Lawmaker skinny-dipped on Israel trip

Jacie Estes

Medical Marijuana Advocate
Reaction score
Rep. Kevin Yoder stripped naked before jumping into the Sea of Galilee...Other participants, including the daughter of another congressman, swam fully clothed, while some lawmakers partially disrobed, Politico reported.

...A group of Republican lawmakers and staff jumped into Israel's Sea of Galilee last year after a night of dining and drinking, and one freshman congressman swam naked, Republican aides confirmed late on Sunday.

The incident, first reported by Politico on Sunday, was investigated by the FBI and led Republican leaders in the House of Representatives to reprimand the 30 lawmakers on the privately funded trip...

...Senior aides to House Majority Leader Eric Cantor and House Majority Whip Kevin McCarthy also went swimming in the freshwater lake, which is where Christians believe that Jesus walked on water.

http://nbcpolitics.nbcnews.com/_new...an-lawmaker-skinny-dipped-on-israel-trip?lite

Keepin it classy, Yoder? No wonder they call us the Ugly Americans. So this Congressman dipped his 'junk' in the place where Jesus walked on water? :puke:

I am not Christian but I find this offensive. So much for those good ol Christian values candidates. :banghead:

Oh look, another apology by another politician. :laughcry: Racking em up, aren't they?

Today’s politician making headlines for doing something stupid is my very own congressman, Rep. Kevin Yoder (R-Kan.), representing the 3rd district...
...Last August, he went skinny-dipping in the Sea of Galilee while on a private fact-finding tour sponsored by the American Israel Education Foundation. The nine-day trip cost $20,087 for Yoder and his wife; perhaps the foundation should have kicked in an extra $40 for a pair of swim trunks...

...He also refers to a “momentary lapse in judgment.” That irks the Rev. Philip R. Hamner, a minister in Overland Park.

“Mr. Yoder is not confessing to a lapse in judgment while as a teenager or college student,” Hamner told me. “I am disturbed by politicians and public figures who campaign on character and blast their opponents for a lack of character.”

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs...295067c-eaea-11e1-866f-60a00f604425_blog.html

Lol. I don't see anything wrong with skinny dipping if you so choose. I do think that if you are a public figure you should know it will make the news, so choose accordingly. If you can't take the backlash, don't do it in front of anyone.

I have been known to skinnydip, dance skyclad and various other non clothed pursuits over the years. All of those activities took place in private locations while I was not holding office or representing my country.

Yikes. Poor judgment to say the least. MOO

Really hard to say....on a business trip, presumably in business-wear....they wanted to jump in...some in clothes...(which sounds almost even sillier)...and one guy took his skivvies off...maybe didn't want wet-hinye looking suit-pants on the taxi ride back....

Americans in general much too prudish about this stuff....

Don't see a really big deal here...but make of it what you may...lol...

I sincerely hope no one is going to post pics of say, Margaret Thatcher, or any other nekid/skinnydipping public office holder

:eek:

lol. Again, I think it was an exercise of poor judgment but I do also see the humor of the situation. Much hubbub about very little in the overall scheme of things.

I was actually going to say " Good for him."

I used to skinny dip whenever possible, back in da day. There is nothing like it. I certainly don't see it as a major character flaw. My DH and I did so whenever we could in our younger days. :angel:

This is why I would never want to be a politician. I don't want to give up my right to skinny dip or dance around naked or whatever if I should so choose! lol

http://nbcpolitics.nbcnews.com/_new...an-lawmaker-skinny-dipped-on-israel-trip?lite

Keepin it classy, Yoder? No wonder they call us the Ugly Americans. So this Congressman dipped his 'junk' in the place where Jesus walked on water? :puke:

I am not Christian but I find this offensive. So much for those good ol Christian values candidates. :banghead:

Snippped and BBM

LOLOL Does it matter if his 'junk' was naked or covered when it got dipped where Jesus walked on water???? Is it somehow 'infected' when it's naked?? Either way it's in the same water~!!
I am a Christian and can't see that this has anything to do with "good ol Christian values" ~ poor judgement to let it all hang out in public when others at least left their shorts on, but . . . :crazy:

I was actually going to say " Good for him."

I used to skinny dip whenever possible, back in da day. There is nothing like it. I certainly don't see it as a major character flaw. My DH and I did so whenever we could in our younger days. :angel:

I think it was the company he was with.Not really appropriate when it's a group of lawmakers and members of their families present.
Now if I was alone out there with my hubby or a group of just female friends......:rocker:

How old was this girl? Was she over 18 at the time? If not, this is a pretty ugly story.

Snippped and BBM

LOLOL Does it matter if his 'junk' was naked or covered when it got dipped where Jesus walked on water???? Is it somehow 'infected' when it's naked?? Either way it's in the same water~!!
I am a Christian and can't see that this has anything to do with "good ol Christian values" ~ poor judgement to let it all hang out in public when others at least left their shorts on, but . . . :crazy:

Perhaps Mr. Akin can find a doctor who could determine that. ;)

The 'values' part of it? We have conservative politicians hanging drapes on naked statues, remember the Ashcroft fiasco, but happy to put their junk out there. :laughcry: Hypocrisy at it's best.

No longer will the attorney general be photographed in front of two partially nude statues in the Great Hall of the Department of Justice.

The department spent $8,000 on blue drapes that hide the two giant, aluminum art deco statues, said spokesman Shane Hix. For aesthetic reasons, he said, the drapes were occasionally hung in front of the statues before formal events. The department used to rent the drapes, but has now purchased them and left them hanging.

http://www.usatoday.com/news/nation/2002/01/29/statues.htm

I sincerely hope no one is going to post pics of say, Margaret Thatcher, or any other nekid/skinnydipping public office holder

:eek:

lol. Again, I think it was an exercise of poor judgment but I do also see the humor of the situation. Much hubbub about very little in the overall scheme of things.

OMG Could you imagine or how about Dick Cheney. :)

Very poor judgement over 'very little'.

I want to know how old the other Congressman's daughter was. Also, how comfortable is Rep. Yoder at dropping trou in public?

I think it's one of those things where you would have had to been there to understand.

Although some might find it in bad taste, I don't think there is anything wrong with letting loose a little bit as long as no harm is done and everyone there were adults.

I am one that "wishes" we could all be in our skin and nothing dirty would be thought of it.

I do realize that this is impossible though.

I think it's one of those things where you would have had to been there to understand.

Although some might find it in bad taste, I don't think there is anything wrong with letting loose a little bit as long as no harm is done and everyone there were adults.

I am one that "wishes" we could all be in our skin and nothing dirty would be thought of it.

I do realize that this is impossible though.

Where we live, it is remote enough that I think nothing of walking out on the deck to lay out in the sun nude. I'm not a member of Congress.

It is just not respecting of THE office and his position. IMHO

I just saw a report on CNN. The reporter said that the daughter was 21 yrs old, was there with both of her parents, and she jumped into the water hand in hand with her father.

So I highly doubt that the skinny dipper was in any way 'bothering' or hassling the daughter.

There were 20 people there and most of them went into the water for a quick swim. I don't think it should be blown out of proportion.

Where we live, it is remote enough that I think nothing of walking out on the deck to lay out in the sun nude. I'm not a member of Congress.

It is just not respecting of THE office and his position. IMHO

I respect your opinion. In a perfect world we would all be able to run around naked (that's the hippie in me) and nothing would be sexual or deviate about it.

Like I said, that is just wishful thinking on my part as I have seen that
it just doesn't work that way.

I'm not speaking to you, please don't take it that way. I just know there are to many pervs in society that we can't live like this.

I just saw a report on CNN. The reporter said that the daughter was 21 yrs old, was there with both of her parents, and she jumped into the water hand in hand with her father.

So I highly doubt that the skinny dipper was in any way 'bothering' or hassling the daughter.

There were 20 people there and most of them went into the water for a quick swim. I don't think it should be blown out of proportion.

I never assumed that he was bothering or hassling the daughter- I just didn't like to think of a child exposed to that. If she's 21, then no big deal.
Although when I was a 21 year old free spirit, I would have been mortified to see a naked man while in the company of my parents, especially if he was one of my father's colleagues!

I think it was the company he was with.Not really appropriate when it's a group of lawmakers and members of their families present.
Now if I was alone out there with my hubby or a group of just female friends......:rocker:

I agree. Apparently females were present, so it doesn't sound appropriate at all.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alicialynne
Back