Yearbook searches

If there is a connection to the family that lived at the Boise address and therefore, Capital High School, shouldn't we be looking that school's yearbooks from the 1970's? As fred&edna pointed out, the son graduated in 1978. The daughters were older.

If there is a connection to the family that lived at the Boise address and therefore, Capital High School, shouldn't we be looking that school's yearbooks from the 1970's? As fred&edna pointed out, the son graduated in 1978. The daughters were older.

Yes, but all I have available on ancestry is 86 and 87. :/
If anyone is on classmates, they might have earlier years...

Yes, but all I have available on ancestry is 86 and 87. :/
If anyone is on classmates, they might have earlier years...

The only ones on classmates are early. I did go ahead and check through freshmen and sophomore class of 1976 and didn't find anything.

I also didn't find a brother or anyone with that last name, but maybe I was looking for the wrong name. Are we talking about BST's brother?

The only ones on classmates are early. I did go ahead and check through freshmen and sophomore class of 1976 and didn't find anything.

I also didn't find a brother or anyone with that last name, but maybe I was looking for the wrong name. Are we talking about BST's brother?

Thanks for scanning!!
So that was capital high 1976 fresh and soph scanned for LEK!

From my uderstanding, the connection to here lies with the children of the homeowners of el cabello. Nothing to do with the T last name. One son of the homeowner went to this school apparently.

You would be scanning Capital High School, Boise ID during the years 1970-1977 for a facial resemblance only to LEKR... not a name.

Also, I "think" the Capital High girls' basketball team won state championship in 1977... LEKR was tall... just something to keep in mind.

It's a long shot and I'd do it myself if I could.

I believe 1980's would be too late. I hope the '70s are available somewhere.

You would be scanning Capital High School, Boise ID during the years 1970-1977 for a facial resemblance only to LEKR... not a name.

Also, I "think" the Capital High girls' basketball team won state championship in 1977... LEKR was tall... just something to keep in mind.

It's a long shot and I'd do it myself if I could.

I believe 1980's would be too late. I hope the '70s are available somewhere.

Yes, I did that, and also the basketball team but didn't see anyone who resembled her, although I have to add that the photos for the fresh and soph classes are quite tiny.

Yes, I did that, and also the basketball team but didn't see anyone who resembled her, although I have to add that the photos for the fresh and soph classes are quite tiny.

What patience that must have taken!! Thank you.

Barker is the last name of the graduate who lived at El Caballo.

I wonder why Lori chose that El Caballo address?? It's all sooo puzzling.

What patience that must have taken!! Thank you.

Barker is the last name of the graduate who lived at El Caballo.

I wonder why Lori chose that El Caballo address?? It's all sooo puzzling.

Omg, I went back and am now finding the 1978 yearbook for Capital High. I can't figure out why it wasn't showing up earlier. And there is a JB in several photos: Marching Band including MB officer, National Honor Society, and Student Body Corresponding Secretary. and of course his Senior photo.

What's even more interesting, is that there is a photo of a LJ that, IMO, looks very much like our LEK, just with shorter hair. First name same as our LEK. Page 192, 4th row, 3rd photo. I haven't found a way to copy the photo, don't think classmates will let me.

BTW, there are two LJ's, this girl is the second LJ, not the first.

Also, IIRC, wasn't there something posted somewhere in this forum about a "Johnson"?

Omg, I went back and am now finding the 1978 yearbook for Capital High. I can't figure out why it wasn't showing up earlier. And there is a JB in several photos: Marching Band including MB officer, National Honor Society, and Student Body Corresponding Secretary. and of course his Senior photo.

What's even more interesting, is that there is a photo of a LJ that, IMO, looks very much like our LEK, just with shorter hair. First name same as our LEK. Page 192, 4th row, 3rd photo. I haven't found a way to copy the photo, don't think classmates will let me.

Also, IIRC, wasn't there something posted somewhere in this forum about a "Johnson"?

Hit the print screen button on the top of your keyboard, paste into Paint and save. Crop it if you know how.

Also, if you are on an iPhone or iPad, press the power button on the top and the home button on the front at the same time and it will take a screen shot automatically saved to your camera roll!:)

Can you use a "screen shot" tool of some sort?? I use google chrome and have this ability... can copy web page screen shots to my computer.

I now have it cropped and saved, but am having problems pasting it here. Any suggestions?

I now have it cropped and saved, but am having problems pasting it here. Any suggestions?

"Go Advanced" and use the attachment (paper clip) option in your post... upload from computer.

Finally, for some reason the "attachment" window wasn't opening, guess it has a mind of it's own, lol.

0196.gif

ETA: I know this is tiny. But if you click on it it pops up and is a little larger.

There is a resemblance.... and one thing I notice is... she has a long neck much like LEKR, doesn't she? Can't be sure. That pose... I don't know.

Finally, for some reason the "attachment" window wasn't opening, guess it has a mind of it's own, lol.

View attachment 36080

ETA: I know this is tiny. But if you click on it it pops up and is a little larger.

Thank you again :)

'Maybe there is info in ancestry for an LJ born in 1960, Idaho?

Thank you again :)

'Maybe there is info in ancestry for an LJ born in 1960, Idaho?

I haven't found any born in Idaho. Just in San Bernadino, LA, and Santa Clara during that time frame.

I occasionally will still search yearbooks and I keep coming back to one girl who went to the same high school as a Turner sister (if I am remembering correctly how I found her). She is not missing that I know of, but have been unable to track her down after 1983. I can't post her here, but does anyone who is good at locating recent info want to take a look and see if you can find anything on her? In my opinion, there is a very strong resemblance...

I could take a look, although I can't make any promises. I recently managed to track down various old friends from my school days online (a rather long time ago!), so if you were to give me the info that you do have, I could try my best, although I am not nearly as good at that type of thing as Linda for example.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Melladanielle
Back