Crimewatch Reconstruction 14.10.13 2100GMT

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think that if it was a well planned abduction like Redwood suggests some perps might have watched enough CSI to leave their cell phones home. Or turn it off anyway. Wouldn't want to be hiding behind the door when the target's father comes in to check on her and get a phone call just at that moment.

This is the report of one of the GNR officers who brought in the search dogs on the night Madeline disappeared.
The dogs have proven Madeleine was alive when she left apartment. 2 dogs that night separately went the same route. And the next day 2 different dogs were brought in and they went the same route.
(sorry for copy-paste)
rocesso Volume III

Pages 762 to 765

Witness Statement

Antonio Freitas Silva

Date: 2007.05.09

The deponent states that:

• He comes to the process in the role of Chief of the GNR Search and Rescue Team. He coordinated all the work carried out by the two sniffer dogs in the Luz zone and the immediate areas relating to the disappearance of the English minor Madeleine McCann from the Ocean Club.

• He remembers that on the 4th of May of the current year, around 23h00, they attempted to tentatively identify and thus reconstruct the path taken by the missing minor. They gave the dogs a Turkish bath towel which was supposedly used by the child in question. This operation was realised by two different dogs.

• That after having given the sniffer dog the towel and next to the residence of the missing girl, more specifically, next to apartment block 5A and 5, the first sniffer dog headed toward the door of that apartment. Immediately afterward, he headed in the direction of block 4, returned around block 5, and came down a road that exists between this block and the leisure area (pools, restaurants, etc). He turned right; in the direction of the aforementioned apartment and headed toward the main road. There, he crossed the street and next to the wall of block 6, turned right, and headed toward the contiguous parking area. More concretely, he headed next to a light post and sniffed the ground around that post. After this, he crossed the street again and headed toward the access zone to the restaurants and pool area, sniffing the door which was closed at that time. He again went to the parking zone, and at that point, lost the scent.

• When carrying out this operation with the second dog, he followed the same rout, took the same direction and headed toward the light post in the parking lot mentioned above. He sniffed the area and at that point appeared to have lost the scent. The only difference was that this dog did not head toward the entrance of the restaurant or the pool area.

• None of the dogs used in this search, after having been given the towel supposedly used by the child, entered into block 5 but went immediately to the street between the apartment and the leisure area. It should be taken into account that the second sniffer dog may have been conditioned by the first sniffer dog. That is to say that in the case of doubt, the second dog may have followed the second of the first.

• Taking into account the aforementioned results, he states that it can be confirmed with a certain degree of certainty that the missing child passed by that location, on that day or on a previous day. This situation can be explained by the nature of the terrain, that is, it is a small space enclosed by walls and as such lingering scents would take longer to dissipate.

• Yesterday (08/05/2007) around 23h45, this search action was repeated but this time the dogs were sent into blocks 5 and 4 of the 'Ocean Club' resort. During this operation, and given the time that had passed combined with the heat, the results that were achieved are very relative given that the dog will confirm all the odours it scents, certainly alerting to those that are most active, namely due to the fact that the apartment was occupied. It is also noted that the dog’s perception in the interior may be affected by noise.

• The initial diligence carried out with first sniffer dog, after having sniffed the towel used in the previous operation, began searching and showing interest in some doors leading to other apartments. He did not show any interest or even approach other apartments. In none of these actions did the dog give the signal to his trainer, Soldado Fernandes. It is certain however, that the dog signalled next to apartments 5J, 5H, and 4G. He showed great interest in sniffing these doors and the immediate areas. Next to door 5H there were two bags of rubbish and the odour may have distracted the dog. Outside 4G was a tray of plates, cutlery and cloth napkins that had apparently been used. This apartment is where the parents of the missing child were staying (at the time). Concerning apartment 5J, the same may have been conditioned by the presence of people in the interior or he could have sniffed an odour that needed to be confirmed.

• He states that after the search inside block 5, and whilst in the exterior, the sniffer dog took the same route on 04/05/07, being the existent road of that apartment and the leisure area (pools and restaurant) and then went to the same parking area. At that point, the scent was lost. This situation may be related to the fact that the biggest concentration of odours are in that area and due to the fact that odours are better preserved near walls and away from major winds. It is certain that upon reaching the main road and turning right is where the biggest concentration of odours exist. This is where the dog lost interest.

• The second dog was taken through the same operation and also showed interest at the door of apartment 5J. This same dog jumped on his hind paws to the parapet of the veranda and raised his head as though in search of an odour. As related above, this interest could have been the result of various factors but it is certain that in this area the scent was intense. In the exterior, the sniffer dog immediately headed to the parking area next to block 6 and there apparently lost the scent.

• I would like to clarify that a search in a bad area, where a more intense odour perceived by the sniffer dog, such as in an urban area due to the large concentration of external odours, make it possible to confuse the dog. In this situation, search activity is very difficult as is the case when some time has passed since the event in question.

• Because he is asked, he states that in relation to this, it is difficult to evaluate precisely the work of the sniffer dog. It is clear that some conditions involved in this action augment the degree of uncertainty. The signalling of the dog may only signify that they are confirming an intense odour in a zone. On the other hand, given the interest of the dog(s) in some of the apartment doorways, this could signify nothing, but could also very well mean that the dog has caught the odour. The dog did not demonstrate to its owner that it had found the scent it was searching for.

• And nothing more was said. Reads, ratifies and signs.

In this case Gerry would have had so little time - and not even just the disposal - the covering up of forensics etc

But no one except the McCann's saw Madeleine after 6.30pm - he had plenty of time. If the parents did it, isn't it likely they did it even before dinner and got rid of the evidence in advance?

I think these sightings are red herrings.

But no one except the McCann's saw Madeleine after 6.30pm - he had plenty of time. If the parents did it, isn't it likely they did it even before dinner and got rid of the evidence in advance?

I think these sightings are red herrings.

And you believe in unknown town they been only 3 days, with no help and in a very short slot of time they succeeded to get rid of the body so well no one was able to find it, as well as removing all scientific evidence and then after they've done all of this they merrily went for a dinner with their friends and then they pretended all if fine..

And you believe in unknown town they been only 3 days, with no help and in a very short slot of time they succeeded to get rid of the body so well no one was able to find it, as well as removing all scientific evidence and then after they've done all of this they merrily went for a dinner with their friends and then they pretended all if fine..

Occams Razor says yes

I'll just add it to the list shall I

the dogs are wrong
the PJ is wrong
the forensics are wrong

Now also

Crimewatch was wrong
the efits are wrong

:rolleyes:

hi donjeta,
I was for 7 days in Paris and 7 days in Sweden, with no local knowledge and no language and no friends no car.. for me it would be impossible even to call a taxi on my own after 6 days, let alone commit a crime and hide it so well..

Plus how did they know there were no CCTV cameras around?

Couldn't getting rid of the body in the ocean be a possibility?

Body usually washes out in about 2 days I think.. unless it is pulled to the ocean with some heavy stuff like stones etc but for this one would need lots of equipment which is not available in an holiday apartment.

Would be risky I feel. Couldn't it wash back up? They would have had to make a quick decision whatever, so perhaps they did go back to make sure of the job. It's audacious but possible.

There has been so much discussion about ocean currents etc in the Holloway and Gardner cases

There were people debating both sides of the argument.

Frankly, I don't know

Many have stated that both of the women named above were disappeared in the ocean, neither body has ever washed up

Occams Razor says yes

Occam's razor says no such thing. We don't have enough information to even employ Occam's razor, which btw, was never intended to explain complex human behaviour in such a scenario as a crime where people will be deliberately trying to manipulate.

Body usually washes out in about 2 days I think.. unless it is pulled to the ocean with some heavy stuff like stones etc but for this one would need lots of equipment which is not available in an holiday apartment.

Many people who drowned and had no heavy stones attached have never been found. JMO

What I know from 2007 and I was most afraid of is the fact that most of the houses in PDL have some kind of own holes underneath their houses where they collect the toilet etc washouts, not sure how this system is called.. but if someone wanted to get rid of the body forever, and this was discussed back in 2007, it could be by disposing it into these holes under the houses. Terrible to think about and I really really hope this hasn't happened to Madeleine.

Many people who drowned and had no heavy stones attached have never been found. JMO

I think this is if they were in the middle of the ocean, in really deep waters, but for something like this one needs to own a boat.
I think this is what happened in Holloway case, with father helping.

They have no clue where they put Madeleine but believe she was disposed of 24 days later on their trip to Huelva.

That is why the DNA and cadaver was located in the Renault...there is absolutely no other explanation for this, assuming of course an as yet unknown deceased McCann didn't lie in that car.

:cow:

I think this is if they were in the middle of the ocean, in really deep waters, but for something like this one needs to own a boat.
I think this is what happened in Holloway case, with father helping.

No, I don't think a boat is always necessary

If you put a tiny decomposed body into the sea, how long will it take to become shark food?

1. within the hour'
2. within the day
3. never, it will be washed ashore more or less recognisable.

:dunno:

Occam's razor says no such thing. We don't have enough information to even employ Occam's razor, which btw, was never intended to explain complex human behaviour in such a scenario as a crime where people will be deliberately trying to manipulate.

It was designed exactly for complex situations, where the theory states to strip everything back to simple truths and make the least assumptions possible.

It takes a great deal more assumptions to say that a predatory paedophile just happened to be in that area and targeted Madeleine, than the parents did it and hid the body.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member