MD - Phylicia Barnes, 16, Baltimore, 28 Dec 2010 #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Night all or I am never gonna get any sleep allowing this case to raise my BP.

Prayers tomorrow is the day PB is found.

LE would know from JS whether PB took her laptop with her or not.

It's also possible she snooped the passwords or DB snooped the passwords and gave them to PB to use....... It could be MJ was livid to see PB with his FB open on her laptop.

Absolutely. The question was asked about PB having her own comp. It was stated that PB indeed had her own comp. However, PB wouldn't travel with a comp, but she would travel with a laptop.

My 18 yr old daughter and her friends are mega-FB sleuths. Whenever any of them begin 'talking' [ as they call it] to a new potential boyfriend, the first thing they do is get together and cyber sleuth him. They follow trails from his friends to other accounts. But one of the main ways they get info is to friend request the guys ex girlfriends. That way they get 'messaged' when the ex puts up new pictures of parties and events, and usually the new guy is there in the crowd. [ It seems everybody stays friends these days] So they get a good overall view of the guy, and if he is a good person or not by reading the comments and stuff. If he is still good friends with his exes the girls give him major points.
But if the FB is full of drama posted by the ex, then they tend to write him off. I must say I like the fact that they get to run a cyber check on any potential dates this way. You can get to know a lot about someone by perusing their wall. LOL

I have cyber-sleuthed on FB as well, looking for pics of my dad with his GF's family (my parents are still married/going through divorce). Neither my dad or his GF have FB, but her family members do. You are so right, katydid - it's quite easy to find pictures, IF you're adept at all the connections. I am not friends with any of the people who have pics, but I know how to find them, kwim?

And I think this may be what PB could do that DB couldn't. But she should have waited until she was home with PB to do it together and not when PB was alone with MJ...

I have cyber-sleuthed on FB as well, looking for pics of my dad with his GF's family (my parents are still married/going through divorce). Neither my dad or his GF have FB, but her family members do. You are so right, katydid - it's quite easy to find pictures, IF you're adept at all the connections. I am not friends with any of the people who have pics, but I know how to find them, kwim?

And I think this may be what PB could do that DB couldn't. But she should have waited until she was home with PB to do it together and not when PB was alone with MJ...

I completely agree. DB should never have gotten her little sister caught up in the middle of this thing, especially while she was alone and defenseless in the apartment. PB was sheltered and kind of innocent. I don't think she understood the situation entirely. I am not sure she understood the intensity of this 10 year relationship which was hanging by a thread.

OT, kind of.
Many parents say that they do not want their kids to have FB or Myspace or other social networks. I disagree. It is important that the kid is mature enough of course. I think 13 should be the earliest.

However both of my kids did a lot of 'pre-screening' of potential friends and relationships through the use of FB and IM's and messaging. If a boy expressed interest in my daughter, we could both look at his group of friends, and his hobbies, and his comments, and see any red flags, before hand.I think there is a lot of positive things about it. But of course she ONLY accepted friend requests from people she KNEW in real life.

The DANGER comes when kids do not have enough REAL LIFE friends, and they have dreams and unrealistic fantasies of meeting some hot date on the web. And then they are very vulnerable and they need to be watched closely.

Hello Everyone! :wave:

Before I begin, I would like to note that I'm so very pleased to have found this wealth of valuable information regarding Phylicia's case.

Thank you very very much for all of your hard work, making the page easily accessible, and a special
thanks for having an environment conducive to the main objective---finding Phylicia.

By having this type of reference point and community,
I'm sure that it is a comfort to those who are very much hurting right now.

I'm praying that Phylicia is found. It's just so incredibly unfair and horrible to know that this bright light has been harmed by such preventable circumstances.

The very fact that sleuthing mj may have been the cause of this nightmare is jaw-dropping. To hear that the impetus may have come from a 27 year old woman is unbelievable.

The fact that this forum, Websleuths, has taken an amazing amount of time sleuthing to find PB is a.b.s.o.l.u.t.e.l.y. praiseworthy.

Welcome to WS Falconi.

Glad you found us! Great first post, I couldn't agree more.

:wagon:

I completely agree. DB should never have gotten her little sister caught up in the middle of this thing, especially while she was alone and defenseless in the apartment. PB was sheltered and kind of innocent. I don't think she understood the situation entirely. I am not sure she understood the intensity of this 10 year relationship which was hanging by a thread.

OT, kind of.
Many parents say that they do not want their kids to have FB or Myspace or other social networks. I disagree. It is important that the kid is mature enough of course. I think 13 should be the earliest.
However both of my kids did a lot of 'pre-screening' of potential friends and relationships through the use of FB and IM's and messaging. If a boy expressed interest in my daughter, we could both look at his group of friends, and his hobbies, and his comments, and see any red flags, before hand.I think there is a lot of positive things about it. But of course she ONLY accepted friend requests from people she KNEW in real life.

The DANGER comes when kids do not have enough REAL LIFE friends, and they have dreams and unrealistic fantasies of meeting some hot date on the web. And then they are very vulnerable and they need to be watched closely.

BBM
I'm so glad that you brought this up because there will almost certainly be a national discussion on the dangers of social media when all is said and done with PB's case.

Personally, I am frightened by places like FB, MS, and the ilk.

If you've ever heard, "Familiarity breeds contempt," you'd know that it rings oh so true, especially with social media making it almost like a rite of passage. imo

I absolutely agree with you that maturity is essential if using these sites.

While it may be true that for the majority of folks, there's no harm in social media, I still feel that there's an environment of narcissism, nosiness, zero accountability and shallow "friendships" that's cultivated there. **jmo**

I see social media almost like a doorway. It's so very ironic that the thread here recently discussed entry points and accessiblity of db/mj's apartment.

Seemingly, and according to facts presented here and on NG, the doorway at the center of PB's disappearance is FB itself.

Through this "door" a cauldron of trouble fell upon the lamb PB.

May the truth be revealed and a family comforted.
SOON.

From the above CNN transcript link:

Her half-sister said she told her to get on Facebook because she wanted to look up this ex-boyfriend so Phylicia could see this other woman that she thought that he was dating. She also told Phylicia that the ex- boyfriend had sent her a text that day talking about, couldn`t we maybe get together?

She said that was the last time she talked to Phylicia. But the ex- boyfriend was at the apartment during that time washing clothes. He says Phylicia went to sleep around 1:30, which is sort of strange because another sister was going to pick her up a little bit after that for them to do some errands.

Sorry to quote myself. Do we know what time MJ informed DB PB was sleeping? I'm trying to recall what time DB received this info from MJ and passed it along to KB. I think this time frame is imperative as I believe whatever happened occured between the time contact with PB ceased and the time MJ notified DB PB was 'sleeping'.

This was a short window of time.

http://archives.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1102/03/ng.01.html

Also from the above link:

GUGLIELMI, CHIEF OF PUBLIC AFFAIRS, BALTIMORE, PD:
<snip>
So we`re really stressing to the people in the Baltimore area try to bring themselves back to 1:30 p.m. on December 28th, if they were in the area of (INAUDIBLE) Road

I can't believe they missed this, what road? If LE wants people to focus back to a time in a certain area, we need to know what road!!!

And why is no other MSM reporting this? Seriously, we have a beautiful young girl missing - LE has given some important facts they are asking for people to recall a timeline in a particular area and the majority of recent MSM is focused on race rather than the facts to assist LE in finding Phylicia! :banghead: Yes, I realize and agree race IS an issue with media attention to missing black children, however not to the extent the focus on race should exceed the facts LE is trying to get out to the public! :banghead:

JMVHO

Page 1 of Thread #3 as catalogued by Gloriajean:

· 1:00 pm JS says that at 1, MJ said he was taking a nap, and DB had fallen asleep on him. (Told to JS, by DB) http://www.blogtalkradio.com/peasint...-simone-barnes (Verified DB says that MJ told her that PB was asleep at 1:04p. (1-17 on Find PB FB discussion, since wiped clean. From WS post #488,by NatLock on Thread #1. GJ verifies that this is what she read, also.)

hth-hope that it was ok to copy/paste. I wasn't sure if able/how to quote the comment.

I agree that LE needs to clarify what road people need to focus on @ 1:30pm. HUGE.

Thanks Falconi! So the last time of contact with PB was at 12:23 pm and MJ informed DB PB was asleep at 1:04pm. That is a pretty short window of time. It leads me to believe:
*whatever happened did not occur in the apartment
*that MJ likely drew PB out of the apartment and into his car.
*that MJ was either back at the apartment by 1:04 for this text, or he texted DB from wherever he was at 1:04.

LE needs the ping maps for MJ's locations that afternoon, if they are available. IMO the search needs to start from where MJ contacted DB at 1:04. And we need that street. Once we have the street, imo, we need locals on the ground putting up and passing out flyers in that immediate area and the flyers need something to indicate LE is requesting the public focus on that afternoon at such and such a time.

JMO

The road A.G. referred to is Eberle Rd. The transcript just couldn't pick it up. No new location, just the same old place. LE is frustrated by people calling in sitings of PB at bars, stores, and the like, throughout Bmore. They want them to concentrate on Eberle, on the 28th, especially after 11:30.

I had a thought last night. What if, when MJ "reacted" to the incident, he took PB's phone and smashed it, and slapped her hard enough to knock her out? That would explain the lack of cell phone response, and explain why the phone has not been found. If it was smashed and then disposed of by MJ? I can see that kind of rage reaction.

I also wanted to say, in response to belimom and Falconi's comments about the tone and nature of this forum thread for PB. I believe it is a testament to PB, who she is, her nature. Both JS and BB, in Peas interviews 1 and 2, characterized PB as someone who does not like conflict, is a peace maker, and tires to help everyone get along. So it seems fitting that we would do the same, keeping her flame lit until she can pick it up again. Yes, I am hopeful. I had a dream last night she came running into a fast food restaurant, dazed and confused and much thinner, but alive.

BTW, welcome Falconi! Glad to have you aboard. :)

I will be re-posting the time line, with updates from the recent pressers and MSM information, later today.:):):)

The road A.G. referred to is Eberle Rd. The transcript just couldn't pick it up. No new location, just the same old place. LE is frustrated by people calling in sitings of PB at bars, stores, and the like, throughout Bmore. They want them to concentrate on Eberle, on the 28th, especially after 11:30.

Respectively snipped. Thanks! So LE, imo, should probably reinterview or focus again on those residing in the complex. MJ and DB have both since moved out so there should no longer be any hesitancy regarding reporting information on persons who are neighbors. It's not hard to do. One can request LE come in street clothes and an unmarked car if they wish to speak directly to an officer. (That's exactly what I did when I was concerned about reporting something in my immediate area- in fact the officer that I spoke to came in his personal car and street clothes due to my concerns).

The Baltimore Police Department is asking anyone with information on this case to call 855-223-0033.

ETA: and at the time I reported this incident I was a single mother with a baby at home and I still reported. There is NO excuse not to make that call and it can be done safely!

I had a thought last night. What if, when MJ "reacted" to the incident, he took PB's phone and smashed it, and slapped her hard enough to knock her out? That would explain the lack of cell phone response, and explain why the phone has not been found. If it was smashed and then disposed of by MJ? I can see that kind of rage reaction.

I also wanted to say, in response to belimom and Falconi's comments about the tone and nature of this forum thread for PB. I believe it is a testament to PB, who she is, her nature. Both JS and BB, in Peas interviews 1 and 2, characterized PB as someone who does not like conflict, is a peace maker, and tires to help everyone get along. So it seems fitting that we would do the same, keeping her flame lit until she can pick it up again. Yes, I am hopeful. I had a dream last night she came running into a fast food restaurant, dazed and confused and much thinner, but alive.

BTW, welcome Falconi! Glad to have you aboard. :)

BBM
Interesting theory, Gloriajean...hmm
If I may, I'd like to pose a THEORY based on this scenario:

In a fit of rage because he's caught PB "creeping" on his FB page, mj hits PB in the head, with her phone, breaking it and causing PB to "go to sleep."

mj communicates with dB (text/call) about all of the commotion. He is sure to let dB know that all of this is her fault. He also communicates with lbc, and either lbc finds a way over to the apartment mj picks him up, while PB "sleeps."

dB calls kB and fills her in. There is no way that kB is riding over to the apartment to confront mj.

When PB is "awake and active" he texts this to dB.

They discuss_______?

An "awake and active" PB is ushered into mj's car, her whereabouts and safety unkown.

As always this is ~jmho~

It'd be wonderful to have your dream be a reality, Gloriajean!!!!

I pray that PB is alive and will one day be on the courtstand to tell us all exactly what happened to her and receive Justice.

Thanks for the welcome, Gloriajean! :yourock:

Do any of these people LE is looking at have any way they could be "holding" Phylicia someplace, alive? I think that is unlikely and I can't think of a reason to do so either.

Phylicia's best chance to be found alive is probably if someone else entirely took her, and decided to "keep" her. The dozen, or half dozen people LE are investigating probably have had the least amount of "privacy" this past month and would have to be pretty bold to be going back and forth to a spot where Phylicia might be.

I really don't expect a happy outcome for Phylicia, too much time has gone by for one of these folks to have pulled this off and still have her safe, and I do think LE is looking at the right group of people. Of course I hope I am wrong.

Do any of these people LE is looking at have any way they could be "holding" Phylicia someplace, alive? I think that is unlikely and I can't think of a reason to do so either.

Phylicia's best chance to be found alive is probably if someone else entirely took her, and decided to "keep" her. The dozen, or half dozen people LE are investigating probably have had the least amount of "privacy" this past month and would have to be pretty bold to be going back and forth to a spot where Phylicia might be.

I really don't expect a happy outcome for Phylicia, too much time has gone by for one of these folks to have pulled this off and still have her safe, and I do think LE is looking at the right group of people. Of course I hope I am wrong.

BBM. I've thought the same. While I'd love for it to be possible, I just don't see MJ or anyone in this group of possible POI's having the means to hide a live PB somewhere and the ability to elude the police. I just don't see them having a makeshift living area for PB similiarly to what Jaycee Dugard endured.

JMO

IMO the way that PB would be alive is if she was handed over to someone else. I agree, the initial 12 (now 6) POI's do not have the means to keep her. But someone connected to them may.

Does anyone know of a resource for tracking public property records, without paying a fee? I have some properties that have been used as sureties (?) multiple times, I assume for bail? In a number of court cases for POI's. But I can't find any property records that are not fee sites, to find out who actually owns the places? Does that make sense?

By the way, this is the criminal records search engine for MD.
http://casesearch.courts.state.md.us/inquiry/inquiry-index.jsp

What county is this in? The county tax assessors office might be the place to look GJ'.

hth

PLEASE pardon me GEORGIAjean!
I don't know why I'm tryng to rename you...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member