i.e., pre-dating her relationship with Travis), but it's obvious she has a strong dose of narcissism to her personality; she's easily a BPD case as well (IMOO). But she's also a pathological liar, and many who are become the lie; that's how they cope with a reality less desired. I think she would have been fine sticking with, say, her original act of dumbfoundedness when first confronted, offering to help the family, etc. But it didn't stick. When she finally found the domestic abuse angle, she found a lie that was hard for anyone (still alive) to verifiably disprove. At that point she became the lie. When others note her lack of remorse, it's because there isn't any - the Jodi that murdered Travis over his rejection of her doesn't exist in her mind, the one who suffered years of DA through others and then him does. Thus the more stoic demeanor and sense of entitlement.

FEBRUARY 2015
Sunday
MondayTuesdayWednesdayThursdayFridaySaturday
TexMexBravoAZlawyer
peedoffinny
Lastchancehindsight2020ohreallyNeighbour2013NashBridges2
sharpar
LastchanceMeemaw12Nali87
magnolia
KakidollSnowshuze
whisperofwingsMeeBee

HolidayyAlice253

RadarLuv

Steelman
WoryWart
shajon123
Hope4More
slinkpodmyvice

zebra

MARCH 2015
Sunday
MondayTuesdayWednesdayThursdayFridaySaturday

cavvy
Tsitra01DmackyWhoaIsMeshajon123

boomster
amster

ICit
ljwf22
east2west

janethedood
oceanblueeyes
Moonchime
Jamais
LaLaw2000geeveeCayleeAdvocateUniquecindysnow3

smartsmombuttercup117
Mystymissangelainwi

franquerolanewatergirl

GarthMax
Bluewater_girl
wing560
AngelWings444
Robyn623staycalmelementarycnewman

erma285
guestGilligan
YESorNO

niner
MindMatters

New responses that I didn't get around to putting in the calendars

date submittedVERDICTname
2/23/2015 15:34:402/27/2015Dr. Know?
2/23/2015 15:36:592/26/2015
2/23/2015 15:39:443/4/2015Alisha8191
2/23/2015 15:41:113/6/2015Sweet Fox
2/23/2015 15:57:423/2/2015mesnowmom123
2/23/2015 16:07:373/3/2015TexMex
2/23/2015 16:13:312/26/2015gerryl42
2/23/2015 16:42:102/26/2015TupeloMz
2/23/2015 17:37:473/4/2015ICit
2/23/2015 19:23:592/26/2015Jinkasaurus
2/23/2015 19:32:593/2/2015Coltsfan
2/24/2015 1:46:022/27/2015lisalei321
2/24/2015 6:27:313/1/2015LaLaw2000
2/24/2015 7:52:413/13/2015sharpar
2/24/2015 15:07:363/10/2015Buttercup117

I thought that guess was for when deliberations began. I was one day off for that, but hoping to be wrong about deliberations and unintentionally right about verdict date. :)

I have freaking steam coming from my ears at the moment. I belong to Beth's site and I asked politely if Skye truly used the words "epic fail". When I went to check my email tonight I found some lovely messages....here is one.

JPops

You would leave because of Sky (much more intimately involved than we are) had an opinion you didn't like? If so, I say good riddance to you!

There was more about how inappropriate I was to ask the question. Is this what Beth wants over there? Does everybody think it makes them more important because Chris Hughes was posting there? Or maybe whoever said that the Hughes are looking for bookbuyers.

SORRY I AM OFF TOPIC. MIA CULPA! I just had to tell somebody! I can't believe that they had access to my email addy.
I'm sure they are looking for book buyers, they'll publish immediately. Just reinforces my belief that I'm glad I didn't join Beth's site.:snooty:

Azl. Can you kinda describe ( sorry again) the appeals process (i know its automatic if death) for Arizona? Does she stick with KN/JW or is there a public defender office of sorts that will be assigned to jodis appeal? If it's automatically selected can that attorney refuse to take the case? I can imagine it being a running joke at the public defender office that they're gonna get "jodid"or something. I can imagine all lawyers are gonna be sitting on pins and needles if she gets dp In fear They may actually have to represent her.

Also.. Been dying to know Can flores martinez or jss finally talk or tell all so to speak after the verdict??

Good! Much rather hear her opinions than what Sky Hughes thinks of Juan. I've concluded she has a grudge against him since Juan didn't vindicate her on closing. How could he? She hung Travis out to dry with her emails, and I'm no longer buying that Jodi hacked in and forged them. Sky has shown her true colors and they aren't pretty!

I don't even think Sky showed up at court today. They are waiting to hit the "Submit" button once the verdict is read. :furious:

I thought it was pretty ironic that Nurmi used the HUGHES emails as basis for his defense case today. :mad:

IKR....more like poetic justice after last night. Someone tweeted that she audibly gasped after the first mention. And he made quite a few references. What a pathetic situation their "friendship" caused. SMH

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288