Found Deceased SC - Brittanee Drexel, 17, Myrtle Beach, 25 April 2009 - #13

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't mean to get everyone off track here, but thought I would pass this on to you.

Human Remains Found In The Woods of Colleton County, SC

http://www2.wsav.com/news/2010/oct/05/human-remains-found-woods-colleton-county-ar-922285/

Hunters found human remains Tuedsay in a heavily wooded area near a hunting club on Ritter Road near Catholic Hill in Colleton County. The body had apparently been at the location for several months and investigators with the Colleton County Sheriff’s Office are in the process of trying to identify the remains.

Looks like it is less than 2 hours away from McClellanville so thought I would mention. Hoping someones family is getting answers!

Thank you for sharing this info distracted 1976. This just confirms in my mind that contacting hunting clubs to BOLO for our Britt is a good idea.
There sure are alot of murdered young women in coastal SC. UGH!

Thoughts and prayers to the UID's family and hope their loved one can receive a proper burial.

wm

ETA Someone please jump in here and help me out, but isn't the man in the T gang who is now serving time for rape from the Charleston area?

Sorry I took so long to get back to you!!!

I saw that you mentioned that the hotels were 15 min apart from each other (walk?) but when I watched the video, the reporter said that the traffic camera's were 15 min from her hotel. (about 1/2 way between) The hotels were over a mile apart (walk)

Maybe The reporter was wrong???

ETA: It may not even be important, except that it probably was a half our walk to the BW and would've been the same back except she only made it approx 10 min, not enough unfortunately to be seen on the taffic cams. a second time. I wondered if they really watched for a vehicle going back and forth on that street during that time-line???

I THINK I understand where our confusion might be. They said in the documentary that the walk between the two hotels was 15 minutes. I didn't come up with this info on my own. As far as them saying that the camera was 15 minutes apart -- I must have missed that.

For everyone else, do you all remember that LE first stated that they believed Brittanee vanished within 7 minutes of leaving the BW? I want to know how they back this up now that the documentary is saying she sent JG the last message 10 minutes after. Just something I've been thinking about...

Don't mean to get everyone off track here, but thought I would pass this on to you.

Human Remains Found In The Woods of Colleton County, SC

http://www2.wsav.com/news/2010/oct/05/human-remains-found-woods-colleton-county-ar-922285/

Hunters found human remains Tuedsay in a heavily wooded area near a hunting club on Ritter Road near Catholic Hill in Colleton County. The body had apparently been at the location for several months and investigators with the Colleton County Sheriff’s Office are in the process of trying to identify the remains.

Looks like it is less than 2 hours away from McClellanville so thought I would mention. Hoping someones family is getting answers!

MC's response to this news on FB? "Waiting..."

I wonder if she's considering the possibility that this could be Britt?

15 minutes to walk between the Bar Harbor and the Blue Water.

I'm no expert and this is just MHO...one would have to be walking at a very steady pace...I've tried that walk...and that's one of the longest miles I've ever walked...and I didn't do it in 15 minutes I can assure you.

Good morning all !

I just re-read all of this, and I thought I would "re-post" it. Mostly for those of you who are just joining us.

"Arrest made in botched Boulevard abduction"
http://www.carolinalive.com/news/story.aspx?id=488808

Read all of the comments at the bottom and you can learn some things from there... (Although I now feel the need to wash my brain out with soap & water)

-ALSO-

MBLover "I'm no expert and this is just MHO...one would have to be walking at a very steady pace...I've tried that walk...and that's one of the longest miles I've ever walked...and I didn't do it in 15 minutes I can assure you."

I totally agree! I've walked it a few times, and 15 minutes would really be pushing it... Matter of fact, you would look rather "out of place" walking that fast...

I THINK I understand where our confusion might be. They said in the documentary that the walk between the two hotels was 15 minutes. I didn't come up with this info on my own. As far as them saying that the camera was 15 minutes apart -- I must have missed that.

For everyone else, do you all remember that LE first stated that they believed Brittanee vanished within 7 minutes of leaving the BW? I want to know how they back this up now that the documentary is saying she sent JG the last message 10 minutes after. Just something I've been thinking about...

Oh yes, Llindsayy, I remember this statement that they believe Brittanee disappeared within 7 minutes of leaving the BWR vividly. I kept waiting to hear about that "7 minutes" when the program was on. I learned so many things I had previously thought were "probably" incorrect and they confirmed a lot also of what we have discussed. At one point it was like watching a movie play out of what I have imagined as we all discussed these scenarios here on Websleuths, especially during the early months of BD's disappearance; i.e., the clothes left behind in the "boy's room", leaving security deposit, the black shorts. Something that keeps going through my mind is PB saying early-on that he was not a "babysitter" and so he did not feel responsible for getting BD back to her room or something like that. I was also surprised that the last known video taken by that one boy was actually taken in BD's hotel room, as we all thought it was in his room. It makes me wonder what she was talking about when we think we hear her say "are you going to take me back" in the one version of that video we have all seen and heard. I think (IMO) that LE must have some really reliable leads to be able to rule out "certain people" as not POI because with me, being on the outside looking in, I'd have a really hard time ruling out the "friends", the "boys", this guy who took the video, and even someone that we don't know who came all the way from ROC knowing she would be there and mostly be hanging out alone. I am not trying to 'stir things up or poke holes in the investigation but why did these girls/friends invite BD to go with them, as it seems so obvious that none of them were close friends with her? I still wonder about a connection or setup with those black shorts? All my own opinion and again, I think I have to trust that LE obviously know A LOT more than I do about who they are watching and believe took BD.

Oh yes, Llindsayy, I remember this statement that they believe Brittanee disappeared within 7 minutes of leaving the BWR vividly. I kept waiting to hear about that "7 minutes" when the program was on. I learned so many things I had previously thought were "probably" incorrect and they confirmed a lot also of what we have discussed. At one point it was like watching a movie play out of what I have imagined as we all discussed these scenarios here on Websleuths, especially during the early months of BD's disappearance; i.e., the clothes left behind in the "boy's room", leaving security deposit, the black shorts. Something that keeps going through my mind is PB saying early-on that he was not a "babysitter" and so he did not feel responsible for getting BD back to her room or something like that. I was also surprised that the last known video taken by that one boy was actually taken in BD's hotel room, as we all thought it was in his room. It makes me wonder what she was talking about when we think we hear her say "are you going to take me back" in the one version of that video we have all seen and heard. I think (IMO) that LE must have some really reliable leads to be able to rule out "certain people" as not POI because with me, being on the outside looking in, I'd have a really hard time ruling out the "friends", the "boys", this guy who took the video, and even someone that we don't know who came all the way from ROC knowing she would be there and mostly be hanging out alone. I am not trying to 'stir things up or poke holes in the investigation but why did these girls/friends invite BD to go with them, as it seems so obvious that none of them were close friends with her? I still wonder about a connection or setup with those black shorts? All my own opinion and again, I think I have to trust that LE obviously know A LOT more than I do about who they are watching and believe took BD.

I agree with your post 100%, i to watch show, but i already knew most of what was being said,,,,,i just hope soon LE will be able to locate BD and let family try find (peace) which i know there never truly be at peace,my prayers go out to bd family

Good morning all !

I just re-read all of this, and I thought I would "re-post" it. Mostly for those of you who are just joining us.

Read all of the comments at the bottom and you can learn some things from there... (Although I now feel the need to wash my brain out with soap & water)

Wow, I just reread all of those comments! I've lived in this state my whole life...but sometimes southern slang is SO difficult to decypher! lol.

Anyway, several thoughts! First, thanks to the poster who listed everyone's name in the 'Taylor gang'.....that was helpful! Also, the little sister of the Taylors....the one defending ST is pretty hateful one minute and religious the next. She's all about 'God forgive them' while attacking victims and their families.
But, most importantly, I've got to reevaluate my opinions just a little here. It's clear to me after reading what this sister has to say:
She knows this case. She knows tons of details about Brittanee's case, about R's near-abduction.....she knows about the vehicle linked to a homicide in her brother's yard.....but she refuses to acknowledge that her family is linked to any abduction or murder. In fact, she even acknowledges that her brothers can get any girl they want (graphic language), and that they have MANY 'baby mamas'......and, thus, don't need to kidnap and rape other women (which doesn't explain why Harry is in prison for raping a girl).
My point is....she KNOWS these cases. She knows timelines, suspects, she knows about what Brittanee was last doing, where she was headed, etc. I was under the impression that this family did whatever they did and then forgot about Brittanee....forgot about Shannon and R. Clearly, they didn't forget at all.....clearly, they are researching the heck out of this case and she is trying her hardest to cast blame at the Chili group or someone else in the Georgetown area.
I now believe it's possible that she or someone else in this family DID stage those sunglasses to throw off LE. I believe it's HIGHLY likely that they are scouring news reports and even Websleuths....to see what people know, what is being said, and if the police are onto them for their crimes. IMHO.

Good morning all !

-ALSO-

MBLover "I'm no expert and this is just MHO...one would have to be walking at a very steady pace...I've tried that walk...and that's one of the longest miles I've ever walked...and I didn't do it in 15 minutes I can assure you."

I totally agree! I've walked it a few times, and 15 minutes would really be pushing it... Matter of fact, you would look rather "out of place" walking that fast...

Wow, I read this article before, but there are some new comments at the bottom that are just unbelieveable. I didn't know that one of the past suspects was locked up for rape in North Charleston. I can't say it really surprises me though. Their behavior reminds me of the Chelsea King case about repeat sexual offenders, and how they will continue what they do without fear of being caught. It is just beyond belief how some criminals can slip through the cracks and get away with being involved in multiple crimes before they are caught. You would think that a group of people committing crimes would be more likely to get caught than a single individual who can cover his tracks, but it doesn't seem to be the case here. IMO, What has allowed them to get away with this so long is the fact that they live in such a secluded area where they can hide evidence of their crimes without anyone observing them.

Good morning all !

-ALSO-

I think what was said was it should have take her 15 minutes to reach the traffic camera.

For some reason the episode did not tape for me w/TIVO although I set it...I have it set now for a repeat this weekend...

I hope this case does not remain unsolved due to people being afraid to come forward...I think that is one of the saddest/worst outcomes for a family, when they know people have information but fear keeps them from letting LE know. But I know it can be a very real fear, and that people sometimes are harmed for cooperating with police :(

For some reason the episode did not tape for me w/TIVO although I set it...I have it set now for a repeat this weekend...

I hope this case does not remain unsolved due to people being afraid to come forward...I think that is one of the saddest/worst outcomes for a family, when they know people have information but fear keeps them from letting LE know. But I know it can be a very real fear, and that people sometimes are harmed for cooperating with police :(

Oh Thanks cluciano63! Do you know when it is scheduled to air this weekend? That would be helpful info for sleuths who were unable to watch the first time. TIVO perplexes me. If I set mine to record on an HD channel while I am watching another channel, it will not record. If I set it to record a 'regular' channel then it will record when I am watching a different channel. If I am watching the HD channel that I am recording then it will record. ....scratches her head....

Anyway, The T-clan is a clan who lives in a remote area. Most likely, even if family members know what's going on with the men in the family, they will not talk. I wish I knew more about the area, like are there several T family residences located adjacent to one another.....how far away is the closest 'nonfamily' neighbor, etc. IMO, this 'bunch' is intimidating enough to scare people or is under a veil of protection from LE and the native folks in the area suspect as much. (not pointing fingers as LE seems to have stepped up the cause but we all know that corruption exists in some agencies). We've heard nothing on the 9/1 hearing of TST for the attempted abduction of RM, nor have we learned anything about any charges for the stolen vehicle which was parked at TST's residence. It makes me wonder what is going on IYKWIM!

It is great reading you here and I hope you will continue to contribute to the discussion.

MOO

wm

Wow, I read this article before, but there are some new comments at the bottom that are just unbelieveable. I didn't know that one of the past suspects was locked up for rape in North Charleston. I can't say it really surprises me though. Their behavior reminds me of the Chelsea King case about repeat sexual offenders, and how they will continue what they do without fear of being caught. It is just beyond belief how some criminals can slip through the cracks and get away with being involved in multiple crimes before they are caught. You would think that a group of people committing crimes would be more likely to get caught than a single individual who can cover his tracks, but it doesn't seem to be the case here. IMO, What has allowed them to get away with this so long is the fact that they live in such a secluded area where they can hide evidence of their crimes without anyone observing them.

I sure would like to see a mug shot of this Harry Rivers guy who is incarcerated for rape in Chas. county! ( I am a visual person) Has his case come to trial yet? Where is he in custody at this time? I am hungry for some facts re: these POI's.

Can any sleuths here direct me to where i could find info? TIA

PS Sorry that I don't have much time for research lately as my computer is still down so I check in as often as possible.

MOO
wm

I think what was said was it should have take her 15 minutes to reach the traffic camera.

Perhaps. I was just typing what my notes said, and I think I wrote that down specifically because I hadn't heard it worded that way before. Hopefully someone who taped it can rewatch that part, or if I get a chance to catch it on replay I'll be able to hear for sure.

I sure would like to see a mug shot of this Harry Rivers guy who is incarcerated for rape in Chas. county! ( I am a visual person) Has his case come to trial yet? Where is he in custody at this time? I am hungry for some facts re: these POI's.

Can any sleuths here direct me to where i could find info? TIA

PS Sorry that I don't have much time for research lately as my computer is still down so I check in as often as possible.

MOO
wm

hi heres a link to a video with st and rt ,if look good you see rt sitting then he get up walk to desk,,,,,,

http://www2.counton2.com/news/2010/jul/30/sc-cops-look-for-ties-in-missing-woman-c-90212-vi-47876/

It is on again Sunday at 4pm EST and Monday 10/11 at 7pm EST...

something Interesting I found:

(http://archives.postandcourier.com/archive/arch99/0799/arc0710233732.shtml)

"Investigators believe McConaughey's car was torched and left in woods off Seven Mile Road near McClellanville soon after the killing. But its presence in the woods was not reported immediately.

A man collecting pine straw in Francis Marion National Forest found McConaughey's body near Steed Creek Road in Awendaw, some 12 miles from where her car was found."

Why was it not reported immediately? Could this, once again, be townspeople who are afraid to speak out against this group?

Just a thought I deemed worth sharing.... :crazy:

something Interesting I found:

(http://archives.postandcourier.com/archive/arch99/0799/arc0710233732.shtml)

"Investigators believe McConaughey's car was torched and left in woods off Seven Mile Road near McClellanville soon after the killing. But its presence in the woods was not reported immediately.

A man collecting pine straw in Francis Marion National Forest found McConaughey's body near Steed Creek Road in Awendaw, some 12 miles from where her car was found."

Why was it not reported immediately? Could this, once again, be townspeople who are afraid to speak out against this group?

Just a thought I deemed worth sharing.... :crazy:

If one thing is for sure about these guys, it's that they don't seem to stray far from their stomping ground. I can't believe they have to guts to do so many things within such a close vicinity to their place. I bet they have been on LE's radar since the beginning. How could they not when LE knew exactly where Britt's cell phone went to and seemingly ended up!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
okaydandy