Beer Can

Okay, I fell over Hi-Lite has surveillance. I even took pics (at the risk of looking like a total idiot). No I hope that the cameras actually work, as opposed to being there just for show. I saw no lights on them.

as you approach the entrance
3613264329_a7471190cd.jpg

ATM, you can see the camera on the left
3613418745_74c0824563.jpg

as you walk in
3613266185_42c223dc02.jpg

inside the store
3614087358_c5634529bd.jpg

Scarlett - thanks once again for the great photography! Those you took of the site itself were incredible...gave me a feeling of being right there.

As for the gloves - is there a pharmacy in that store? Latex gloves can be bought in most large stores, especially those with a pharmacy. And if a person needs sterile latex gloves, the pharmacy is happy to order them. Many people are taking care of the elderly or a sick person at home and need such supplies.

The beer can and the gloves could be from anywhere - many people use the gloves for taking the fish off the hook.

If at all true - they have a cigarette butt, beer can and latex gloves and if there is a DNA match on all three maybe it can be matched to a DNA sample in the banks. A person who smokes, drinks beer, and takes care of an elderly person or a person with disease might be who they are looking for. Or - they belong to a completely innocent person(s). Or - someone is being framed. If someone is being framed, you wouldn't expect to see a sexual assault - I wonder if the cement would prevent DNA from a sex assault from being discovered?

No problem on the pics. It was not out of the way at all. I dropped my daughter off at school and then headed to Hi-lite. It only took me about ten minutes.

I think that people sometimes burn latex gloves to keep bugs away, but I can't remember how I know that and if it is actually true.

No problem on the pics. It was not out of the way at all. I dropped my daughter off at school and then headed to Hi-lite. It only took me about ten minutes.

I think that people sometimes burn latex gloves to keep bugs away, but I can't remember how I know that and if it is actually true.

My parents live in Florida and fish all the time. My mom uses gloves but not latex 'cause she says they 'sweat' too much in the heat. She uses a cloth glove when taking a fish off her hook. I don't fish and I'm allergic to latex - seems like burning would give off an odor. Never heard of burning to keep the bugs away.

Somehow I find the term "lack of respect for the body" oxymoronic. It's hard for me to fathom how a murderer could have lack of respect for the body that reaches higher on the respect scale than the murder itself, i.e. the murder and [assumed] molestation themselves are the ultimate lack of respect for the body. If the murderer had buried her in a casket and put flowers on her grave, he or she still could not, in my mind, be showing the child or the child's body any respect. The ultimate violations had already occurred.

(This term just grates on my nerves, along with "a robbery gone bad," as if robbery itself isn't something "gone bad." Time for some new terms??)

To molest and murder a child is so horrific that encasing the poor child's body in cement is way beyond lack of respect. The acts perpetrated upon her show total lack of humanity whatsoever. This person is an animal, pure and simple.

It's time for unification across our world. We are mad as hell and we aren't going to take the rape and murder of our children any longer! Don't close down Gitmo. House the world's sex offenders and child murderers there. May the rest of their rotten lives be miserable and as filthy as their souls.

Somehow I find the term "lack of respect for the body" oxymoronic. It's hard for me to fathom how a murderer could have lack of respect for the body that reaches higher on the respect scale than the murder itself, i.e. the murder and [assumed] molestation themselves are the ultimate lack of respect for the body. If the murderer had buried her in a casket and put flowers on her grave, he or she still could not, in my mind, be showing the child or the child's body any respect. The ultimate violations had already occurred.

(This term just grates on my nerves, along with "a robbery gone bad," as if robbery itself isn't something "gone bad." Time for some new terms??)

To molest and murder a child is so horrific that encasing the poor child's body in cement is way beyond lack of respect. The acts perpetrated upon her show total lack of humanity whatsoever. This person is an animal, pure and simple.

It's time for unification across our world. We are mad as hell and we aren't going to take the rape and murder of our children any longer! Don't close down Gitmo. House the world's sex offenders and child murderers there. May the rest of their rotten lives be miserable and as filthy as their souls.

QuietStorm: Well said! Seems there are no words to describe encasing Nevaeh's body in such a cruel and horrendous fashion. What kind of person even thinks of doing that to a beautiful child? The twisted and sick thinking of this person is beyond what most minds can imagine. mho

I'm all for either Gitmo or Alcatraz to stash the pedophiles...nothing works with these sickos, nothing!

Also a cigarette butt found on the crime scene as reported by JVM.

Did the little girl`s calculating and yet careless killer try to destroy evidence with that fire? Crime-lab technicians in Michigan are furiously analyzing all this evidence, including a cigarette butt and also beer can reportedly found with the remains. Those items could contain valuable saliva and DNA specimens, et cetera, that could lead cops to the child`s murderer. We hope.

http://edition.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/0906/10/ijvm.01.html

Let's hope that at least something that was found at this popular fishing spot is connected to this case.

I wanted to pop on and share something I saw last night on a forensic file. It was a new episode and it just so happened they were covering a murder in which a beer can was found with the victim.

I do not have a link. But I can tell you this:

The Forensic team was able to get the lot number off the beer can. That lot number was taken to the manufacturer and the manufacturer was able to track it to it's destination at a store.

The store was able to track it from it's delivery to the shelf and then to checkout by the barcode number that is assigned to it.

This particular purchase was not a cash purchase but payment was made electronically. The electronical payment was tracked back to a man who it was eventually determined had committed the murder.

It was not the only piece of forensic evidence against him, but it was supporting evidence.

I just wanted to share that because initially we were all scratching our heads trying to figure out exactly what if any forensic evidence a beer can could provide.

It remains to be seen if this particular beer can is connected to Lindsey. But, I think understanding another aspect of how beer cans (cans in general) can be used to track a perp in other cases.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back