That One Key Piece of Guilty Evidence

Status
Not open for further replies.

PaperDoll

When I'm Silent, I make the most sense
Reaction score
I understand at this time we don't have all the details of the case; however, with what we do have at this point what is the one thing (evidence) that makes him guilty in your eyes that you just can seem to get pass? I understand that there are many pieces to the puzzle which all adds up to either guilty or not guilty but there has to be one piece of evidence that screams his GUILT while all the rest is just secondary.

Mine is he claims he forgot Cooper after less than a minute of strapping him into his car seat, didn't see him ONCE while driving out of CFA, then after work he FINALLY discovers him.. Yes, all the other evidence in my eyes proves he's guilty, but this one screams guilty to me the most.

The small interior of the car and how the car seat looked inside of it...and not seeing Cooper in his car seat. 3 different times. Unless he is blind and we do not know it, he is guilty.

Forgetting him less than a minute after strapping him in does it for me.

I was thinking about this after dropping my boys off at daycare. I can understand (somewhat) how accidents like this happen, if you are a new parent to a tiny infant that sleeps all the time in a rear facing car seat (you can't see them in the seat unless you have a mirror on the headrest). You are not used to them being in the car, you have a long drive to daycare, get distracted, etc. I see how it could happen.

BUT in this case Cooper was almost TWO YEARS OLD. How many hundreds of trips in the car did they make with him? You get used to having them there and checking on them during the drive by looking in the mirror, or talking to them, or looking back when you get to a stoplight, or fetching something off the floor. It is really weird for me when I go somewhere without my kids. I still look back to see them out of habit. I still check the seats when I get out and have a "duh they are with daddy, grandma, etc" moment.

The 30 seconds in the car - this seem like he is making a deliberate decision to leave. This car-sitting time, imo, looks very cold. I can't believe Cooper was silent or still during this time, imo.

And the phone calls at the shopping center. I know people react strangely in emergencies, but I can't imagine leaving my child's side so quickly. Why call anyone? Even calling a spouse seems so distant in those immediate first minutes. I think the phone calls show he already was distant and removed from his child, imo. If he just discovered the "accident," imo, he would still be holding out hope and would at least be with the child and responders. The phone calls really bother me.

The smell. Even if by some chance the experts are wrong and it was just a dirty diaper or sweat, organic things that sit in the car for 7 hours are hard to miss.

The computer searches...all of them (the animals in hot cars, the how to survive prison, the child free living...).

All of it. Just the totality of all of it.

His reported demeanor in the jail as reported in the NE.

Not seeing CH in the car when he went to drop off the lightbulbs. No way.

Screaming he killed his child when he could not see his face because CH was rear facing. How would he know ? He could not know that for sure .

The getting on the phone while others are doing CPR.

Oh oh. More than one piece

Great idea for a thread Paperdoll!

I'm going to actually follow the rules this time and only list the ONE key piece of evidence that seals the deal for me.

There is NO WAY that RH could have forgotten about Cooper in 30 seconds after strapping him tightly in his car seat and kissing his face. Absolutely no way.

Backing into the parking space with Cooper's head sticking up above his infant car seat.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

Googling hot car deaths 5 days before his son suffered a hot car death got me pretty much up there - then 30 seconds to forget pushed me right over the edge.
Are you kidding me?? 30 seconds?? 30 seconds!!.

It was like deja vu - same feeling I had when I first heard Caylee Anthony had been missing for 30 days before her mother reported it. Are you kidding me?? 30 days?? 30 days!!

"I dreaded how he would look." That statement sent chills down my spine when the detective repeated it on the stand. It encapsulates the premeditation and complete understand of EXACTLY what he was doing willingly to his child (HIS CHILD!).

Backing into the parking space with Cooper's head sticking up above his infant car seat.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

I think I stand corrected. He didn't back into the spot, but backed up in the lot.

"According to ABC, the video shows that when Ross Harris arrived to work that morning, he "passes a parking space, backs up the vehicle several feet and then pulls into a parking space near the back of the lot. Harris then exits the vehicle and walks into his office building."

http://www.examiner.com/article/ret...ris-hot-car-death-ross-harris-shocking-tweets

I'm going to stick with Cooper's head being visible over the top of the Chicco KeyFit 30 as the one thing I can't get past. I have a toddler that is the same age as Cooper, as well as a Chicco KeyFit 30, and the idea that he wouldn't have noticed his head above the seat is crazy. The idea of even putting a child that age in a baby bucket seems nuts. Most people only use them for the first year, and then switch to a bigger rear facing convertible or forward facing car seat.

I just put my 23 month old in our old one, and the whole top of her head sticks out. When she is riding RF in her convertible car seat, she is almost completely hidden. Not even close with the infant seat.

The fact he strapped his son in his car seat, kissed him and then claims he forgot him in under 40 seconds. Forgotten Baby Syndrome doesn't happen that quickly.

The short ride from CFA to RH's workplace with Cooper strapped into his carseat. I just know in my heart that precious baby must have been chatting away to his daddy and moving and generally making himself heard after the excitement of going to breakfast. I can't bear to think how terrified Cooper must have been in that hot car scratching at his little face and banging his head back and forth against the carseat wondering where his daddy was and why daddy left him in the car alone. I just pray that little Cooper did die quickly.

For me, it would be that he ignored what must have been a terrible odour. He got into that car and started driving and I just can't believe that he didn't smell something truly awful. In all the other cases I have read about, the parents realized what had happened as soon as they opened the car door. NONE ever got in, started the car, and drove down the road before pulling over to announce to the people around that they had killed their children. I think he believed he would look more innocent if he seemed to be casually driving to a movie and only pulled over when he "heard the baby choking." Either that, or he wanted to discover the baby's death away from his work location but in a public area. I just can't see an innocent reason for getting into a hot car that must have had a terrible smell and then driving away without ever investigating the cause of the odour.

Hello Everyone!

I found this forum when I was following the Casey Anthony case, but don’t think I’ve ever posted anything.

I SWORE I would not get sucked up and get emotionally invested in another trial – like many others, I wept when the verdict came in - but this one just jumped at me.

If I had to choose one thing, I would say the fact that he backed his car up into the parking lot. He was so focused on finding a spot and parking in a way that passers-by would not see Cooper, he completely forgot the fact that one has to look back and around when backing up into a space. His “I didn’t know he was in there” is not plausible considering the actions required when backing up.

I’ve read the musings that perhaps he used his backup camera. I also have a newer car with a backup camera. But, because I am SO conditioned to looking EVERYWHERE before backing up, looking at the camera is just about the last thing I rely on. I use it only when backing up directly so that I can get close to the car already parked behind me without hitting it, which was not this situation.

And, for what it’s worth, because I have the experience of raising 2 children, it is unfathomable to me that a TODDLER was forgotten – not an infant – toddlers are very active and lively at this developmental stage -

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RayaCo