Prosecutor Juan Martinez releases new book, February 2016 - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
My gosh... DH is as crazy as JA! WOW! He's a little scary!

He is off the deep end, he now thinks that the infamous shoeprint in blood in the bathroom may be attributed to this:

"Severed feet — still inside shoes — keep mysteriously washing up on Pacific Northwest shores"

I can only imagine some of the conspiracy BS that attorneys receive from whackos like him.

Oh, I saw a post by a Marc M. (imagine that) on the nasty site claiming that "there was *advertiser censored* on the computer, Bishop lied, and it is all going to come out and the truth will be known".... makes my head numb!!

That is my guess too since this excerpt from his book says:

"What struck me as significant was that Travis was lying in his bed, a place of obvious emotional comfort, only a few short hours before he was bathed in his own blood. Even more shocking were three final photographs- shot accidentally just minutes later- showing the killer dragging Travis' body into the bathroom. These images were pivotal. Not only could police place her at the crime scene on the day of the murder, they had a virtual playbook of the crime itself. Although I had the palm print and DNA results, the importance of the photographs retrieved from the camera was hard to overstate. If Arias had simply taken the camera from the crime scene and disposed of it on the drive to Utah instead of leaving it behind after deleting the incriminating photographs, I might have never charged her with murder."

YES, Caylee Advocate, this is exactly what I was just writing about! You beat me to it!! :blushing::blushing::lol:

WOW, impressive. Go Juan, go Juan! :fireworks2:

12717514_10207756344561097_5310284661547812326_n.jpg
:juanettes::juanettes:

YES, Caylee Advocate, this is exactly what I was just writing about! You beat me to it!! :blushing::blushing::lol:

Well they say "good minds think alike", so if there are two posts about the same thing.. I doubt anyone will care. LOL

My gosh... DH is as crazy as JA! WOW! He's a little scary!

I love this post, some refer to their spouse as DH, and although some know who DH (Dwight H) is, I'm sure some think you mean your "dear hubby"... I FRIGGING LOVE IT!!!

Her extreme hubris prevented her from doing the smart thing. No amount of dissembling on her part could overcome the evidence against her after she started talking. But hey, that's a good thing.

Genius!

Muwahaha, it's gonna be a :party: in here. I know that I will be taking notes for myself as I get from one insight to another...

Will we all be skipping the 16th, to only come back few hours later after our appetites have been fed and the whole book has been thoroughly read, examined, and critiqued with our prior efforts to resolve the inconsistencies and mysteries to this case? :woot:

And I can't find the post anymore.. but I have the same problem as (all) of us do... case has been over for a while, I can't even* mention (I get 'the look' and verbally banned) TA or 'the thing' anymore. Ughhh..

http://www.amazon.com/Conviction-Untold-Story-Putting-Behind-ebook/dp/B0105VDUSM

Edit: I hadn't realized they used her mugshot on the cover of the book! I like that idea, it's how I imagine Juan's resolve, during and years after handling this case. He knew he'd end up making mince-meat of her. No matter how many bag-o-tricks, the media, or whatnot; JM knew what her face would look like the day she (finally) got put behind Perryville's bars. She was toast. Just another (head)case for him.

Oh good, so it's the Perryville mugshot that shows her true evil and not the smirky, head tilted, tons of makeup one??? Cool!

I love this post, some refer to their spouse as DH, and although some know who DH (Dwight H) is, I'm sure some think you mean your "dear hubby"... I FRIGGING LOVE IT!!!

LOL!! Too funny! I forgot that DH is that , too! For the record my dear hubby is nowhere near as crazy as JA! He's pretty normal! LOLOL!!!! :happydance:
This is when I realize this case has invaded my psyche! :blushing:

He is off the deep end, he now thinks that the infamous shoeprint in blood in the bathroom may be attributed to this:

"Severed feet — still inside shoes — keep mysteriously washing up on Pacific Northwest shores"

I can only imagine some of the conspiracy BS that attorneys receive from whackos like him.

Oh, I saw a post by a Marc M. (imagine that) on the nasty site claiming that "there was *advertiser censored* on the computer, Bishop lied, and it is all going to come out and the truth will be known".... makes my head numb!!

DwH really said that? Wow. He's getting crazier by the day.

snip

The significance of that photo has always confused me. I don't doubt that it shows Jodi's foot and part of the pants she was wearing, since we know she killed him and we know she acted alone. But just based on the photo itself, I don't understand how the foot can be identified as Jodi's.

It was the pant leg that gave her away. I'm sure she thought they were too generic to matter, but EF was clear in the interrogation that that was identified as her pant leg. He could have been lying, but Jodi admitted it was.

I believe that if she had been smart enough to remain silent from the get-go, there would have been a very real possibility that some jurors could have found reasonable doubt.

The fact that she had so much arrogance and believed herself to be smarter than other people, led her to running her mouth, all of which added to the evidence to be used against her; and that was BEFORE the trial. Add to that the many provable lies that came from her 18(?) days on the stand.

Had she said absolutely nothing and lawyered-up from the start, the state would have had a much more uphill climb. Her first ridiculous story (not being there), followed by her second ridiculous story (the ninjas) were just too outlandish to be believable. Her own words were her undoing.

Anyone who has watched any crime shows or movies (or been involved in the Criminal Justice system), knows to ask for an attorney right off the bat. Who knows what would have happened had she done that AND secured the services of a good criminal defense attorney?

Her extreme hubris prevented her from doing the smart thing. No amount of dissembling on her part could overcome the evidence against her after she started talking. But hey, that's a good thing.

Regardless of what JM includes or doesn't write about, I'll always salute him for his brilliant work in using against her the psychological weapons she had forged (literally) to wield against Travis.

1. The sex tape. Intended to expose Travis for being sexually active; became instead the chief instrument of her own humiliation, revealed her as sexual instigator, and brought a fully humanized Travis to life in the courtroom.

2. May 2 sex fantasy. Written by her and sent to herself to try to paint Travis as not only sexually active but depraved. JM used it to expose her as both a manipulative lying liar AND the depraved one.

3. Her doctored journals, with many entries written after the fact. LOL the number of times she had her journals rubbed in her face, especially the January 24 "nothing noteworthy to report," which ironically, another LOL, likely wasn't written after the fact.

I love that JM used so many of her own lies against her (suicide attempt halted because the razor blade nick just hurt too much - "just imagine how much it must have hurt Travis, then, when you stuck that knife in his chest....," etc. etc.), but it is the lies to hurt Travis rebounding on her that I find most satisfying.

That is my guess too since this excerpt from his book says:

"What struck me as significant was that Travis was lying in his bed, a place of obvious emotional comfort, only a few short hours before he was bathed in his own blood. Even more shocking were three final photographs- shot accidentally just minutes later- showing the killer dragging Travis' body into the bathroom. These images were pivotal. Not only could police place her at the crime scene on the day of the murder, they had a virtual playbook of the crime itself. Although I had the palm print and DNA results, the importance of the photographs retrieved from the camera was hard to overstate. If Arias had simply taken the camera from the crime scene and disposed of it on the drive to Utah instead of leaving it behind after deleting the incriminating photographs, I might have never charged her with murder."

Where did you find this excerpt?

Many more like this and I'm gonna be agreeing with Mrs. Norris. I can't believe JM would say he needed the photos to be able to charge her with murder. Should have thought 27 stab wounds, a near decapitation and a final shot in TA's lifeless head would have been convincing enough.

Where did you find this excerpt?

Many more like this and I'm gonna be agreeing with Mrs. Norris. I can't believe JM would say he needed the photos to be able to charge her with murder. Should have thought 27 stab wounds, a near decapitation and a final shot in TA's lifeless head would have been convincing enough.

I'm going to wait and read the whole book before I pass judgement. This, out of context, could mean that this was his first thought when seeing the first of the evidence, but as he learned more of her psychopathy, he saw the whole picture. One small paragraph does not make a complete big picture. I guess we'll see what he thinks in totality next week.

And that quote by itself might be enough to yank the killer's chain as she waits for dribbles of info.... :jail: Because you KNOW she's interested since it's all about HER.

If he ever comes back to see his dear ole lying mom, I hope they throw his butt in jail and charge him with perjury and yank his passport. He is WORSE than the murderer herself.

I'm going to wait and read the whole book before I pass judgement. This, out of context, could mean that this was his first thought when seeing the first of the evidence, but as he learned more of her psychopathy, he saw the whole picture. One small paragraph does not make a complete big picture. I guess we'll see what he thinks in totality next week.

And that quote by itself might be enough to yank the killer's chain as she waits for dribbles of info.... :jail: Because you KNOW she's interested since it's all about HER.

Oh, I'm waiting too. And not for much longer, YAY!

I understand that JM's intended audience almost certainly isn't us- trial watchers who even now are still puzzling our way through what virtually everyone else considers minutia at best.

His must be a more general audience, and I'd be willing to bet he devotes at least a few chapters going over what we'd consider very basic info.

That's all good. As I keep saying, I'd love to see a chapter devoted just to her manipulations of his emails and texts, a chapter analyzing when he thinks she began to consider murder, etc., but given his many constraints, I don't imagine we'll get that.

What would disappoint me is if he doesn't go into great detail about his trial prep, including investigations, and I very much look forward to what he has to say about how he handled crossing the .

Oh, I'm waiting too. And not for much longer, YAY!

I understand that JM's intended audience almost certainly isn't us- trial watchers who even now are still puzzling our way through what virtually everyone else considers minutia at best.

His must be a more general audience, and I'd be willing to bet he devotes at least a few chapters going over what we'd consider very basic info.

That's all good. As I keep saying, I'd love to see a chapter devoted just to her manipulations of his emails and texts, a chapter analyzing when he thinks she began to consider murder, etc., but given his many constraints, I don't imagine we'll get that.

What would disappoint me is if he doesn't go into great detail about his trial prep, including investigations, and I very much look forward to what he has to say about how he handled crossing the .

Didn't have time to add these to my last post (A Chorus Line)::juanettes::juanettes::juanettes::juanettes::juanettes:

I agree. It's also not fair to lump this in the same category as Nurmi's book. Nurmi wrote his book as a way to stick it to his ex-client in the form of post-trial therapy disguised as word salads and verbal diarrhea. I think Juan wrote his book, with the blessing of the Alexander family no less, to help tell Travis' story. :moo:

i hope there are some new insights into travis and who he was in martinez's book.

I just got notification from Amazon that my book has shipped and will be here tomorrow!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong