Found Deceased IL - Cameron Sanders, 16, Cook County, 14 May 2017

Tulessa

Reaction score
Mods, I'm not sure I put this in the right forum. Please move if need be.

1991782_630x354.jpg

UNINCORPORATED COOK COUNTY, Ill. (WLS) -- Authorities searched Sunday morning for a missing 16-year-old boy who jumped into the Des Plaines River near Melrose Park and never resurfaced.

The teenager, identified as Cameron Sanders, was with about a dozen other teenagers at about 4:30 p.m. Saturday hanging out on the railroads by the river, near the 8300-block of West North Avenue in unincorporated Cook County.

Sanders' family said he didn't know how to swim and think he jumped into the river as a result of peer pressure.

http://abc7chicago.com/news/search-...-des-plaines-river-near-melrose-park/1991563/

This is the same river where little Bryeon Hunter was located. :(

Screenshot_1.png

ETA to add Cameron's picture.

I think the title should say *peer pressure

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk

I think the title should say *peer pressure

Thanks DLF. I was more concerned about this young man than I was my spelling. I need to pay closer attention.

Thanks DLF. I was more concerned about this young man than I was my spelling. I need to pay closer attention.
I was totally not trying to be snarky!! I don't blame you at ALL. Obviously, this poor kid is a much bigger concern. Especially if they are calling off the search for tonight. :(

I was totally not trying to be snarky!! I don't blame you at ALL. Obviously, this poor kid is a much bigger concern. Especially if they are calling off the search for tonight. :(

You did not sound snarky at all <3 But I do need to pay closer attention lol. :)

The river has been high because of all the rain here - it was at nearly at 13' on Thursday, flowing at the rate of 1,500 cubic feet per second. As for Bryeon Hunter - yeah, the DesPlaines is notorious for being a dumping ground; it always has been since Chicago became a city. Before that the river was used extensively by Native Americans; today there are a number of roads in the Chicago area that were once used as portages to and from the DesPlaines (these streets mainly run at an angle - like Ogden Avenue). When I was little there were Indian Mounds all along the river, and I'd play on them (jumping down, etc). Now most are long gone because of the repeated flooding (there was one significant dam that really did a number on the river, but thankfully it was torn down several years ago). When I was young the water was so polluted that you were not even supposed to touch it - now it's much cleaner, and I actually saw a River Otter swimming in it in Riverside, Illinois. f

I swear, I lose faith in humanity any time I read comments.

where are you young man?

I know one of the searchers. He's been located, and waiting on an MSN link to confirm.

~~~
Oh... so very sad, but good they've finally found him.
His poor Mum.

I haven't read any comments anywhere else...
I think I'm glad for that.
I can't even imagine what...?
Guess I don't want to know.

RIP Cameron.

How awful that he was made to feel pressured when he can't swim. Was he an impressionable kid to do that?

I'm sorry Cameron.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Semh
Back