GUILTY TX - Six family members killed in campsite attack, Anderson Co., 14 Nov 2015

Family members have confirmed the identities of the six people killed in Anderson County over the weekend. Carl Johnson, 77, and his daughter Hannah Johnson were discovered early Saturday morning. Carl Johnson's wife, Cynthia Johnson, was the sole survivor of the attack.
---
Hannah Johnson's 6-year-old son Kade Johnson, her boyfriend Thomas Kamp, and Kamp's two oldest children were the bodies found in a pond outside of the arrested man, William Hudson's, house.
---
http://www.wdam.com/story/30531563/family-identifies-6-people-killed-in-anderson-co

[snipped]

All the victims were staying on private property owned by Kamp.

http://dfw.cbslocal.com/2015/11/16/family-confirms-6-killed-at-anderson-county-campsite/

"Campsite" made me think this happened at a campground next to private property. The first 2 victims were found in a trailer per the first article I posted. But, this article sounds like the 2 families (victims) were camping on private property. Is that Hudson's defense - that he felt threatened by these people, including children, who were squatting on his land? If he asked them to leave and they refused, why not call LE? IMO, too many people today think killing someone is the solution to a conflict. :(

[snipped]

All the victims were staying on private property owned by Kamp.

http://dfw.cbslocal.com/2015/11/16/family-confirms-6-killed-at-anderson-county-campsite/

"Campsite" made me think this happened at a campground next to private property. The first 2 victims were found in a trailer per the first article I posted. But, this article sounds like the 2 families (victims) were camping on private property. Is that Hudson's defense - that he felt threatened by these people, including children, who were squatting on his land? If he asked them to leave and they refused, why not call LE? IMO, too many people today think killing someone is the solution to a conflict. :(

It sounds like a land dispute. The crazy thing is now that the guy is going to go to prison for the rest of his life he wont have to worry about his land anymore.

These crazies don't think things through. Call LE and have them mediate land disputes.

I am guessing these other people had moved next door onto the land owned by Kamp and the killer Hudson probably didnt want to recognize boundaries or words got heated and out of hand.

It is sad because nobody wins in the end when shootings like this happen. Everyone loses.

[snipped]

There also wasn’t a motive for the shocking murder spree. Taylor told reporters the victims didn’t know Hudson, who has allegedly been uncooperative with investigators and whose criminal history includes a recent assault.

“We’ve handled him for assault within the last few weeks,” Taylor said. “He was violent, but it wasn’t of this nature.”

One of the victims, who owns a small piece of property next to Hudson’s roughly 50 acres, “bought the land probably to camp,” Taylor said.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articl...sacre-kills-six-including-6-year-old-boy.html

I think you're right, Hatfield. The land they were camping on didn't even belong to Hudson. He probably claimed it as his own, though.

www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3321245/Sheriff-6-dead-campsite-attack-man-charged-murder.html
Three were identified as Carl Johnson, Hannah Johnson and Thomas Kamp
Two of Kamp's sons killed and Hannah's six-year-old son Kade also died

What a hateful act !
Looking at W. Hudson's mugshot , just something in his face.
Like the fictional character, Lester Ballard, in Cormack McCarthy's "Child of God" novel ; he maybe thought they were on his land. but to just go and gun them down ? :(

Whatever his state of mind, or lack thereof... it's hard to feel an ounce of pity for someone who can murder a 6 year-old , much less people who haven't been a threat to you !
Imo.

Rest in peace to the victims.

www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3321245/Sheriff-6-dead-campsite-attack-man-charged-murder.html
Three were identified as Carl Johnson, Hannah Johnson and Thomas Kamp
Two of Kamp's sons killed and Hannah's six-year-old son Kade also died

What a hateful act !
Looking at W. Hudson's mugshot , just something in his face.
Like the fictional character, Lester Ballard, in Cormack McCarthy's "Child of God" novel ; he maybe thought they were on his land. but to just go and gun them down ? :(

Whatever his state of mind, or lack thereof... it's hard to feel an ounce of pity for someone who can murder a 6 year-old , much less people who haven't been a threat to you !
Imo.

Rest in peace to the victims.

BBM Yes, a Lester Ballard type. Child of God certainly was chilling.

I live approximately 25 miles from Palestine. I think I will follow this case.

It sounds like a land dispute. The crazy thing is now that the guy is going to go to prison for the rest of his life he wont have to worry about his land anymore.

These crazies don't think things through. Call LE and have them mediate land disputes.

I am guessing these other people had moved next door onto the land owned by Kamp and the killer Hudson probably didnt want to recognize boundaries or words got heated and out of hand.

It is sad because nobody wins in the end when shootings like this happen. Everyone loses.

My brother and his wife were murdered over 19 inches of land. :(

The warrant says, Hudson "accompanied several family members into the surrounding woods.” Based on the details in the warrant, those four family members appear to be Tom Kamp, his sons and little Kade.

“Cynthia Johnson heard multiple gunshots,” the warrant says. "William returned to the campsite alone.”

More at the link:

http://www.wfaa.com/story/news/crim...survivors-account-campsite-massacre/76020816/

I can't even begin to imagine what that poor woman went through that night. We've all heard of disputes that have turned deadly, but the fact that this guy was hanging out and drinking with them like nothing was wrong, makes it all the more frightening. I figured he shot them all, since it was really the only scenario that made sense to me. How awful; I hope he suffers for the rest of his life.

I wonder how much of a land dispute there's gonna be over that 8 x 10 cell he's going to be caged up in the rest of his life ? Is he going to kill his cellmate over top bunk/bottom bunk rights ?

There's a term for this guy.... "hotheaded ignoramus".

The wife of an East Texas man charged with killing a family at a campsite detailed his violent behavior in a court record almost a decade ago, saying he had punched, pushed and threatened to kill her.

"His temper and violence are getting worse and worse," Catrina Hudson said in a 2006 affidavit. "I am deathly afraid of him, and afraid that he will kill me, and my daughter if he gets the chance."
The mother of a newborn at the time, she asked for and was granted a temporary protective order against William Hudson on the same day she filed for divorce, Not sure if they're still married

http://news.yahoo.com/wife-had-described-man-accused-texas-killings-violent-205807469.html

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrak
Back