The Castro Brothers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Police are saying brothers knew nothing. So doesn't appear they have anything to sing about.

Ariel doesn't strike me as the type to share in the first place but even in the most dysfunctional family it is a huge leap to say "hey bro lets kidnap some girls and keep them for years, come help me"

They were pretty emphatic in their statement that there was no evidence against them

Some additional insights on how Ariel treated his ex-wife in this article: http://www.necn.com/05/09/13/Police...twic/landing.html?blockID=840457&feedID=11106

"The filing for a protective order by Grimilda Figueroa also said that Castro frequently abducted her daughters and kept them from her. Figueroa died in April 2012 after a battle with cancer.

Figueroa's father, Ismail Figueroa, said Wednesday that Castro would regularly lock his daughter inside a second-floor apartment in the house where they lived when they were first together.

Later, when they moved a few blocks to the house Castro purchased - the house from which, years later, the women would escape - he kept a close eye on her and refused to let people come inside to visit her or even let her pick up their children from school, said Angel Villanueva, who is married to Grimilda Figueroa's sister.

Grimilda was "not allowed to go nowhere," said Villanueva. No matter where she wanted to go, "it had to be with him.""

Some additional insights on how Ariel treated his ex-wife in this article: http://www.necn.com/05/09/13/Police...twic/landing.html?blockID=840457&feedID=11106

"The filing for a protective order by Grimilda Figueroa also said that Castro frequently abducted her daughters and kept them from her. Figueroa died in April 2012 after a battle with cancer.

Figueroa's father, Ismail Figueroa, said Wednesday that Castro would regularly lock his daughter inside a second-floor apartment in the house where they lived when they were first together.

Later, when they moved a few blocks to the house Castro purchased - the house from which, years later, the women would escape - he kept a close eye on her and refused to let people come inside to visit her or even let her pick up their children from school, said Angel Villanueva, who is married to Grimilda Figueroa's sister.

Grimilda was "not allowed to go nowhere," said Villanueva. No matter where she wanted to go, "it had to be with him.""

His whole family would have to be messed up because of him.

Regarding the court case re sexual abuse of his daughters by that other guy:

It may appears he had some control over his daughters if he was able to frame the mothers new boyfriend and get them to lie. He seems very controlling. Why would they lie for him? They weren't even living with him but must have been living in fear of him.

Very, very messed up.

Neighbors have told the media that Ariel Castro was often spotted carrying bags of McDonald's into the house, ostensibly to feed his captives. Today, more sick details of how he sustained the women are emerging. The New York Post reports that he passed them food through holes in a door. But the New York Times shares the worst detail of all: A cousin of one of the women says Castro served them cake each year—not to mark their birthdays, but rather the date of their abductions.
http://www.newser.com/story/167653/...&utm_medium=slate&utm_campaign=greatfinds_rss

I am sorry, do you really think a private citizen was supposed to solve this crime instead of police and FBI?

No obviously that is not what I meant...

All I was saying is that if it were me and if in my gut I really believed that someone was involved in a serious crime I would continue to report it, I'd talk to others about it and encourage them to report it too.
I have no idea what your set up is in the USA, but here in Australia we have a crime stoppers hotline where you can call in any info you have about a crime. Which I've indeed done before.

So what I was getting at is that if Colon genuinely believed that Castro was guilty IMO he should have pushed the point. There are always ways. Maybe he was just stirring Castro and didn't actually think he had anything to do with it and was just trying to get back at him??

Otherwise it comes down to people turning a blind eye, not following through on things. Imagine if Angel and Charles turned a blind eye?

Brothers weren't in McDonalds.
Police found one of them passed out in front of his mother's house (where he lives). Not sure where the other one was.

No obviously that is not what I meant...

I think it's very obvious Colon didn't have any evidence against Ariel Castro.
I don't understand why you keep insisting he should have been doing something, when neither police nor FBI did anything.
Mr. Colon was actually convicted of molestation and has not been able to find a job since then. He insists he was being framed. What is it do you think he could have possibly done?

Great. Now how are these guys going to get the kidnapper/rapist association with their brother erased? They've been portrayed by media as being involved in this...

Police are protecting them. I'm guessing because of the vigilanty types that think they know more than the girls or the police or the prosecutors.

We are going to move away from sleuthing Ariel Castro's brothers unless new evidence emerges that they were involved.

Pedro Castro: If I knew I would have reported it -- brother, or no brother
By Melissa Gray and Martin Savidge, CNN
updated 2:57 PM EDT, Sun May 12, 2013

Pedro, 54, and Onil Casto, 50, told CNN's Martin Savidge that they had no knowledge of their 52-year-old brother's alleged crimes. "It’s going to haunt me down because people going to think, 'Yeah, Pedro got something to do with this,'" Pedro Castro said in an excerpt from the interview released Sunday. "And Pedro don’t have nothing to do with this. If I knew, I would have reported it—brother or no brother.”
video and article at the link

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member