IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #68

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey all first time poster long time lurker and big non-believer in coincidences.

I think it is no coincidence that DN’s middle name is James. IMO I think that police somehow had a tip or figured from the video that the perps name was James but did not know his full identity. I find it a stretch that 3 of the 4 other previous people who have been known to be checked out all have the name James in their name.

I also think it is no coincident that 2 days after BG’s sketch gets released DN seems to have fled and could not be traced.

:welcome2:

working on thread #69. I will carry over some of the recent articles on this DN development to the OP. Be back with a link shortly.

Since we have have no idea of what his wife and children may have been going through, I think it's unfair to speculate about them. JMO.

It is looking like she has been a victim as well, with DV and numerous court cases related to their relationship.

I just wanted to say that IF this is our BG, it’s nice to think that all of the circular debates we had on this case weren’t entirely in vain because pieces of the information coming out about this individual strongly mirror some of our assumptions about the suspect: that he has a history of indecent exposure (the speculation about him exposing himself in the photo), ex-military, etc.. Keep up the good work sleuthers!

Or.

From link.

Suella Ferrand says she hired Daniel Nations to work on her family’s livestock farm in the spring of 2015. The two were introduced by a mutual acquaintance.

<modsnip>

Him and his hatchet again:

“"He had a really bad temper, to the point where at times it could be a little eerie,” she said.

Ferrand and her family say once their relationship with him went south, *Nations completely trashed the apartment they let him live in, constantly lost his temper and became violent, destroyed property and even threatened one of them with a hatchet, which he often carried around.

When the family tried to remove Nations from their property, they say he refused.

“Several times we had to call the police on him, almost daily. Until we finally got in court and the court ordered him off the property,” Ferrand said."

So, did he have:

Motive.

Means.

Opportunity.

Motive: Convicted sex offender indicates predator, sexually motivated. Having trouble in life - recently evicted from home, marriage trouble with baby on the way.

Means: When arrested in CO, he had a hatchet and gun. His former employer said he carried a hatchet. It seems that he was in Indiana at the time of the murders (not confirmed, but he was there 10 days after the murders).

Opportunity: Lives a drifter lifestyle. When arrested in CO, he had been spending time on a trail. The two young Indiana victims were alone on a trail, isolated.

So far, no smoking gun....but looks like a duck.

jmOPINION

On Wednesday evening, Carroll County Sheriff Tobe Leazenby said Nations is being considered when it comes to the Delphi investigation.

"Remain vigilant, because at this stage, obviously, we don't know whether or not this is the individual we've been looking for," Leazenby said Thursday. "I would still encourage folks to -- whatever their spirituality or faith may be -- to pray, cross your fingers, whatever the case may be and hope that this may be it."

http://www.wndu.com/content/news/Po...orado-linked-to-Delphi-murders-448392673.html

Well, IF it is him, then LE has him locked up and can take their time to make sure before charging him.

I want THIS perp arrested and convicted. But also want the right perp, and not just someone.

That sketch....so detailed, sure makes me wonder like others have said, if that wasn't from a photo and maybe eye witnesses as well. The hat, I don't believe was ever part of the case. I am still of the mind frame that the hoodie was up, and a ball cap under. Who knows, maybe the girls scratched him and had DNA under their nails, or the perp left something.

If this DN was homeless at the time, and maybe camping in woods, he could have been in THOSE woods, and left something behind there, but LE wasn't sure if it was connected to the crime.

Just reading over the Media thread, the early posts that document what Leazenby and LE were saying to the media very early on....February and March. Does anyone else find it curious that LE and the detectives CONSISTANTLY referred to the possibility that more than one person was involved in the murders, that the officers investigating the case were particularly disturbed by what they had found, and that there may be a twist in this case, an unusual outcome etc etc. Can't seem to bring quotes over from that thread to here. Leazenby also makes a direct appeal to the killer/killers to come forward, we can work it out, do the right thing if you know anything....the kind of softer language one would use to appeal to a female perhaps...
And now we have a possible connection with a suspect arrested in Colorado in an unrelated case, but arrested in the presence of a female, a mother, with children.
Is it also possible a woman did actually participate in the Delphi murders, willingly or against her will, and so perhaps it would be her DNA that is at the crime scene, and since she has no prior record, her DNA is not registered?
Is it possible that the girls in Delphi were in fact decapitated and, being an unusual manner of death, it was imperative that LE prevent this detail from becoming public, for obvious reasons on all levels?
According to a woman who walked the trail that day she saw a lone man and then a man and woman together but told one of the girls family member that she did not see Abby or Libby. That was posted online but has either been deleted or the post made private. You can find that info in some articles in the early weeks of the case.

I don't recall but was there a car parked near the bridge in the parking area? Anyone know?

Sent from my KFFOWI using Tapatalk

I seem to recall LE saying they looked at sex offenders right away (which is partly why I think this was a sex crime.) So,what did they do? Did they swab them? Did they just do alibis? No way they could have all had solid verifiable alibis, imo, as many peope don't have any way to prove where they were if they were alone, i.e So I am wondering how they ruled out all of those SO's?

If the behavior of Massachusetts LE is typical, then checking out RSO's in the area is just the first thing that's done after a violent crime.

BBM

I wouldn't think so, because it appears at the time the only thing LE were interested in was his SO address verification. Remember, the composite was drawn up and then released to the public July 17, the day before Sgt P opened up his investigation into the issue of his not being at the address he claimed was his (July 18).

Maybe they received a tip it was him, tried to follow up the lead only to realize he wasn't there- sparking the failure to register charge...? MOO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kudo's to the friend of the cyclist for using his situational awareness and snapping a picture of the red car passing again! Makes me want to go back through all of the media footage taken, particularly the ones where RL was on his land. Could DN be in any of the media interviews?

Approximately .53 in the video, perhaps?? I posted this the first day I saw this case. I have screen shots, if the mods say its ok to post, I will repost.

http://cbs4indy.com/2017/02/19/fami...vate-funerals-to-say-goodbye-to-delphi-teens/

Thread #69 is ready for you. Please begin to move over there to post. This one will close in 10 minutes.

The gun found in the car is a 22 caliber semi-automatic rifle...does this sound like the type of gun a woman would purchase and carry for her own safety? I doubt it. IMO.

A .22 is actual a perfect caliber for a woman to carry. It doesn't have a kick back like a shot gun would have. Now if someone was going to carry, they typically have a handgun versus a rifle. A .22 rifle is a typical gun for people in my area to let kids shoot for the first time, and often the first gun bought for a young person to hunt with.

.22 are fairly common. Whether it is his wife's or his, obviously I don't know. I don't know how it was obtained, etc. But no, it wouldn't surprise me to know a woman had a .22.

Well, IF it is him, then LE has him locked up and can take their time to make sure before charging him.

I want THIS perp arrested and convicted. But also want the right perp, and not just someone.

That sketch....so detailed, sure makes me wonder like others have said, if that wasn't from a photo and maybe eye witnesses as well. The hat, I don't believe was ever part of the case. I am still of the mind frame that the hoodie was up, and a ball cap under. Who knows, maybe the girls scratched him and had DNA under their nails, or the perp left something.

If this DN was homeless at the time, and maybe camping in woods, he could have been in THOSE woods, and left something behind there, but LE wasn't sure if it was connected to the crime.

I agree with you- I think the cap can make him appear a lot older but that very well could be a hoodie/baseball cap, which seems more how he dressed. Plus if he was homeless at the time (winter) he was probably wearing a lot of layers

I have so much to read and catch up on. Would someone be kind enough to tell me what city in Indiana this POI lived in, or frequented, at the time the girls were murdered?

I so hope this is a break in the case. Would be awesome if he's the perp and led to his own demise.

I'm with you - and somehow not surprised. It seems that people slip through the cracks all too often. But this guy really did check off every box in terms of who might be BG. Just grateful he was stupid enough to get caught or we may never have found him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It is really sad but true. Brutal sex offenders do fall through the cracks and the innocent victims who have crossed paths with them pay the price with their lives.

Remember John Couey who kidnapped, raped, and murdered little Jessica Lunsford? He was a absconded sex offender and he was right under the nose of the police over at his sister's home where he had Jessica kidnapped for three days before killing her. The police had his sister's name and address too as a person to contact, and they still had no clue he was right across the street from Jessica's home. They didn't even come to her door to ask when she last saw her pedophile brother. :mad:

I have so much to read and catch up on. Would someone be kind enough to tell me what city in Indiana this POI lived in, or frequented, at the time the girls were murdered?

I so hope this is a break in the case. Would be awesome if he's the perp and led to his own demise.
Martinsville and Greenwood

His last known residence in Indiana was Greenwood, IN.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23