FL FL - Terrance Williams, 27, & Felipe Santos, 23, Collier Co, 2003 & 2004

Finally got to see this episode. Just awful. Makes me sick. If was related to one of these missing men, I would be very tempted to take the law into my own hands. Anybody know what Calkins is doing now?

http://www.nbc-2.com/story/17742885/search-teams-hunt-for-men-missing-in-cold-case

Posted: Apr 25, 2012 8:36 AM Updated: Apr 25, 2012 10:48 AM

Search teams hunt for men missing in cold case

Search teams combed a one-square mile area of Collier County Wednesday after a tip about an infamous missing persons case involving a deputy.

The search was conducted in a brush-filled location on Vanderbilt Drive just north of Wiggins Pass.

The tipster reportedly told authorities they saw a patrol car in the area around the time when Terrance Williams and Felipe Santos went missing.

Seriously? I am baffled that the families have not filed wrongful death suits against Ex-Deputy Steven Calkins!! (That I know of at least) or that No One (again, my assumption) in the Attorney General's Office hasn't been convinced to take the case and file Suspicion of Murder charges against Steven Calkins!

Admittedly, I am no lawyer nor a legal genius, but from the many cases I have seen highlighted on the ID Channel (yes, not the best legal reference on the planet as it IS a T.V. Show made to dramatize and some are made to sensationalize criminal cases); however, they are actual cases and one is only able to "skew the facts" so much. And I have seen plenty of murder cases that have resulted in guilty convictions without bodies and far less evidence. I meant consider:

1) It has to be obvious that this ex-deputy was the last person to see both Terrance Williams and Felipe Santos.
2) In Terrance Williams & Felipe Santos's case, they have eyewitnesses that place BOTH missing persons as being placed in the vehicle of Steven Calkins the day they disappeared.
3) In the case of Terrance Williams, L.E. Has actual recordings that catch out this ex-deputy in MULTIPLE lies and inconsistencies.
4) They have racially (and socio-economic slurs on tape that show an extreme bias against individuals without proper vehicle registration and/or insurance coverage.
AND
If the suspect wasn't a L.E. Agent, (i.e. I find it difficult to believe if L.E. any where else in the Country has that much circumstantial evidence against the average citizen, that the suspect would not have already been arrested and convicted by now!!)

Something else, I've seen others on another website point out vehicle GPS, what about his cell phone GPS tracking?, Come on, that's basic investigation (and you can't convince me that with the circumstantial evidence that they couldn't find a judge that would be willing to issue a warrant or subpoena for that information, because that's just b.s.! Not with all the circumstantial evidence).

All of the above is just MHO! And pardon my venting and assumptions, but this case just chaps my bum!! Because just seems like a major double standard, I get protecting L.E. from prosecution for and during the performance of their L.E. Duties, but that Statue does NOT protect them from prosecution for the commission of a CRIME during their duties (and it doesn't from my experiences locally seeing some corrupt cops getting prosecuted). I hope that this family (hopefully soon) gets some justice, because it has been too long of a time coming, in my opinion!!

Ok, not sure if previously posted here, but I found the following listed on other sites:

1) FACEBOOK PAGE - of this case (I haven't visited yet, as my 1st stop was WS):
https://www.facebook.com/DisappearanceOfTerranceWilliamsAndFelipeSantos

2) PETITION REQUEST - A Petition asking for Signatures so that the Governor will look into the case (my next stop if my phone allows it):
http://www.change.org/petitions/the...n-into-the-disappearance-of-terrance-williams

Seriously? I am baffled that the families have not filed wrongful death suits against Ex-Deputy Steven Calkins!! (That I know of at least) or that No One (again, my assumption) in the Attorney General's Office hasn't been convinced to take the case and file Suspicion of Murder charges against Steven Calkins!

Admittedly, I am no lawyer nor a legal genius, but from the many cases I have seen highlighted on the ID Channel (yes, not the best legal reference on the planet as it IS a T.V. Show made to dramatize and some are made to sensationalize criminal cases); however, they are actual cases and one is only able to "skew the facts" so much. And I have seen plenty of murder cases that have resulted in guilty convictions without bodies and far less evidence. I meant consider:

1) It has to be obvious that this ex-deputy was the last person to see both Terrance Williams and Felipe Santos.
2) In Terrance Williams & Felipe Santos's case, they have eyewitnesses that place BOTH missing persons as being placed in the vehicle of Steven Calkins the day they disappeared.
3) In the case of Terrance Williams, L.E. Has actual recordings that catch out this ex-deputy in MULTIPLE lies and inconsistencies.
4) They have racially (and socio-economic slurs on tape that show an extreme bias against individuals without proper vehicle registration and/or insurance coverage.
AND
If the suspect wasn't a L.E. Agent, (i.e. I find it difficult to believe if L.E. any where else in the Country has that much circumstantial evidence against the average citizen, that the suspect would not have already been arrested and convicted by now!!)

Something else, I've seen others on another website point out vehicle GPS, what about his cell phone GPS tracking?, Come on, that's basic investigation (and you can't convince me that with the circumstantial evidence that they couldn't find a judge that would be willing to issue a warrant or subpoena for that information, because that's just b.s.! Not with all the circumstantial evidence).

All of the above is just MHO! And pardon my venting and assumptions, but this case just chaps my bum!! Because just seems like a major double standard, I get protecting L.E. from prosecution for and during the performance of their L.E. Duties, but that Statue does NOT protect them from prosecution for the commission of a CRIME during their duties (and it doesn't from my experiences locally seeing some corrupt cops getting prosecuted). I hope that this family (hopefully soon) gets some justice, because it has been too long of a time coming, in my opinion!!

Ok, not sure if previously posted here, but I found the following listed on other sites:

1) FACEBOOK PAGE - of this case (I haven't visited yet, as my 1st stop was WS):
https://www.facebook.com/DisappearanceOfTerranceWilliamsAndFelipeSantos

2) PETITION REQUEST - A Petition asking for Signatures so that the Governor will look into the case (my next stop if my phone allows it):
http://www.change.org/petitions/the...n-into-the-disappearance-of-terrance-williams

I also wonder about his car and cell phone GPS!!!!
plus the fact that he lied during his lie detector test IS enough reason to get a search warrant.

http://abcnews.go.com/Entertainment/wireStory/tyler-perry-offers-100k-reward-fla-cold-cases-18180721

Filmmaker Tyler Perry is offering a $100,000 reward for information in the decade-old case of two men who went missing after separate encounters with a sheriff's deputy in southwestern Florida.

When he announced the reward, a man stepped from the front of the crowd to tell Perry something, indicating he had information to offer.

"Just like this man has come forward, I am sure there are others," Perry said. "

Has there been a revelation of what was told to Tyler Perry during his press conference? His quote makes it sound like it was something of significance.

When he announced the reward, a man stepped from the front of the crowd to tell Perry something, indicating he had information to offer.

"Wow. I have been praying for an answer for this family and I wasn't expecting this moment," Perry said after the encounter. "I am beyond overwhelmed by it. And just like this man has come forward, I am sure there are others. You do not have to be afraid. The sheriff here has assured me that he will be safe and anyone else that wants to say anything or speak out about this will be safe."

http://abcnews.go.com/Entertainment/wireStory/tyler-perry-offers-100k-reward-fla-cold-cases-18180721

I don't think the Doe is Felipe based solely on the dates, but it'd sure be interesting to trace the Pravco lead to identify him. There are a lot of undocumented workers down here in Florida and I can see an obstacle being that he likely wouldn't have been employed by Pravco directly, but by an employee leasing company. Big companies usually won't hire illegals, but they have no problem leasing them and giving the day labor/leasing companies a cut. That way they can't have their records compromised. In the hotel industry, there are plenty of women who come over from eastern Europe, are housed and leased by an individual or "company" and essentially sold to hotels. The hotel pays them a small amount and pays an equal amount to the leasor.

So, anyone following the lead would have to see who provided the contact work for Pravco (if a project in Collier existed) and hope that they kept records of who might have been contracted and missing from the job site. I'm sure they've already whistled down that well and it was probably frustrating. I'd hope they did, at least.

As far as Terrance, was the court date weeks later or two days after he disappeared? I was unclear on that. If it was the latter, how was he getting back up north? I think Calkins is responsible, but I felt like the show kinda glossed over that part and it's certainly relevant.

IRREGARDLESS. This is a great find because the search is on to find other potential Calkins victims. So keep looking if there are others! He also used to be a farmer in Illinois sometime prior to his 17 years in law enforcement up until the time he was fired from the Sheriff Office.

I just watched the episode of Find Our Missing and this case makes me so mad! I wish SC hadn't signed that form (I forget the name) so that his statements could be used in court.

Hi everyone...I've been interested in this case since watching it on Disappeared. While reading everyone's comments here I started to look around the web Just a bit about the area. Had anyone heard of the Fort Myers Eight? I read it quickly here: http://m.naplesnews.com/news/2008/sep/18/dna-test-identifies-third-victim-fort-myers-bones-/
I think we all agree SC is the most obvious culprit, but I found this article interesting because they mentioned the only identified men as having problems with the law. Minor problems. Maybe it just stuck out to me because I'm trying to find a link to police before these guys went missing. I just found it interesting. Like someone said earlier, I doubt Santos & Williams were the first.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Has there been a revelation of what was told to Tyler Perry during his press conference? His quote makes it sound like it was something of significance.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2013/01/11/tyler-perry-reward-missing-men/1826873/

Williams did not expect Anthony Denson Jr., to interrupt the conference with information. He said he knew her son. Through sobs, Denson told the crowd that Calkins and three deputies chased him on the beach in 1997.

"They were gonna kill me," he said.

I'm a month late on this so you might know this already, but here's the relevant information. This article has a really good timeline of these cases, as well. It's so infuriating that Calkins has never been arrested for these crimes. I would be shocked if he doesn't have other victims.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2013/01/11/tyler-perry-reward-missing-men/1826873/

Williams did not expect Anthony Denson Jr., to interrupt the conference with information. He said he knew her son. Through sobs, Denson told the crowd that Calkins and three deputies chased him on the beach in 1997.

"They were gonna kill me," he said.

I'm a month late on this so you might know this already, but here's the relevant information. This article has a really good timeline of these cases, as well. It's so infuriating that Calkins has never been arrested for these crimes. I would be shocked if he doesn't have other victims.

Thank you, moondust! I had not seen/read that information.

IRREGARDLESS. This is a great find because the search is on to find other potential Calkins victims. So keep looking if there are others! He also used to be a farmer in Illinois sometime prior to his 17 years in law enforcement up until the time he was fired from the Sheriff Office.
Do you know where in Illinois he was based?

Excuse me if this information is completely off, but I'm new to all of this. I was just doing a little googling of missing persons in the collier county area and have come up with someone that may well have been a possible victim of SC.

Missing: Monfort, Jean-Marie
Missing Adult Endangered

Case Number: 97-128681 Missing Since: 11/14/1997
15 years, 6 months ago.

Race: Black/African American Age at Disappearance: 25
Sex: Male Height: Not specified.
Eye Color: Brown Weight: Not specified.
Hair Color: Black

Additional Case Information:
Jean Marie Monfort was reported missing on 12/03/1997 after he hadn't been seen or heard from for two weeks. Jean Marie last worked at Shoney's and Bear's Paw.

There's not a lot of information on his disappearance, but he is listed as endangered, and would certainly fit the profile. He also went missing the same year as Anthony Denson Jnr claimed to have been chased and his life threatened.

I wonder if Jean Marie Monfort had any run-ins with the law prior to his disappearance.

Does someone know if this Doe has been checked against Felipe Santos?

http://doenetwork.org/cases/1322umfl.html

If not, then would someone know how to send it so that it gets checked? I would imagine they have checked all of these type of things, but they do really match each other. This person was found in a rural area. I wonder what rural areas the cop went into when he was being tracked??

I saw this and thought the same. I looked it up and on NamUs is states probable year of death 0 to 2006. Due to there only being skeletal remains left, I assume the year of death that was originally stated was a rough estimate. I think it's very possible that they could be off by a year or two. How would someone go about submitting Felipe Santos as a possible match. I'm from the UK and am pretty new to WS so not sure how to go about this.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back