Yearbook searches

Thanks! And, yes, anyone feel free to post the names of high schools in relevant locales, this will help make a list of possible alumni Facebook pages we can send her Facebook page to!

ETA: I checked ancestry and the most recent Conestoga yearbook they have available is 1972.. Too early for our gal. Maybe someone on classmates can access it.

I checked a few around the area where she had the PO box, to no avail.

Does anyone have a classmates account? I'd really like to check out the 1984 Fife WAshington yearbook, but don't have access.

Does anyone have a classmates account? I'd really like to check out the 1984 Fife WAshington yearbook, but don't have access.

Hi, I don't have the full access but was able to bring up the school and search the name Lori Kennedy and just Kennedy without results. Was there another school perhaps?

Hi, I don't have the full access but was able to bring up the school and search the name Lori Kennedy and just Kennedy without results. Was there another school perhaps?

Thanks for checking on that. :) She most likely was not going by Lori Kennedy while in high school since that would have been prior to her name change to BST. I am mainly just scanning faces, but just used Lori as a jumping off point to have Somewhere to begin. Yes, it is a huge task without a name to go from, I know. :sigh:

Searching yearbooks feels like a needle in a haystack scenario. I'm certainly not up for that. (Kudos to you if you are!)

BUT the idea of posting her photo to alumni groups is fantastic. Who's taking on that task?

Searching yearbooks feels like a needle in a haystack scenario. I'm certainly not up for that. (Kudos to you if you are!)

BUT the idea of posting her photo to alumni groups is fantastic. Who's taking on that task?
Searching yearbooks is indeed looking for a needle in a haystack - and it is just the kind of thing that we can do but LE can't. They haven't the personnel and time.

If we could decide on a range of years and a list of the most probable schools, there are enough people on here to divide it up into a less daunting task. In a few days we could visually scan a LOT of yearbooks.

I am going to work on a short email with FLEK's 1988 Idaho pic - the one someone from her earlier life would be most likely to recognize - and links to this forum and LE. Nothing that is not already public, no speculation and no mustarding. When I am done I'll post it here for comment and if it passes muster and TOS, then we can post it to alumni groups.

The Facebook page for her is "Who was Lori Erica Ruff".
https://www.facebook.com/WhoWasLoriEricaRuff?ref=stream&hc_location=stream
We are in the process of getting all the pics uploaded and then can start sharing it with alumni groups. A concise email /write up would be great for sharing!

To add to the list of yearbooks that have been checked, the one BSTs surviving sister went to is done. It is Eagle mountain high school (ancestry name)/ Robert E Lee high school (name in yearbook) in San Antonio, CA 1983

I personally like yearbook searches :). I am looking for another UID from Seattle so am on the lookout for both in Washington. I am going to focus on Seattle and Tacoma yearbooks.

I'm also curious about the DJS person from Tacoma 1972 that was a witness in a murder trial.

I'm also curious about the DJS person from Tacoma 1972 that was a witness in a murder trial.

I have looked at the above 2 girls. I am not familiar enough with their stories to make clear connections, but neither are great matches IMO. I think DS is closer, but is listed as born in 56-59 if reading ancestry correctly and the area between the eyes is my main area of question with her. Since I don't have a pic of her smiling it is hard to compare mouths, but I might try to do an overlay later just to be sure.

There was someone on one of the newspaper arrival discussions who said they had a friend who went missing around the same time as Lek and the lady's last name was Kennedy... I will try to find that :)

For those with access to yearbooks. Have you seen the most recent comments on the Seattle Times article? http://seattletimes.com/html/localnews/2021243552_janedoexml.html

I am curious about L. Z. person mentioned from Kennedy Christian school in Sharon PA 1978, but I don't have access to yearbooks.

I've looked at the L.Z. person, she is listed as an underclassman in the yearbook (only seniors are separated). The school is actually in Hermitage, PA which is next door. The L.Z. person (with the right surname as in the comment) bears absolutely zero resemblance to Lori - light-ish straight hair, glasses, face is completely different.

Searching yearbooks is indeed looking for a needle in a haystack - and it is just the kind of thing that we can do but LE can't. They haven't the personnel and time.

If we could decide on a range of years and a list of the most probable schools, there are enough people on here to divide it up into a less daunting task. In a few days we could visually scan a LOT of yearbooks.

I am going to work on a short email with FLEK's 1988 Idaho pic - the one someone from her earlier life would be most likely to recognize - and links to this forum and LE. Nothing that is not already public, no speculation and no mustarding. When I am done I'll post it here for comment and if it passes muster and TOS, then we can post it to alumni groups.

I think this is a good idea. Where do we start though, any suggestions?

Maybe this has already been done, but I just went through this yearbook and didn't find any photos resembling our LEK.

I think this is a good idea. Where do we start though, any suggestions?

I am going to leave this thread for facial yearbook scans, and start a new thread in a few minutes for folks to help track down high school alumni Facebook pages. Get ready! I need help! :)

I am going to leave this thread for facial yearbook scans, and start a new thread in a few minutes for folks to help track down high school alumni Facebook pages. Get ready! I need help! :)

I would be glad to help, but does one need a facebook page to do that? I don't have one anymore.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cevans
Back