Maricopa Jane Doe 1999 Thread #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm confused about the police report. It's been nearly 10 years, we finally have a police report and where is it? The reason why (IMO) this child hasn't been identified so far is that a select few have access to all of the information and haven't put out enough info for others to help. Or it sounds like a lot of information was omitted. (Like the ring and the clothing.) Is this happening again? Someone said it was posted then taken down? Does anyone know why? The police report is public information, so there shouldn't be any problem with posting it.

Regarding Alonzo Decarlos Fernandez. His birthday is July 28, 1972. He was charged with Reckless Manslaughter and possession and use of Marijuana. He plead down to Hit and Run Death/Injury. The court case number is [FONT=&quot]S-1100-CR-99025155.[/FONT]

My understanding of the police report was that it was posted yesterday as a link to a PDF until someone noticed that there was legal language indicating how it could and could not be disseminated. Someone is checking with LE to see if we can put it back up. until then, PM mod Christine2448 with your email address and she can send it to you....

What makes the process important is that how we handle this report could impact how easily we can obtain reports like this in the future. If we handle it in a sensitive, respectful manner and use it as a tool to ID MJD, I can forsee having an easier time obtaining them. JMO.

Not a single one of you intelligent, savvy individuals is being "left out."

Does someone who is an advocate for Coral Hall being a match want to check with LE to see exactly what kind of neck scar she had and how accurate her height measurement might be? I am on and offline this weekend while I am finishing up the process of moving, otherwise I would be happy to help.

My understanding of the police report was that it was posted yesterday as a link to a PDF until someone noticed that there was legal language indicating how it could and could not be disseminated. quote]

Ah, thats what I was kind of thinking. You'd think I'd have figured it out though since I was the one who posted about the legal language:doh: duh. Thanks for that Believe:)

Thats a good idea about Coral Hall- I'm not going to be around/available much for the next week either so I don't think I can do the Coral Hall thing, I have family coming into town in a little while. Anybody else want to do it?

edit-- Here's the link to a more recent story about Coral Hall. I've got to run to the airport but there is a Flint police Sgt who seems to be working on the case mentioned in this article & its recent- he may be the guy to contact?
"Flint Police Take Fresh Look at Teens Disappearance" from march 08
http://blog.mlive.com/flintjournal/newsnow/2008/03/flint_mich_police_take_fresh_l.html
and also this one from April- same sgt is quoted?
http://blog.mlive.com/flintjournal/newsnow/2008/04/sightings_of_coral_hall_missin.html

Regarding Alonzo Decarlos Fernandez. His birthday is July 28, 1972. He was charged with Reckless Manslaughter and possession and use of Marijuana. He plead down to Hit and Run Death/Injury. The court case number is [FONT=&quot]S-1100-CR-99025155.[/FONT]
I apologize, Somehow, I had his last name as Hernandez instead of Fernandez. Thank you for the information.

My understanding of the police report was that it was posted yesterday as a link to a PDF until someone noticed that there was legal language indicating how it could and could not be disseminated. quote]

Ah, thats what I was kind of thinking. You'd think I'd have figured it out though since I was the one who posted about the legal language:doh: duh. Thanks for that Believe:)

Thats a good idea about Coral Hall- I'm not going to be around/available much for the next week either so I don't think I can do the Coral Hall thing, I have family coming into town in a little while. Anybody else want to do it?

edit-- Here's the link to a more recent story about Coral Hall. I've got to run to the airport but there is a Flint police Sgt who seems to be working on the case mentioned in this article & its recent- he may be the guy to contact?
"Flint Police Take Fresh Look at Teens Disappearance" from march 08
http://blog.mlive.com/flintjournal/newsnow/2008/03/flint_mich_police_take_fresh_l.html
and also this one from April- same sgt is quoted?
http://blog.mlive.com/flintjournal/newsnow/2008/04/sightings_of_coral_hall_missin.html

It was a GREAT CATCH re: the police report...:blowkiss:

If Coral Hall has prints on file, dentals or DNA then that may easily answer whether or not she is MJD. MJD prints were run and her DNA is in CODIS. The dentals are an easy comparison....

I'm confused about the police report. It's been nearly 10 years, we finally have a police report and where is it? The reason why (IMO) this child hasn't been identified so far is that a select few have access to all of the information and haven't put out enough info for others to help. Or it sounds like a lot of information was omitted. (Like the ring and the clothing.) Is this happening again? Someone said it was posted then taken down? Does anyone know why? The police report is public information, so there shouldn't be any problem with posting it.

Thanks!!!!! I remember searching somewhere for it long ago.. but at the time I dont know if it was for sure really him... have been searching different things and havent been able to find it again!!

But as far as Coral Hall and the reporter.. I did send an email to one the other day.. and sent him a link here (looks like one was here, on the Coral Hall thread at one time) and sent him a link to the ME (site) I did that wrong.. but he wrote back really quick to get that link lol! and he wrote back again real fast and said he'd get back with me :) hopefully he will!! or at least maybe he can get more detailed info about coral!

so who's good at talking on phones ???? :angel:

ETA: I'm really terrible at the phones ... I'm not even sure If I sound like an adult yet lol .. I get that "are your parents home" alot lol

Ok wth there was a Rolex in the car? Those are not cheap.

I am unsure of what the phone call is about that needs to be done...but if ya wanna contact me and give me the details, I'll see that it's done.

I think basically we just need to contact the cold case detective in Flint, MI. (Detective Sgt. Greg Hosmer) and ask him if Coral Pearl Hall's DNA is in CODIS. Failing that, ask him for more information about the scar on her neck / if she was compared to MJD / etc. It seems like if they have a cold case guy working on her case, there would be DNA in the system, but maybe not since her mother was dead and they didn't know who the father was and she was being raised by her grandmother. I'm not sure, though - I haven't seen it mentioned one way or the other anywhere.

I just read the police report, and it leaves some lingering questions:

1) Re: Robin, the person who said she knew MJD from the neighborhood--if she really tried to talk her out of prostitution, then obviously they must have had some conversations of note. Why wouldn't she know MJD's real name? I know why she might be confused about MJD's street name, but generally--don't you get a name from someone you're having a conversation with?

2) In the last interview with Lindsey, why did she keep referring to Alonzo as "William"?

3) In the first part of the report, when Lindsey said something about someone only being in AZ for two months, did she mean *herself* or did she mean MJD?

After reading the report, I would want to talk to the neighbor some more. I'm also curious about the girl who they originally thought was MJD (that Monica girl).

And who had a damn Rolex! I want to know if that was a man's watch or a woman's watch. MJD had diamonds, is it possible she had a Rolex, too?

Aprha said:
I just read the police report, and it leaves some lingering questions: ME too!

1) Re: Robin, the person who said she knew MJD from the neighborhood--if she really tried to talk her out of prostitution, then obviously they must have had some conversations of note. Why wouldn't she know MJD's real name? I know why she might be confused about MJD's street name, but generally--don't you get a name from someone you're having a conversation with?

I would like to see if we can contact Robin to see if she can offer any more info that may have not been in the LE report. Maybe anything she might have found insignificant that MJD shared.

2) In the last interview with Lindsey, why did she keep referring to Alonzo as "William"? That was strange. Could it be an LE typo? Someone found 15 aliases for an Alonzo, I wonder if William is one of them.

3) In the first part of the report, when Lindsey said something about someone only being in AZ for two months, did she mean *herself* or did she mean MJD?

In the police report, in one of LJD's interviews she said "she has only been in Arizona for two months", meaning MJD. First LDJ said never saw her before, then "may have" seen her before, how would she know she was only in AZ two months and not know her name? LE report also listed that she and Alonzo were at the extended suites for 2 months. Was MJD there too? The two months for both, coincidence?
There is the potential Mojave tie..... which is leaving me more confused. If MJD was only in Phoenix for two months, why would LDJ have said, "she has only been in ARIZONA for two months and not Phoenix for two months"?

After reading the report, I would want to talk to the neighbor some more. I'm also curious about the girl who they originally thought was MJD (that Monica girl).

LE verified Monica was incarcerated in TX at the time. That's how I understood they ruled out Monica.

Is it just me or does it appear that LDJ has removed her myspace account? If so, then it looks as if that avenue for cooperation is a dead end.

I read it as LDJ saying that SHE had only been there for 2 months, not MJD.

Can someone make a side by side of Coral and MJD? Thank you!

I'll also try to do an overlay of MJD and Coral Hall in Fireworks and see if the facial features match.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
flintinsects