NY-LI 10 bodies found on Beach-Poss. SrlKlr-12/10-4 id'd; more found 3/11 #7

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not trying to be that newbie who stirs the pot, but it's early and my brain is still processing my first cup of joe. West Islip lies in both Islip and Babylon towns. It's most often referred to as part of Islip, similarly how Ronkonkoma is part of both Islip and Brookhaven towns... I'll try to dig something up to support my claim if needed, I know I'm not pulling this out of my rear. lol :waitasec:

What part of West Islip is in the town of Babylon?

What part of Ronkonkoma is part of the town of Brookhaven? I know Lake Ronkonkoma, but that is a different hamlet with a different zip code than Ronkonkoma.

Sorry, don't mean to bust your chops. I get what you are saying. Like Farmingdale is in both Nassau/Suffolk (Babylon/Oyster Bay) and Hauppauge is in both Islip/Smithtown and Commack is in both Smithtown/Huntington. Just not familiar with any part of West Islip that is in the town of Babylon. If that was indeed true, wouldn't the West Islip Public Schools have Babylon residents on their tax role?

The call to the pharmacy was only a minute. That seems like a pretty quick call of she was calling about a prescription.

Agreed. I live in CVS. I also shop late and pick up my mom's prescriptions late sometimes. First off you get the automated thingie. Press this or that. As Kat mentioned you can get refills just through automated. The menu says "If you want to refill aprescription". I never use that. Then I believe it will say "If you want to speak to a Pharmacist". I never timed it, but I'd think all that would take more than a minitue.

This may just be my CVS, but after 12:00AM if you call for refills they tell you the computers are down and you can pick them up after 7:00AM. However if you walk in from an ER with a script they will fill it.:waitasec: If they don't know you as in you haven't filled scripts before and it's a narcotic you have to have ID.

If there was a script filled for a narcotic then most likely an ID was given.

DATE TIME PHONE # DESTINATION MINUTES USED OWNER

05/01/10 4:51 AM 911-000-0000 Emergency, 23
05/01/10 4:09 AM NEW YORK,NY 1 Michael Pak
05/01/10 3:15 AM NEW YORK,NY 2 Michael Pak
05/01/10 3:13 AM Incoming, 1 Michael Pak
05/01/10 3:04 AM NEW YORK,NY 6 Michael Pak
05/01/10 3:00 AM Incoming, 3 Michael Pak
05/01/10 2:57 AM NEW YORK,NY 3 Michael Pak
05/01/10 2:55 AM BABYLON,NY 1 Oak Beach CVS
(460 MONTAUK HIGHWAY WEST ISLIP, NY11795)
05/01/10 12:25 AM NEW YORK,NY 1 Michael Pak
05/01/10 12:23 AM NEW YORK,NY 2 Michael Pak
05/01/10 12:20 AM NEW YORK,NY 3 Michael Pak
04/30/10 10:02 PM NEW YORK,NY 2 Michael Pak

Anyone know what cell phone service this bill is from?

Two important notations depending upon the service;

1. Cell phone reception is "spotty" at best on this barrier island. "Dropped" calls could explain the constant redials/short calls to the same numbers.
  2. Everyone is making the assumption that the times listed are in the EST time zone (yet the bill doesn't indicate if it is or it isn't). This will vary from carrier to carrier (as well as depending upon the time zone where the cell phone number originated)

Anyone know what cell phone service this bill is from?

Two important notations depending upon the service;

1. Cell phone reception is "spotty" at best on this barrier island. "Dropped" calls could explain the constant redials/short calls to the same numbers.
  2. Everyone is making the assumption that the times listed are in the EST time zone (yet the bill doesn't indicate if it is or it isn't). This will vary from carrier to carrier (as well as depending upon the time zone where the cell phone number originated)

But from other reports we do know that she was on the phone with 911 at 5:00am EST. So it does look like the calls are EST

Agreed. I live in CVS. I also shop late and pick up my mom's prescriptions late sometimes. First off you get the automated thingie. Press this or that. As Kat mentioned you can get refills just through automated. The menu says "If you want to refill aprescription". I never use that. Then I believe it will say "If you want to speak to a Pharmacist". I never timed it, but I'd think all that would take more than a minitue.

This may just be my CVS, but after 12:00AM if you call for refills they tell you the computers are down and you can pick them up after 7:00AM. However if you walk in from an ER with a script they will fill it.:waitasec: If they don't know you as in you haven't filled scripts before and it's a narcotic you have to have ID.

If there was a script filled for a narcotic then most likely an ID was given.

Also, you can't do automated prescription refills at a pharmacy you have never been to. The first time you fill a prescription at a pharmacy you have never filled at before, they need more information from you, including your insurance information. This has always been my experience, at least. There's no way a 1 min call to CVS would fill a script for Shannan unless she has filled that script there before. And if it was for controlled substances, that makes it even more complicated.

ETA: based on all of this, I am rethinking my theory that they chose that CVS for the 24 hour pharmacy.

Also, you can't do automated prescription refills at a pharmacy you have never been to. The first time you fill a prescription at a pharmacy you have never filled at before, they need more information from you, including your insurance information. This has always been my experience, at least. There's no way a 1 min call to CVS would fill a script for Shannan unless she has filled that script there before. And if it was for narcotics, that makes it even more complicated.

Right.

Perhaps she made the call and then just hung up? :waitasec:

Maybe it wasn't for a script at all, but still it would take more than a minute unless that CVS has some super speedy employees. OR they don't have that awful automated schpeel.

DATE TIME PHONE # DESTINATION MINUTES USED OWNER

05/01/10 4:51 AM 911-000-0000 Emergency, 23
05/01/10 4:09 AM NEW YORK,NY 1 Michael Pak
05/01/10 3:15 AM NEW YORK,NY 2 Michael Pak
05/01/10 3:13 AM Incoming, 1 Michael Pak
05/01/10 3:04 AM NEW YORK,NY 6 Michael Pak
05/01/10 3:00 AM Incoming, 3 Michael Pak
05/01/10 2:57 AM NEW YORK,NY 3 Michael Pak
05/01/10 2:55 AM BABYLON,NY 1 Oak Beach CVS
05/01/10 12:25 AM NEW YORK,NY 1 Michael Pak
05/01/10 12:23 AM NEW YORK,NY 2 Michael Pak
05/01/10 12:20 AM NEW YORK,NY 3 Michael Pak
04/30/10 10:02 PM NEW YORK,NY 2 Michael Pak

This isn't adding up to me. If JB paid SG for services rendered, when did these "services occur? If she was at JB's around 12:30 am, then there's a 2 1/2 hour time frame she could have been doing business. If she arrived at JB's later, say 2 am (which is what I thought I read somewhere), that would leave only an hour for her to "work". Okay fine, perhaps she was only booked for an hour, but then why the hell was she still there 3 hours later?

And she doesn't call 911 until almost an hour after her last call to Pak?

Something isn't right here. Makes me wonder if she was too out of it to perform up to parr, and maybe JB refused to pay...hence the reason she refused to leave? Maybe she was insisting on pay?
Also, who walks around with the phone number for the local CVS store?? Did she what... Google the number?? And if so, how did she know to look for a CVS (versus a Walgreens or Rite Aid Drugs)???

And why does that say Oak Beach CVS?????? There are no stores on Oak Beach. Only a non-local would come up with "the oak beach CVS". How could that be a real listing on a real phone bill if it doesn't exist??

Something does not compute.

Also, you can't do automated prescription refills at a pharmacy you have never been to. The first time you fill a prescription at a pharmacy you have never filled at before, they need more information from you, including your insurance information. This has always been my experience, at least. There's no way a 1 min call to CVS would fill a script for Shannan unless she has filled that script there before. And if it was for controlled substances, that makes it even more complicated.

ETA: based on all of this, I am rethinking my theory that they chose that CVS for the 24 hour pharmacy.

and chances are she hadn't filled a prescription there since she's not from the area. Is there any info about her having other clients in the area.

I'm wondering where she got the number. Maybe she just misdialed

Also, who walks around with the phone number for the local CVS store?? Did she what... Google the number?? And if so, how did she know to look for a CVS (versus a Walgreens or Rite Aid Drugs)???

And why does that say Oak Beach CVS?????? There are no stores on Oak Beach. Only a non-local would come up with "the oak beach CVS". How could that be a real listing on a real phone bill if it doesn't exist??

I've been asking those same questions. LOL

I'm wondering where those phone records came from originally. When i try Googling it all that comes up os this thread

The only theory I have is that the phone records were put online by a non-local and not transcribed exactly. Maybe that person thought the CVS was in Oak Beach. It's kind of a big mistake to make in a detail-oriented case like this though. Another source of frustration for those trying to make sense of all this. :banghead:

I've been asking those same questions. LOL

I'm wondering where those phone records came from originally. When i try Googling it all that comes up os this thread

The records were posted on www.findshannangilbert.com

No idea if that site is reliable but Shannan's family has promoted it on FB and it was the first source to give us the driver's name.

The records were posted on www.findshannangilbert.com

No idea if that site is reliable but Shannan's family has promoted it on FB and it was the first source to give us the driver's name.

Oh okay. I've read a lot of things on that site that I haven't read other places and they don't cite sources so I'm not sure how reliable it is either.

Earlier someone asked why JB would have the driver's number. I see there are no calls on SG's phone to or from JB so maybe he arranged everything through the driver.

Maybe she called the CVS to see if they were open. The call could have been answered with the recording of the store hours.

Earlier someone asked why JB would have the driver's number. I see there are no calls on SG's phone to or from JB so maybe he arranged everything through the driver.

That's why I asked if he was her driver or her pimp. Of course, we're not likely to ever get the answer to that question, but it is important, imo. A mere driver wouldn't have an investment to protect in this case, a pimp absolutely would. A driver would likely have no reason to harm a girl who flipped out, but a pimp might. See what I mean?

But anyway...moot point because we'll never get the truth about the role this guy played in SG's life. Some things we just have to let go of. :banghead:

Oh okay. I've read a lot of things on that site that I haven't read other places and they don't cite sources so I'm not sure how reliable it is either.

Hit and miss, imo. I take the info, then fact check it. If it's a hit, I go with it. If it's a miss, I usually just stick it in the mental vault in case something comes up later that can verify it. Overall, I much prefer msm info, but sometimes, when you're sleuthing, you have to take any lead you can get. Usually a huge waste of time and energy, but occasionally, it leads you to something of value.

I was googling "CVS 460 MONTAUK HIGHWAY WEST ISLIP, NY11795, PH (name spelled out)" to see if I could find any connection. I didn't get very far before stumbling onto something unrelated, but interesting..... the comments under an article from Newsday. Some poster with the name "peterf14" has a LOT of information about some sort of corruption scam within the SCPD and the DA's office... too complicated to detail here because I have not digested it all yet. It involves some sort of business that was an "entertainment - movie producing" operation that was really just about getting people to invest in it and scam their money - which would include bringing in important people from out of state to "entertain" with "coke, etc.". Apparently, there were some officers that were involved... Anyways - if anyone wants to read it, go to the comments at the end of the article. There are over 1000 of them now, and you have to keep "paging forward" to see them.

http://www.newsday.com/news/breaking/7.1888427#comments

If they were driving, she could have asked their GPS for "drug stores near current location." Or the equivalent function on the phone.

If the call was made from JB's, it might have been the number he kept handy, or he might have just known which drugstore was closest.

The name by which the drugstore is listed would be what the phone company has listed for that number, so it might or might not have some relationship to how the store is externally known. It's also not uncommon to have separate phone numbers for different marketing areas -- so the same store might have a number for people calling from Oak Beach, and another number for people calling from inland, for instance.

Sorry this is sooo long, and if I'm duplicating others efforts here. I've had to reverse the order of the calls so my simplisticly ordered brain can work with the times. By adding the "length of call" to the "time of call", it shows that back-to-back calls were happening fast and furious at various times, and then a 41 min timespan with nothing, then the 911 call:

04/30/10 10:02 PM to 10:04 NEW YORK,NY 2 MP

05/01/10 12:20 AM to 12:23 NEW YORK,NY 3 MP

05/01/10 12:23 AM to 12:25 NEW YORK,NY 2 MP

05/01/10 12:25 AM to 12:26 NEW YORK,NY 1 MP

At this point there is a 2 hr 30 min timespan when no calls are made. Is this when Shannan is at JB's and "services" were being performed. If so, why has JB not already called MP to express his dissatisfaction regarding Shannan not being what he expected? It then appears the first activity after this 2 hr 30 min period is the call to the pharmacy. Has there been an overdose? Possibly a doctor has been summoned to the house, and the call to the pharmacy with his official numbered ID would speed up an emergency prescription, with instruction that it will be picked up by MP.

05/01/10 2:55 AM to 2:56 BABYLON,NY 1 Oak Beach CVS

MP is called right after the pharmacy has been called.

05/01/10 2:57 AM to 3:00 NEW YORK,NY 3 MP

05/01/10 3:00 AM to 3:03 Incoming, 3 MP

05/01/10 3:04 AM to 3:10 NEW YORK,NY 6 MP

05/01/10 3:13 AM to 3:14 Incoming, 1 MP

05/01/10 3:15 AM to 3:17 NEW YORK,NY 2 MP

Then a 52 minute timespan with no phone calls to or from MP.

05/01/10 4:09 AM to 4:10 NEW YORK,NY 1 MP

Don't know how long a drive to the pharmacy and back (ETA: Yahoo maps shows 7.8 mi, 16 mins, so round trip approx 16 mi, 32 mins)

We now have a 41 min timespan with no phone calls (unless calls were made from JB's landline or?) I doubt that Shannan had been there after all this time without "services" being performed. I also doubt JB would call the driver after all this time to say that Shannan was not what he expected. So, possibly MP has arrived with the prescription which is administered, but things go haywire and Shannan, for whatever reasons becomes terrified and calls 911.

05/01/10 4:51 AM to 5:14 911-000-0000 Emergency, 23

Maybe Shannan felt reasonably "safe" while she was on the phone with 911. When she finally fled the house, she went door-to-door, terrified and begging for help ... enough presence of mind to seek help, not delirious just running randomly, screaming through the neighbourhood.

Feel free to poke holes :)

Is it possible that she called a payphone on the CVS property?

That CVS is open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.

The address is correct for that CVS but the "OAK BEACH" part throws me off. If you bring it up on google maps and drag the map south, Oak Beach is directly south of that CVS.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member