Identified! CA - Huntington Beach, WhtFem 40UFCA, 18-30, poss name Andrea, Apr'90 - Andrea Kuiper

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought for sure that this one would have been explored on this thread. But it hasn't. Someone brought up Aundria Bowman as a possible, but nobody has brought up Andrea Durham.

She was listed on today's Charley updates, and I remembered that I had these two cases listed on a tentative possibles list.

Andrea D'Anne Durham
http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/d/durham_andrea.html

2017213450045078242S600x600Q851_zps3728acb1.jpg
2537041980045078242S600x600Q851_zps5462d6a9.jpg

Her name is Andrea (the name Jane Doe went by), she is from the East Coast, and her DLC is exactly 2 months prior to Jane Doe's death. She was thought to have been a run-away (as Jane Doe apparently was)

Her listed height is an inch shorter than Jane Doe's measured height. But at the age of 13, she could have grown an inch since she was last measured.

Aside from a smaller chin, the facial shape is the same. They even have a similar blemish below the lower lip (i.e., if the mark on the recon is not a shadow or an inadvertent mark).

There are several apparent inconsistencies:

She is much younger than the age estimate. But one person who spoke with Jane Doe prior to her death said she looked to be as young as 16. Jane Doe's date of death was three weeks before Andrea Durham's 14th birthday. I would think that a size 40D bra size is a little excessive for a 13-year old, but that is beyond my expertise.

It doesn't appear that she was adopted.

There is no indication that she had prior orthodontics.

The eye colors are different (Andrea's Green vs Jane Doe's Brown), but eye colors are often mistaken.

There are probably too many inconsistencies to explain away, but since there are so few MP's named Andrea, Andrea Durham should at least be mentioned here.

It doesn't appear that she is in NamUs, so we are left to wonder if she has been checked out (or even submitted), or if the powers-that-be decided that there were too many discrepancies to even bother looking.

Here's the link again to the DoeNet page for the UID:
http://doenetwork.org/cases/40ufca.html

FWIW, I was around or bigger than a D-cup by the time I entered high school at 14. Andrea Durham does look a lot like the UID, IMO. I think she's at least worth inquiring about.

Carl,

I've looked at this UID's stats so many times, I remembered the acne scars on her face and the ring she made of her hair..... I think Andrea Bowman was likely too young to have developed acne scars at 13 and her photo's don't appear to show evidence of acne or scars. Also the UID's teeth show signs of previous orthodontics and I think 13 might be a little young to show signs of orthodontics? If not, someone could check if there is dental info for Andrea Bowman.

Also, just speculation but I think UID was closer to her late teens or perhaps someone that might have looked a little younger than her age. Maybe 17 or about that age. Since the UID claimed to have been 25 or 26 I have a hard time imaging a 13 year old would go that age if she were lying about her age. I'd imagine a 13 yr old claiming she was 18 or 19 if they were to try and add a few years. I'd think a 13 yr old would know they couldn't pull off claiming they were 25 of 26.

While I think it is probably unlikely even though the resemblence is there, it is worth checking out the dentals for Andrea Bowman imo.

OT- but I think Andrea Bowmans age progressed doesn't look a thing like her. I saw it and wondered if perhaps it was a mistake? Maybe not but the nose is way off imo.

hth

Carl,

I've looked at this UID's stats so many times, I remembered the acne scars on her face and the ring she made of her hair..... I think Andrea Bowman was likely too young to have developed acne scars at 13 and her photo's don't appear to show evidence of acne or scars. Also the UID's teeth show signs of previous orthodontics and I think 13 might be a little young to show signs of orthodontics? If not, someone could check if there is dental info for Andrea Bowman.

Also, just speculation but I think UID was closer to her late teens or perhaps someone that might have looked a little younger than her age. Maybe 17 or about that age. Since the UID claimed to have been 25 or 26 I have a hard time imaging a 13 year old would go that age if she were lying about her age. I'd imagine a 13 yr old claiming she was 18 or 19 if they were to try and add a few years. I'd think a 13 yr old would know they couldn't pull off claiming they were 25 of 26.

While I think it is probably unlikely even though the resemblence is there, it is worth checking out the dentals for Andrea Bowman imo.

OT- but I think Andrea Bowmans age progressed doesn't look a thing like her. I saw it and wondered if perhaps it was a mistake? Maybe not but the nose is way off imo.

hth

I think you mean Andrea Durham, not Bowman.

I agree this one is doubtful because of the age (as stated before), but there were enough commonalities aside from her name that it deserved mention.

BTW, I'm not real big on age progressions. More often than not, when a person is found after many years, it turns out that they looked nothing like the age progression. Some say that Jaycee's age progression looked just like her, but I didn't think so.

Again, I don't feel real comfortable talking about teenage girls' bra sizes but I guess someone's got to...

40D is a very wide back. D is a fairly big cup size but that doesn't really need much saying about it. 40D seems to be consistent with a weight of 170lbs or more at 5'4", 50lbs over the UID's weight.

In other words, I wouldn't try to read anything into the UID's true age, as it seems quite unlikely that it would have fit - and probably she was wearing it for want of other options, consistent with a background of homelessness and extreme poverty.

Again, I don't feel real comfortable talking about teenage girls' bra sizes but I guess someone's got to...

40D is a very wide back. D is a fairly big cup size but that doesn't really need much saying about it. 40D seems to be consistent with a weight of 170lbs or more at 5'4", 50lbs over the UID's weight.

In other words, I wouldn't try to read anything into the UID's true age, as it seems quite unlikely that it would have fit - and probably she was wearing it for want of other options, consistent with a background of homelessness and extreme poverty.

Well said. I thought the same things but wasn't sure how to phrase it.

I think you mean Andrea Durham, not Bowman.

I agree this one is doubtful because of the age (as stated before), but there were enough commonalities aside from her name that it deserved mention.

BTW, I'm not real big on age progressions. More often than not, when a person is found after many years, it turns out that they looked nothing like the age progression. Some say that Jaycee's age progression looked just like her, but I didn't think so.

Thanks Carl, yes Durham, not Bowman..... I do think it is worth a call to the detective handling Andrea Durhams case to inquire about the dentals.

Unidentified White Female
  • Died on April 1, 1990 in Huntington Beach, Orange County, California as a result of a traffic-related accident.

Vital Statistics
  • Estimated age: 18 - 30 years old
  • Approximate Height and Weight: 5'4"; 122 lbs.
  • Distinguishing Characteristics: Brown eyes; brown hair. Acne scars were visible on her face. Well-nourished build with large breasts. Her feet were size six and she wore black toenail polish.
  • Dentals: Her teeth showed signs of previous orthodontics and she had received dental care shortly before her death. Expensive porcelain dental work. Restorations on back of top front 4 teeth. Dental records and fingerprints are available.
  • Clothing: She was wearing a black cotton dress; a red, long-sleeved shirt; fishnet stockings; a pink sweater; a size 40 D bra; and pink shoes, with the price tags still on. A ring made of human hair was located on her left ring finger. She carried a smooth black stone, and a motel key inscribed with No. 218. She carried no identification and no credit cards.

Case History
This young woman stepped onto Pacific Coast Highway on April Fools' Day, 1990. She was struck first by a Mazda MX-6, then a Lincoln Continental. She died instantly.
When a sketch of her was published in local newspapers, several Huntington Beach residents said they had spoken with her.
Her first name may have been Andrea and she may have been from the East-Coast. She had no permanent home in Orange County. One of the people who had spoken with her said she claimed to be adopted and was trying to find her real family. She said she was from somewhere like Virginia. And she told another person she was from New York. She claimed that she was 25 or 26. But she appeared to be as young as 16.
"Andrea" also spent a night at the home of a mobile-home salesman who took pity on the homeless woman who had few articles of clothing and no money. The family fed her, gave her the back bedroom and gave her some money. "Andrea" apparently took the money and bought clothes at a Goodwill store, including a pair of shoes for $19.95. She was wearing the pink shoes with the price tags still on when she was struck on the highway by two cars.
Her parents, she claimed, were pretty well-known, but she didn't divulge who they were. She had been adopted at a very young age. She didn't have any type of identification. The salesman said the morning "Andrea" left his house, she cut off some of her hair and put it on her finger.

Investigators
If you have any information concerning this woman's identity, please contact:
Orange County Coroner's Office
714-647-7400

You may remain anonymous when submitting information to any agency.
NCIC Number: U-416598679
Please refer to this number when contacting any agency with information regarding this case. Source Information: Orange County Sheriff - Coroner Web Site
The Orange County Register

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/40ufca.html

I would guess LE investigated where the key came from. Maybe if someone had a photo of it and posted it online, it could be determined where it came from. That might help.

What do you all think about this as a possible match? I am new to this site so I cannot search as thoroughly as I would like but I thought I would get your input...

Maria Gabriela Madina ~
Missing: Mar 3, 1989
Height: 5'1"
Weight: 115
Hair: Brown
Eyes: Brown
Missing From: Los Angeles
Report #: 03-0123680 https://identifyus.org/cases/7672

**They both have brown hair and brown eyes, close in height, weight, and age. They are both fom CA. The nose and eyes in the pictures stood out to me as I was looking through the files. I cannot find any other pictures only the one posted on the site...?

When Maria was last seen she was looking for a new job in Los Angeles, CA. Its has been questioned whether the possible Jane Doe was looking for a new identity/start and made up the name and her past? Possible match?

I cannot find a thread for Maria Medina so maybe this has already been discussed or ruled out...?

Maria Medina's Namus and Charley links:
https://www.findthemissing.org/cases/1290/7/
http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/m/medina_maria.html

medina_maria.jpg
40UFCA.jpg

I see facial resemblance.

Question marks:
-MM is listed as Hispanic and JD as white.
-MM has "Birthmark acpproximately 2 1/2" long on left foot, 8" birthmark on left thigh above the knee." Not mentioned in JD description.
-hairstyle? It's hard to tell from the pictures but MM's hair appears to have more curl than JD's and JD wears hers combed back, at least in the drawing. There was time for her to change her hairstyle and who knows how accurately they knew her hairstyle after the accident so it means little.

I think the lack of birthmarks on the UID precludes this as a match. they got her eye color so she was newly deceased so I think they would have found birthmarks if she had any.

Since Jane Doe was hit by 2 cars I thought it might be possible to not see any scars/birthmarks depending on the condition of her body...?

I also read somewhere that MM could be hispanic/white?

I wonder if Maria was an immigrant, or if Spanish was her primary language? I believe that the area where she was working (and also searching for a new job) is near the garment district. There are many manufacturers and sewing-type shops in that area that hire immigrants. If she was originally from Mexico or South America, she would have had an accent, and that would have been noticed by the people who met "Andrea".

Maria Medina's Namus and Charley links:
https://www.findthemissing.org/cases/1290/7/
http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/m/medina_maria.html

medina_maria.jpg
40UFCA.jpg

I see facial resemblance.

Question marks:
-MM is listed as Hispanic and JD as white.
-MM has "Birthmark acpproximately 2 1/2" long on left foot, 8" birthmark on left thigh above the knee." Not mentioned in JD description.
-hairstyle? It's hard to tell from the pictures but MM's hair appears to have more curl than JD's and JD wears hers combed back, at least in the drawing. There was time for her to change her hairstyle and who knows how accurately they knew her hairstyle after the accident so it means little.

This match has been ruled out per Allison O'Neal, Supervising Deputy Coroner, OCSD.

She also states that : "The deceased is still unidentified". "From information in the case someone in the community thought she was a homeless woman with the first name of Andrea from Newport News, VA". "No birthmarks or tattoos. Her toe nails are painted black and she wore a human hair ring". She has a thicker face, upturned nose and she is white Caucasian.

I would like to know for sure that Aundria Bowman was ruled out:

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/b/bowman_aundria.html

Height and weight are very close and the timeline makes sense. Unfortunately, there's not much info on Aundria.

I can't find the UID in Namus, so don't know about DNA. I know Aundria's bio Mom has submitted DNA as a result of Aundria being a possible match to Racine Jane Doe.

I would like to know for sure that Aundria Bowman was ruled out:

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/b/bowman_aundria.html

Height and weight are very close and the timeline makes sense. Unfortunately, there's not much info on Aundria.

I can't find the UID in Namus, so don't know about DNA. I know Aundria's bio Mom has submitted DNA as a result of Aundria being a possible match to Racine Jane Doe.

I read somewhere that Huntington Beach Jane Doe was ruled out as Aundria based on fingerprints.

I was told by Racine WI LE that they had fingerprint records from Aundria that they had taken from an object (IIRC, he said a flute) at Aundria's CPS facility.

At the time, Racine LE wasn't convinced that the fingerprints were valid, so they held off on a rule-out on Racine Jane Doe until DNA from her birth-mother could be compared. But now they also have a DNA-based rule-out of Aundria to Racine JD.

At any rate, even if the fingerprint comparison of Aundria to the Huntington Beach Jane Doe is based on the wrong fingerprints, they also now have Aundria's DNA in CODIS now for a second chance to compare.

BTW, the details do fit pretty close to Aundria, except the history of orthodontics. Another commonality was that although she was born and put up for adoption in New Orleans, she was adopted in Virginia before moving to Michigan.

I looked in Ancestry.com for a list of people named Andrea who lived in Newport News VA, and were born between 1960 and 1972.

Excluding duplicates, it returned 155 names, along with their DOB's.

If I got really ambitious, I could probably eliminate most of them via online name searches. :) A lot of them I can probably eliminate right away because the record dates are after 1990.

I'm not quite that ambitions at this point though. I'm not sure that this is an effective method for getting a comprehensive list.

I read somewhere that Huntington Beach Jane Doe was ruled out as Aundria based on fingerprints.

I was told by Racine WI LE that they had fingerprint records from Aundria that they had taken from an object (IIRC, he said a flute) at Aundria's CPS facility.

At the time, Racine LE wasn't convinced that the fingerprints were valid, so they held off on a rule-out on Racine Jane Doe until DNA from her birth-mother could be compared. But now they also have a DNA-based rule-out of Aundria to Racine JD.

At any rate, even if the fingerprint comparison of Aundria to the Huntington Beach Jane Doe is based on the wrong fingerprints, they also now have Aundria's DNA in CODIS now for a second chance to compare.

BTW, the details do fit pretty close to Aundria, except the history of orthodontics. Another commonality was that although she was born and put up for adoption in New Orleans, she was adopted in Virginia before moving to Michigan.

Thanks so much, Carl. I know they have Aundria's DNA in CODIS now, I'm just wondering about HBJD. And I don't believe we know anything about Aundria's orthodontic care. She seems to have been a ward of the state and I don't trust much of what they have to say, considering they allowed her to fall through the cracks and disappear.

Considering the recent match of the boy thought for so many years to have been a girl, I'm not going to put too much stock into the coroner's reports.

I looked in Ancestry.com for a list of people named Andrea who lived in Newport News VA, and were born between 1960 and 1972.

Excluding duplicates, it returned 155 names, along with their DOB's.

If I got really ambitious, I could probably eliminate most of them via online name searches. :) A lot of them I can probably eliminate right away because the record dates are after 1990.

I'm not quite that ambitions at this point though. I'm not sure that this is an effective method for getting a comprehensive list.

Going through the list wasn't as hard as I thought it would be. Most of them were pretty easy to eliminate based on address records dated after 1990.

I was left with only two people named Andrea who have lived in Newport News with DOB's between 1961 and 1972, and have no apparent activity later than 1990.

I'm not too confident that this is leading me anywhere though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
legalpyro74