GUILTY Australia - Jayde Kendall, 16, Gatton, Qld, 14 Aug 2015

I have a terrible feeling that this isn't going to end well :(

It also creeps me that both Jayde and Tiffany Taylor were involved in incidents in that area. Not related incidents but the same locality. Very very sad

Exactly my thinking. :(

Mind reader
If I remember correctly almost these exact words were used in relation to GBC (that's Gerard Baden Clay).

Detective Inspector Dave Isherwood said police interviewed the man driving the car, known to the teen, who gave police a “version of events”.

“I hasten to to add at this stage he is only a person of interest and is not a suspect,” he said.

[video=youtu;jbESC1ib5vU]http://youtu.be/jbESC1ib5vU[/video]

Slightly OT, but over and over again I've seen authorities defending Jayde against rumors that she was dating an older teen. Does Australia have wildly different sexual mores than the U.S.? I don't think anyone here would bat an eye about a 16 year old dating, say, a 19 year old. I think Aus LE's comments are almost to the point of protesting too much, and they would have been better off ignoring the rumors. But maybe I'm ignorant to a major cultural difference?

Slightly OT, but over and over again I've seen authorities defending Jayde against rumors that she was dating an older teen. Does Australia have wildly different sexual mores than the U.S.? I don't think anyone here would bat an eye about a 16 year old dating, say, a 19 year old. I think Aus LE's comments are almost to the point of protesting too much, and they would have been better off ignoring the rumors. But maybe I'm ignorant to a major cultural difference?
The area that Jayde went missing from is rural and would be very gossipy under such circumstances. As she lost her mum to cancer some years ago, there may be those who are being judgemental of her family (saying she is a runaway, pointing fingers), which is unkind. Also a 16yo girl has disappeared fairly recently further down the highway, presumed murdered, body not located, and her boyfriend was 40 or older, so there is a lot of social discourse and unrest at the moment, hope this helps. (Tiffany Taylor is the other 16 year old, and has a thread).
my opinion only

I'd say that if anything, we're more liberal than the US when it comes to sex. Not heaps more, but definitely at least on par in most areas but it is variable. e.g. where I live (NSW) prostitution is legal in council-approved brothels and has been for a long time.
I agree with possumheart's analysis.

If you scroll around in the map in this article it becomes apparent that Walloon, where they found Jayde's item, is down the road from Ironbark, which features in Tiffany Taylor's search. It is weird. And Ironbark is not too far from the Correctional Centre. I hope that something breaks on either of these cases soon, just to give some peace of mind to the locals.

Yes, it is weird. And it's a worry. Yesterday, we've talked about this at home, realising that just a few days ago they finished the search for Tiffany on one side of the Warrego Highway. Now they are doing the search for Jayde on the other side of the highway, basically on the same stretch.

http://mypolice.qld.gov.au/blog/2015/08/21/update-missing-teen-gatton/

Police have released images (pictured) of a vehicle of interest, and would like to speak with anyone who may have seen the car in the Gatton area.

The red 2003 model Toyota Corolla hatchback is believed to have travelled in the Gatton business district and surround on Friday August 14 between 3pm and 6pm.
Seems like they are checking up on his story.

As I've said previously, I live in this area. I don't think there is any connection whatsoever between Jayde's disappearance and Tiffany's murder. Tiffany went missing from Waterford. I think it's very likely she has been hidden somewhere out this way, as it is considered ' out of town' to Brisbane people. To be blunt, if you are hiding a body in Brisbane, you need to head west to get away from civilization.
Similarly, if Jayde has run away, it would make sense for her to head this way TOWARDS Brisbane. Let's hope so, anyway.
I really want to know how much money she took out when she accessed her bank account on the Friday.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CourtandSims4
Back