17 y/o Trayvon Martin Shot to Death by Neighborhood Watch Captain #20

Status
Not open for further replies.
The police reports stated that there was NO burglary and NO sign of any kind of attempted break in, and that when they arrived there was NO person anywhere that matched the description called in to LE. There was never a suspect of any kind identified. NO clue what Taffe is saying as I am not watching, but whatever it is, it is not true. There was and IS no AA youth living in the complex that was suspected of or accused of that NON event.

jmo

That's what I thought but couldn't quite remember... NO RECORD of that supposed break-in at Taaffe's! Ha! Taaffe is full of beans as usual JMO. And creepy, he'd be really scary to have as a neighbor imo, especially wouldn't want to run into him at night. All JMO~

The police reports stated that there was NO burglary and NO sign of any kind of attempted break in, and that when they arrived there was NO person anywhere that matched the description called in to LE. There was never a suspect of any kind identified. NO clue what Taffe is saying as I am not watching, but whatever it is, it is not true. There was and IS no AA youth living in the complex that was suspected of or accused of that NON event.

jmo

If this is so, then FT lied on JVM, he said GZ caught the perp, called LE and then called FT. He also said the perp lived in the neighborhood.

:moo:

Okay I guess if I shot a skinny kid, but generally overall are nice to kids...... nevermind me in the corner :doh: :banghead:

That is where I am. There is no way to make this any less horrible. If you're nice to kids, you don't go shooting them for any reason. Sheesh. :maddening:

"The point is that he was arrested and there is a trial. Why would there be outrage when he [Trevor Dooley] was arrested within two days and the trial hasn't yet ended?
…

There had been an arrest within two days in that case, no arrest in this one. That's the difference."

There should have been outrage because people are getting away with murder.

I am addressing this conversation from the previous spread because my point is being missed.

A web search for "stand your ground" and "murder" and "acquittal" produces almost 200,000 results.

Too many people are focusing on the lack of an arrest in the TM case and blaming racism. IMO, they are focusing on the wrong thing and not realizing that the SA may have had good reason to not bring a case to trial that he felt he could not win.

I just don't understand the fixation on an arrest which will not bring "justice." Justice can only be achieved if this terrible law is fixed. Justice will only be achieved when there isn't another Trayvon Martin or David James.

Here is just one of the many links that can be found on this subject:

Faces of NRA/ALEC "Stand your Ground" Law

Please note that the "faces" that are shown are of varying hues.

JMO, OMO, and :moo:

So, does Zimmerman have to claim taxes on these donations? It isn't a "foundation" is it? I won't click on the link, so I really have no idea what it's all about?

I find it really weird that Zimmerman's lawyers have never even met him??

What's with FT's face? He looks the same color as Snookie?

MOO

FT must have gotten a makeover for his new career in television!

Please don't link to sites that solicit donations.

That's what I thought but couldn't quite remember... NO RECORD of that supposed break-in at Taaffe's! Ha! Taaffe is full of beans as usual JMO. And creepy, he'd be really scary to have as a neighbor imo, especially wouldn't want to run into him at night. All JMO~

I think this is Frank's attempt at creating a "Daisy Chain." I laughed so hard when he pulled out that book, had his glasses on, and began to read. I felt like I was watching an episode of Masterpiece Theater.

MOO

jmo

Thanks, do you have access to the police reports saved or have you found them online? TIA

BEM: How is it possible to know this? He was pretty specific about where the youth lived.

Every young black man is a possible burglar? Am I understanding you correctly? Because that would be racial profiling. We don't allow that in air travel, where the consequences are more severe. If GZ had been a police officer, racial profiling might be acceptable but it isn't from a civilian. Anywhere, anytime, for any reason.

Also, as I posted earlier, GZ saw TM from the moment he entered the complex. Until the altercation, TM had done nothing that would be evidence of committing a crime.

It is my understanding, and I may be wrong, that GZ was within legal bounds to follow TM. Apparently, following someone is not against the law. It does not matter whether TM did or did not do anything suspicious to catch GZ's interest. What matters is that there was a confrontation (that GZ says TM started) and GZ claims he felt in fear of his life.

JMO, OMO, and :moo:

I think this is Frank's attempt at creating a "Daisy Chain." I laughed so hard when he pulled out that book, had his glasses on, and began to read. I felt like I was watching an episode of Masterpiece Theater.

MOO

Oh dear LORD it is LP all over again!!!! *facepalm*

Jorge K Gonzalez ‏ @jorgekgonzalez

Retweet
Favorite
· Open

Zimmerman attorney tells us he hopes his client won't post more than what he has already put up on his new website.#fox35

Really ?

Well maybe his attorney/s should try to meet with him and get to know him, see if he is really someone they want to represent!

Well maybe his attorney/s should try to meet with him and get to know him, see if he is really someone they want to represent!

Or even better, tell his client to STOP POSTING stuff. Period. Sheesh, what kind of lawyer is this guy? Zimmerman needs to shut up and not post, not keep talking and posting and making his whole case worse!

Suzihawk, why does your quote in post #85 have such large lettering?

Or even better, tell his client to STOP POSTING stuff. Period. Sheesh, what kind of lawyer is this guy? Zimmerman needs to shut up and not post, not keep talking and posting and making his whole case worse!

Well, the "donations" are supposed to help him pay for those lawyers? Maybe they're waiting to see what kind of money comes in first?

Anyone wishing to discuss the demonstrations, political, religious or racial aspects of the Trayvon Martin case, please check out our new forum in the Private Area of Websleuths, called SOUND OFF.

Warning: Be sure to read the Required Reading thread.

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=168453"]Trayvon Martin Sound Off[/ame]

In the last thread the word revenge was being thrown around. IMO, that's more semantics and distraction. A defense attorney will claim a prosecutor or victim is being vengeful and be correct. But that does not negate the right for the prosecutor and victim to seek justice. Not all vengeful actions are wrong.

There are many reasons for trademarking a name. It's called living in the year 2012. Trayvon's parents would be fools not to trademark his name.

Lawsuits are not just about money. But unfortunately that's sometimes the only legal way to make someone understand that what they did was wrong and send a message that the bad behavior has to stop. People finally get it when money is taken out of their pocket.

Exactly, and obvious case in point: the (successful) wrongful death suit against O.J. Simpson.

I have never heard that referred to as "revenge."

I have a question for any lawyers?? Since Frank T. has admitted to knowing GZ patroled the neighborhood with a loaded gun, could he in any way be held responsible for him not telling the HOA? If I were his neighbors, I would be really mad that he KNEW and something could have been done about it! Could his neighbors sue him, if they get sued?

Anyone wishing to discuss the demonstrations, political, religious or racial aspects of the Trayvon Martin case, please check out our new forum in the Private Area of Websleuths, called SOUND OFF.

Warning: Be sure to read the Required Reading thread.

Trayvon Martin Sound Off

Thanks! That's going to be nice for those that want to discuss those things.

I'll be staying up here though. :truce:

If Frank T. had knowledge of George Z. patroling the neighborhood with a loaded gun, wouldn't you think he would have an obligation to tell the HOA that? It may not be a legal obligation, but surely a moral obligation or ethic obligation? If the HOA knew that George Z. was packing a gun on his rounds, I am sure they would have discouraged it? Or taken him off neighborhood watch? Maybe Frank T., and not his innocent neighbors, should be held financially responsible for what happened?

MOO

I know I am in the minority on this, but I have no problem with a neighborhood watch-person carrying his weapon if he is licensed to do so. Honestly, I prefer it. If he did see something, say a rape or violent assault in progress, he would have the capability to intervene immediately and potentially save a life.

The problem, in my opinion, is not the the neighborhood watch-person had a gun, but that George Zimmerman had a gun.

Again, I understand that I am in the minority. I understand the guidelines, etc. Not really interested in discussing it. Just my opinion :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member