All Things Jose Baez Questions, Comments, Actions , Discussion #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
In re: The possibility of a change of venue. I hope that the people of Orlando get to carry this trial through to the end. It takes a village and this "village" has the right to make a determination on the fate of one of their own. Caylee was in their midst. Let the fate be decided there, too.

I live about 45 minutes from the Anthony's, and I can tell you KC is better off staying in Orange County. There will be protesters all over the place if we have to pay for a COV. Since JB is stating she is innocent what does it matter where the trial takes place anyway. Bring in on!

Is this the article? What a dreadful reputation he brought with him into his profession...
http://www.tcpalm.com/news/2009/may/03/casey-anthonys-lawyer-jose-baez-rejected-florida-b/
BBM.

There are so many things that bother me in this article, but one of the things that really sticks out is this...

When Jose was denied admission to the FL bar he decides to start two nonprofits to show the bar what a fine and upstanding citizen he is. As the article linked below states...

"An applicant denied admission to the Bar can reapply after two years or other such period set by the Bar examiners."

"The court requires them to produce "clear and convincing evidence of rehabilitation," such as strict compliance with judicial or administrative orders, assurances to "conduct one's self in an exemplary manner" and demonstrations of excellent character, good reputation for professional ability and "positive action" in their occupation, religion or community or civic service."

The first nonprofit Jose initiated was the Miami Domestic Violence Project, started in 2001, this group dissolved in two years. I wonder how many domestic violence victims it served ?

Jose's second attempt to regain favor with the bar was another non profit (started in 2004) called "Miracles For Chidren"...it continued until Sept. 16, 2005.

Curious that he had a nonprofit for children when two of his murder clients, one already convicted and sentenced, the other awaiting trial, are accused of murdering very young children.

On Sept 22, 2005 Jose was admitted to practice law in the state of Florida. This came only one week after his "Miracles For Children" nonprofit was discontinued.

http://www.tcpalm.com/news/2009/may/03/casey-anthonys-lawyer-jose-baez-rejected-florida-b/

It is clear to me that Jose used these nonprofits only to gain favor for admittance in to the Florida bar, as both of them were dissolved after a year, one of them lasted a whole two years. I would be interested to know how many people these nonprofits served and what Jose's role was in their operation.

I would also like to know about the impact on the people these nonprofits served when the groups were discontinued (that is assuming there were people who were served by these groups).

It makes me wonder how he could have convinced so many other well known attorneys to join his team. It couldn't have been on his own merit!

I don't believe HE had to convince anyone to join his "team". The pure nature of the high profile status, media attention, etc. did, imho. However, I do believe more than a few have jumped ship already...I just think we are not publicly aware of it yet.

BBM.

There are so many things that bother me in this article, but one of the things that really sticks out is this...

When Jose was denied admission to the FL bar he decides to start two nonprofits to show the bar what a fine and upstanding citizen he is. As the article linked below states...

"An applicant denied admission to the Bar can reapply after two years or other such period set by the Bar examiners."

"The court requires them to produce "clear and convincing evidence of rehabilitation," such as strict compliance with judicial or administrative orders, assurances to "conduct one's self in an exemplary manner" and demonstrations of excellent character, good reputation for professional ability and "positive action" in their occupation, religion or community or civic service."

The first nonprofit Jose initiated was the Miami Domestic Violence Project, started in 2001, this group dissolved in two years. I wonder how many domestic violence victims it served ?

Jose's second attempt to regain favor with the bar was another non profit (started in 2004) called "Miracles For Chidren"...it continued until Sept. 16, 2005.

Curious that he had a nonprofit for children when two of his murder clients, one already convicted and sentenced, the other awaiting trial, are accused of murdering very young children.

On Sept 22, 2005 Jose was admitted to practice law in the state of Florida. This came only one week after his "Miracles For Children" nonprofit was discontinued.

It is clear to me that Jose used these nonprofits only to gain favor for admittance in to the Florida bar, as both of them were dissolved after a year, one of them lasted a whole two years. I would be interested to know how many people these nonprofits served and what Jose's role was in their operation.
I would also like to know about the impact on the people these nonprofits served when the groups were discontinued (that is assuming there were people who were served by these groups).

If I am recalling correctly, there was a thread about this article back when it appeared in the Sentinel (it was front page on Sunday issue if I recall correctly). Many sleuthers researched these non-profits and if I am recalling correctly, it was brought to light that they were basically shell non-profits (little to no activity) created for a specific purpose (BAR).

Don't recall if posts about it were in a "dedicated thread (e.g. Baez Sentinel article) or buried in another ongoing thread at the time.

Wonder if JB also knows the folks at NLHF and KFN?? Talk about shell charities! I always wondered how they managed to find the Anthonys.

NLHF has principles operating out of Orlando, but they also have Miami ties.

Brought this over from the Current News page from "Angle Who Cares"....

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news...y-equusearch-records-20091123,0,6785687.story

How many times is Baez gonna waste the courts time with these same motions?? ANOTHER person perhaps to consider a "suspect" and ruin their reputation and drag them thru the mud because their ex or "estranged" family has an axe to grind??

Respectfully snipped from "Searchfortruth"'s post #242

http://www.tcpalm.com/news/2009/may/...ted-florida-b/

Can the prosecution do a "Motion in Limine" to include all this info about the lead defense attorney?? I mean if this whole joke af a case has come down to ruining perfectly innocent peoples reputations...

I evidently suck at searching for past threads....wanted to put this out for discussion but can't find the old thread....
Sorry OT here - but it has to do with clown boy...
This is in today's current news thread:
Casey Anthony's attorneys want Texas EquuSearch to turn over all of its records
November 23, 2009
<snipped>
Jose Baez filed the paperwork in court Monday asking the judge to order EquuSearch founder Tim Miller to turn over information &#8212; such as names and phone numbers &#8212; for the thousands who volunteered to look for the missing 2-year-old Orange County girl.

The nonprofit, represented by Orlando attorney Mark NeJame, has given Casey Anthony's defense attorneys information about 32 people who searched in the area between Hidden Oaks Elementary School and the area near Suburban and Hopespring drives, where Caylee's body was found.

Article:
http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/...,6785687.story

HAVEN'T WE BEEN THROUGH THIS ONCE ALREADY AND JS HAS MADE HIS RULING????? WHAT IS UP WITH THIS GUY

SNIPPED FOR BREVITY

HAVEN'T WE BEEN THROUGH THIS ONCE ALREADY AND JS HAS MADE HIS RULING????? WHAT IS UP WITH THIS GUY

I just came to post same thing after reading Current News thread for today.

I would assume that JS would entertain the discussion of this motion again if Baez can prove that he has new information that leads him to believe that he now needs ALL records, as opposed to the "limited scope" records that MN agreed to share.

So my question is.....is the story in Current News about Joy Wray now stating that she is in possession of a video that will prove the body was not off Suburban in November (will be interviewed by OCSD detective on Monday?) the "new information" that Baez is basing the refiling of this motion on??

Surely Baez is not silly enough to consider that anything JW claims to hold would have any validity at all? She is another "dangerously obsessed with the Caylee case" with a little bit of :crazy: thrown in!

I just came to post same thing after reading Current News thread for today.

I would assume that JS would entertain the discussion of this motion again if Baez can prove that he has new information that leads him to believe that he now needs ALL records, as opposed to the "limited scope" records that MN agreed to share.

So my question is.....is the story in Current News about Joy Wray now stating that she is in possession of a video that will prove the body was not off Suburban in November (will be interviewed by OCSD detective on Monday?) the "new information" that Baez is basing the refiling of this motion on??

Surely Baez is not silly enough to consider that anything JW claims to hold would have any validity at all? She is another "dangerously obsessed with the Caylee case" with a little bit of :crazy: thrown in!

It's the only thing he's got....he'll jump at anything that he thinks will help him and his lame defense. I just wish he would jump off a high building

Speaking of JoseBGood....

I sure hope none of you have finalized any vacation time for this summer when this trial is supposed to start!

I predict we will not see a trial until late in 2010, if not early 2011.

In reviewing all the case documents of all the (few!) cases that JoseBGood has brought before a judge (a few drug related, one murder trial, this latest attempted murder dude), he has filed SEVERAL continuances in a row (every time a trial date has been posted) due to "defense not prepared" in ALL his cases.

I do not think this case will be any different (it is all he knows to do correctly) and he knows there is no hope that the potential of KC leaving a jail cell anytime soon is nil...ZIP...nada! (fraud case).

So sit tight....I imagine there is going to be a lot more fun and games before a jury is even considered!!

JMHO!

It's the only thing he's got....he'll jump at anything that he thinks will help him and his lame defense. I just wish he would jump off a high building

Of course! It's the infamous "Spaghetti Defense".

Remember the discovery docs of emails between CA and DC (with a little bit of JB "good job Buttercup" when they were going after the Grunds with outrageous claims of devil worshiping, child sacrifices, etc), but were unable to get that to STICK?

So they moved on to Kronk and thought maybe they had something with the help of ex-family. But I think they have figured out that that won't stick either (especially in light of suggestion that motions are not even valid).

So now on to Joy Wray testimony and proof....which ain't gonna fly either.

Damn spaghetti just won't stick!!!

Who is next??????

CA better HOPE it is not her....cause spaghetti might just land and stick in her mouth if she doesn't learn to keep it shut!

I evidently suck at searching for past threads....wanted to put this out for discussion but can't find the old thread....
Sorry OT here - but it has to do with clown boy...
This is in today's current news thread:
Casey Anthony's attorneys want Texas EquuSearch to turn over all of its records
November 23, 2009
<snipped>
Jose Baez filed the paperwork in court Monday asking the judge to order EquuSearch founder Tim Miller to turn over information — such as names and phone numbers — for the thousands who volunteered to look for the missing 2-year-old Orange County girl.

The nonprofit, represented by Orlando attorney Mark NeJame, has given Casey Anthony's defense attorneys information about 32 people who searched in the area between Hidden Oaks Elementary School and the area near Suburban and Hopespring drives, where Caylee's body was found.

Article:
http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/...,6785687.story

My thoughts exactly! JS did rule on this already, he ruled on the 32 or so Volunteers and that is what Baez got. I also would like to know what will be next. If JS already ruled on this matter, can Baez just keep filing all these motions after a judge has ruled on them? What are the repercussions of Baez doing so? He is wasting Time and Money...the judge is not going to be to happy "IMO".

I'm a bit lost...have not kept up to date with what is going on or just missed this person. Who is JILL KERLEY and how did she end up in this mess?

"Snip" Angel Who Cares

Criminal Murder Case Docket Updated

11/19/2009---Motion-----TO TAKE DEPOSITION TO PERPETUATE TESTIMONY OF JILL KERLEY

I'm a bit lost...have not kept up to date with what is going on or just missed this person. Who is JILL KERLEY and how did she end up in this mess?

She's one of Kronk's ex-wives. I think she's the one with the shifty eyes whose first impression upon hearing that Kronk found Caylee was that "he had probably killed her".

My thoughts exactly! JS did rule on this already, he ruled on the 32 or so Volunteers and that is what Baez got. I also would like to know what will be next. If JS already ruled on this matter, can Baez just keep filing all these motions after a judge has ruled on them? What are the repercussions of Baez doing so? He is wasting Time and Money...the judge is not going to be to happy "IMO".

This is just an assumption (since I am NOT an attorney nor play one on the internet) but during past hearings, when JS has denied a motion, he has then stated to JB that if the situation changes (or something to that effect) that he can always refile the motion....)

So I am assuming that yes, he can refile it but better be sure he has new information on which to base JS reconsideration.....

This is just an assumption (since I am NOT an attorney nor play one on the internet) but during past hearings, when JS has denied a motion, he has then stated to JB that if the situation changes (or something to that effect) that he can always refile the motion....)

So I am assuming that yes, he can refile it but better be sure he has new information on which to base JS reconsideration.....

Well, I doubt he would. This is like those bombshells that an attorney will say in court that they know will be stricken from the record, all the while knowing that the jury may not be able to strike it from their minds. Damage done.

I think this has big backfire written all over it though, from what we are reading here. I'd like to do a survey and see how young someone would need to be to see through this. Think fifth grade would do it?

In the past when the Defense spin gets active we usually expect a Doc Dump.
Then they set up potential Perps. They flew by us JG as a potential suspect, wasn't flying.
Recently, they attacked Kronk.

IMO, there next move will be Change of Venue.

Just remember folks.......even if JB's motions, memos, blah blah blah, irritate you now.........he is exhausting all avenues he can.* The more he shovels in now....the less he can argue later as grounds for appeal.* I for one, fully expect, anticipate, and really....encourage it now.* With every effort made now......we can check one off the list for later.* Come on.....in lieu of daily doc dumps, this is like crack for an addict isn't it??

BBM.

I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for proof that JB's nonprofits benefitted anyone. JMO is that they were just fronts that did nothing except to help get him accepted to the bar. :furious:

If I am recalling correctly, there was a thread about this article back when it appeared in the Sentinel (it was front page on Sunday issue if I recall correctly). Many sleuthers researched these non-profits and if I am recalling correctly, it was brought to light that they were basically shell non-profits (little to no activity) created for a specific purpose (BAR).
Don't recall if posts about it were in a "dedicated thread (e.g. Baez Sentinel article) or buried in another ongoing thread at the time.

BINGO...should have read further before posting. ^5 KjbK!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RayaCo