Found Deceased TX - Crystal Seratte McDowell, 38, Baytown, 25 Aug 2017 #3 *Arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Uncle Jeff just tore the PI apart for cashing his check but not consulting him before posting about Crystal being found.

So Jeff did hire the PI it seems.

It would make sense for him to take her children given how close they are. I'm sure the kids know Jeff very well.

Steve stop sharing posts about her on social media 4 days ago. Wonder if he was in custody and confessed and that's how they found her.

I never thought I was wrong about him.

I guess what I mean is that I knew it was him from the start, but after seeing those youtube videos I was at least open to the suggestion that it could be random, if it turned out to the be that way. I never once questioned the boyfriend.

Shock and sadness aside, I'm definitely interested in learning how they figured out it was him. Where were the kids? Boyfriend said on FB today that there were rumors floating around that he'd hired a babysitter. Where did he meet Crystal? Did he drive somewhere to meet her, and if so, how'd he get back home or to his car after he ditched hers at the Motel 6? There are still a lot of questions I'm curious to know the answers to.

But yeah, I'm with you...he did this. TX is a death penalty state. If he wants to see his children again it's in his best interest to confess.

Oh dear, I just saw the news. RIP Crystal. Glad they appear to be making some progress toward justice for her.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

So I really really want to know how the timeline went down. Dishwasher, anyone? Car? Kids? I'm betting there were phone calls and maybe texts we don't know about. No matter, its just tragic.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

I was so hoping for a different outcome. RIP Crystal. My heart goes out to her beautiful children.

Now we know why ex wasn't trying to look for her and gave no interviews. There were holes in his story too. He never text her to ask where she was. So he either met her or she did make it home like the RE briefcase indicated.

I wonder where they found the body. I bet ping evidence told LE exactly where she was and where she went.

Well, this is one case I was wrong about.
Sorry to see that her ex husband, Steve McDowell as the one who did it.

There are a lot of people out there who double down on their beliefs even when shown to be wrong. I'm glad you aren't one of them!

In the PI report the client name is listed as Sandy, not Jeff. That is Jeffs sister.

Steve stop sharing posts about her on social media 4 days ago. Wonder if he was in custody and confessed and that's how they found her.

I hope he at least has the decency to confess and save Crystal's kids from the stress & mental anguish a murder trial would bring them.

I hate that the ex seems to be guilty...but relieved the perp is not the BF. Would be terrible if she jumped into a relationship that made her feel so happy only to end up a victim of her new love. I mean it is beyond horrible anyway but at least she did not see the face of her BF at the end...I guess? Anyway I felt he was sincere, even if he did not come across well to many. He spoke too much to be guilty, for me. While the ex never said a word...and apparently never texted her when she never showed up. That was telling to me. Jmo

what did I miss

Uncle Jeff had words for the p.i service that leaked this information.

So they may want to change their fictitious business name with the county clerk this upcoming week. Jmo.

The only family member we've heard from is the uncle who I believe quickly pointed fingers at the ex. I wouldn't be surprised if other family members might do the same. LE may not want that if they have suspicions when it comes to the ex. Especially if there is some huge piece of information that paints ex in a very negative light.

From what I saw, it seemed as though it was the ex's family/friends who weren't aware of the divorce, but is the same true for Crystal's family? If she was the one who filed for divorce both times, it would be reasonable to assume she was the one that was unhappy. She may have been complaining about the ex to family/friends for the last 10 years. It would stand to reason there were some red flag behaviors brought up over 10 years. I cannot imagine an unhappy marriage not having a few. But those are the things that stand out and are easily remembered.

There's also a possibility that family knows way more than the BF and they don't want any important information being leaked.
I would think the husband is well aware where the her family would side.

In this case I didn't join any private site, so I know nothing being said there. However; we have seen cases a thousand times where everyone appears to be against the ex spouse. It seems to happen, the thing here is, we can't bring the family even in to this, so I have to ignore that, when a person reads it, it will give them a different perspective.

The law enforcement statements.. good luck if they try that. (Suing). Some of those terms may have been the way the family put it for all we know. They always ask those closest to the victim; do you know of anyone who would want to harm--- why? So this could have come from someone else and he regurgitated what he heard.

The time frame for the ex is odd and risky. It could happen, just so many curves.

I still have no idea, but for THIS hour, I'm thinking neither of these two. By bedtime, I will change my mind again. Lol

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

The tarot reading is what got me. 2 months before their divorce was final. To me it reeked of desperation--a last ditch effort where he was hoping someone, even a psychic, would tell him there was still a chance. But it didn't work out that way.

Actually both Crystal & Steve were long-time clients and friends of Jen, the tarot reader. I had emailed her about Crystal's disappearance to let her know and we discussed some things over email. I feel she knows them both better than anyone due to the nature of her work.

Well Uncle Jeff was right the whole time. He pointed at the ex. There was a reason he did that.

Every case I follow here just shows me how naive I am. I always hold out hope till the very end. :(

How do you get to the point of rage where you are ok with absolutely ruining your children's lives? What a selfish piece of *****. Yeah, sometimes life sucks & doesn't go your way but you don't damage other people bc of your misery. ...And I pray that his children will grow up and flourish so I'm being dramatic in saying he has absolutely ruined their lives but this will no doubt ruin parts of their life

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong