IN - Lauren Spierer, 20, Bloomington, 03 June 2011 - #24

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, but what to make of it? I took it as a sign that they know enough to know it's not her. Or, they don't communicate with BPD for some reason or another.

I took it the first way, that there's something about the body, though decomposed, that might rule out LS, i.e., size, sex, etc. When the body was found in the Indianapolis creek, BPD was alerted ... but that body was ID'd as female at the start, although unidentifiable (http://www.masoncountydailynews.com...ody-of-dead-woman-found-in-indianapolis-creek)

OTOH, maybe the body is too decomposed?

I took it the first way, that there's something about the body, though decomposed, that might rule out LS, i.e., size, sex, etc. When the body was found in the Indianapolis creek, BPD was alerted ... but that body was ID'd as female at the start, although unidentifiable (http://www.masoncountydailynews.com...ody-of-dead-woman-found-in-indianapolis-creek)

OTOH, maybe the body is too decomposed?

I think either of your scenarios are probably right. Oh, and thank you because now I'll sleep better tonight.

This body probably isn't Lauren.

However, Jennings county is a fairly straight shot from Bloomington, maybe a little more than an hour. So it would be a plausible location for her.

The other thing -- if they think it is Lauren, they probably don't want to announce anything until 1) they can match dental records, and 2) give a quick autopsy, to see if there's an ovbious cause of death or if there is anything that could lead to a quick arrest.

I'd say an immediate public announcement about the gender, etc. would be more likely if they could rule out Lauren from the start. And remember, Lauren was 4'11'' and even with the most advanced decomposition, they'd be able to take one look and determine if the body is small enough to be her (which I guess they noticed with the body in Indy).

CR's car has been searched. JR supposedly did not have a car that night. I would assume that LE has searched JW's car - his house has been searched, and I believe I've seen the car reported but could be wrong - as well as DR's car if he had one (he showed them his phone). I would also guess, perhaps wrongly, that they may not have had access to any out-of-state MPOI's car. We have heard of no LE interest in any in-state MPOI.

Do you know how JR got back to MI and when?

I tend to think that you're not ruling DB out as the MPOI. Could it also be that the ZO, AB group had an out of town guest that this board is unaware of?

I don't doubt DB's presence at JR's that night. JR could have tried to thwart anything between DB and Lauren by sending Lauren home. But it wasn't as if he had total control over DB's actions after JR sent Lauren home. That is what I thought you were getting at. But then I cannot rule out another out of town guest that may have been in those apts at 5 North or the Apts that ZO lived in, a MPOI that LE isn't aware of? I almost feel like DB was bragging went he tweeted that morning as in, "I'm still here, how could I be disposing of a body in Michigan?" which sends me back to DB.

I think LE has every right to all of the phone records from JR and DB that night and the days following. He can tweet all he wants saying he's in Bton but the pings to his phone might tell a different story.

I thought I read that JR's Dad picked him up. Perhaps he didn't want to go with DB that morning because he knew what DB had to do on his way back to MI. He'd be just as culpable as DB had he traveled with him back to MI as DB disposed of a body along the way.

I do not think Lauren is in Bton. I think LE needs to bring in DB's car and see what the cadaver dogs do. Get his phone records and JR's as well. JR may have been or tried to be the voice of reason that night but he was overruled by his guest and turned the other cheek. What does DB have on JR that is keeping him from talking? I would think it was the other way around with DB being higher up on the food chain so to speak. Perhaps fear?

I think Lauren is in Michigan and he tried to throw off a timeline by tweeting. Check his phone records and find his route home. It may be a needle in a haystack but perhaps giving JR some immunity may help.

Unless of course, there's a MPOI that I don't know of - does LE know of this MPOI?

This body probably isn't Lauren.

However, Jennings county is a fairly straight shot from Bloomington, maybe a little more than an hour. So it would be a plausible location for her.

The other thing -- if they think it is Lauren, they probably don't want to announce anything until 1) they can match dental records, and 2) give a quick autopsy, to see if there's an ovbious cause of death or if there is anything that could lead to a quick arrest.

I'd say an immediate public announcement about the gender, etc. would be more likely if they could rule out Lauren from the start. And remember, Lauren was 4'11'' and even with the most advanced decomposition, they'd be able to take one look and determine if the body is small enough to be her (which I guess they noticed with the body in Indy).

Not familiar with the area - is this off a major highway that one would take, lets say, to Michigan?

Jennings County is an hour plus from where she was last scene. That seems like a pretty far distance to drive with a body, passing all sorts of forested area, and with daylight around the corner.

I just hope that the Spierers find some closure today- I want this body to be hers and I don't at the same time

No, to head toward MI from Bloomington you'd go north, past Martinsville ... here's a map:

http://www.distancebetweencities.net/bloomington_in_and_ann-arbor_mi/route

Jennings County would be south from Bloomington ... see Jupiter's suggested route and bx2's map in last night's posts ...

I'd like to add something about MI ... some posters have talked about the lakes around JR's, and I've noted that the area is developed/congested. But there are two state rec areas on the route toward Ann Arbor, one of which, Pinckney, I know is filled with lakes. My family used to vacation at Halfmoon Lake, which is very deep and scary in spots, with big drop-offs (like 80 feet). I've included a map link mainly because it's bordered by UofM property.

This is the type of lake I'd envision a body in ... but park-goers would have been out by the time a MPOI arrived there from Bloomington. (Bit of trivia: There is a town called Hell in this rec area ...)

http://www.dnr.state.mi.us/publications/pdfs/RecreationCamping/pinckney_map.pdf

For what it's worth, the Spierers' new flyer hanging campaign a couple weeks ago must have worked very well. I've seen several of Lauren's missing posters hanging in businesses in Martinsville this week, which were not there 3-4 weeks ago. I'm glad they're keeping her fresh in peoples' minds, even in areas slightly outside of Bloomington. They're kind of neat too, they have one of those square codes that you can scan with a cell phone (kind of looks like a bar code), which I'm assuming probably takes you to the family's facebook group or a similar site to find out more info. Neat idea, technology is pretty amazing.

For what it's worth, the Spierers' new flyer hanging campaign a couple weeks ago must have worked very well. I've seen several of Lauren's missing posters hanging in businesses in Martinsville this week, which were not there 3-4 weeks ago. I'm glad they're keeping her fresh in peoples' minds, even in areas slightly outside of Bloomington. They're kind of neat too, they have one of those square codes that you can scan with a cell phone (kind of looks like a bar code), which I'm assuming probably takes you to the family's facebook group or a similar site to find out more info. Neat idea, technology is pretty amazing.

You are so right. It's encouraging to see. I see them posted in more places outside of town than I did last summer.

Did anyone look at DB's family business Web site before he went private? I swear his bio and photo were posted on the investment group page beneath his brother's bio. It's not there now.

Did anyone look at DB's family business Web site before he went private? I swear his bio and photo were posted on the investment group page beneath his brother's bio. It's not there now.

Wish I could help ... didn't pay enough attention. All I find is that he's VP operations for a Michigan investment club and must like golf, since he recently tweeted about that young Irish golfer and played in junior tournaments.

Maybe the bio was deleted if it's resulting in bad publicity or something. The family business seems to be doing really well in MI's sad economy ...

Wish I could help ... didn't pay enough attention. All I find is that he's VP operations for a Michigan investment club and must like golf, since he recently tweeted about that young Irish golfer and played in junior tournaments.

Maybe the bio was deleted if it's resulting in bad publicity or something. The family business seems to be doing really well in MI's sad economy ...

Oh well, no biggie.

No chickjustin, no mrs. garcia shapiro...Now all that's left for me to do is click on "ideeli" ads here and look at all the cute clothes. :giggle:

Oh well, no biggie.

No chickjustin, no mrs. garcia shapiro...Now all that's left for me to do is click on "ideeli" ads here and look at all the cute clothes. :giggle:

perhaps a severance check was paid to the both to keep it quiet.. loose lips sink ships!

If anyone that is local to Bloomington, would do something for me, I would greatly appreciate it. I would like to see any links that you are able to find, with live traffic cameras, from Bloomington north on 37 to Martinsville. I was able to pull one up and my computer locked up and I'm not able to find it again. Thank you in advance.

Where is this webcam in relation to where Lauren was last seen or would have passed?
http://webcam.suso.com/

Facing north from Fountain Square Mall on Kirkwood (5th Street) between Walnut and College downtown. Can't see it coming into play from what we know of her night.

*edit* Looks to have angled from the last time I looked at it. It is facing toward traffic on College Avenue so would be able to pick up vehicles that drove south on College.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BeachyTee