11 Signs You May Be Dating A Sociopath

Steely Dan

Former Member
Reaction score
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/...ciopath_n_3780417.html?utm_hp_ref=mostpopular

11 Signs You May Be Dating A Sociopath
The Huffington Post | By Macrina Cooper-White Posted: 08/23/2013 8:26 am EDT

Could that amazing new person you or a loved one is dating actually be a sociopath? It's not as far-fetched as you might imagine. Roughly one in 25 Americans is a sociopath, according to Harvard psychologist Dr. Martha Stout, author of The Sociopath Next Door.

Of course, not all sociopaths are dangerous criminals. But they certainly can make life difficult, given that the defining characteristic of sociopathy is antisocial behavior.

Here are 11 RED FLAGS to look out for:...

#12-Their lampshade has a tattoo on it

Thanks for linking to the article, very interesting. Also, the article itself links to some other neat articles... I'm lost :)

Very interesting. Seems I was married to one and our son is one also. I worked in the healthcare field and we all (in our profession)seem to attract these people.

Very interesting. Seems I was married to one and our son is one also. I worked in the healthcare field and we all (in our profession)seem to attract these people.

How do you deal with your ex and son?

Decades ago they were easier to spot with their white patent leather shoes, heavy gold chains and oodles of cologne.

:floorlaugh:

Decades ago they were easier to spot with their white patent leather shoes, heavy gold chains and oodles of cologne.

:floorlaugh:

I guess you haven't seen Steely & Dewey's latest FB profile pictures! :floorlaugh:

#12...Preternatural attraction to the music of Donald Fagen and Walter Becker.

The intense eye thing at the last scared me. Was the article written by an admitted sociopath who wants it destygmatized? Maybe she was only quoted.

I just thought about this for a second and I wonder if anyone here knows the answer:

Do sociopaths look at themselves in the mirror often?

(the ones I have known always did)

Just curious......

#12...Preternatural attraction to the music of Donald Fagen and Walter Becker.

Steely ---------> <--------- What's left of WFG

I just thought about this for a second and I wonder if anyone here knows the answer:

Do sociopaths look at themselves in the mirror often?

(the ones I have known always did)

Just curious......

The article says they do.

#13-You bite down on a fingernail while dining on some of their homemade sausage

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ohbeehaave
Back