NY NY - Tina Foglia, 19, West Islip, 1 Feb 1982

dotr

Reaction score
http://www.newsday.com/long-island/...old-case-murder-of-brentwood-woman-1.13750287
Police ask for help in cold-case murder of Brentwood woman

Updated June 20, 2017
By John Valenti

Her body was found in plastic bags alongside an exit ramp from the Southern State Parkway to the Sagtikos State Parkway in North Bay Shore on an unseasonably warm February day in 1982. .

The Brentwood woman was last seen leaving Hammerheads, a 1980s hangout on Sunrise Highway in West Islip where locals met to see hot Long Island-metro area bands like Twisted Sister, Blue Öyster Cult, Zebra and even the Ramones.

The victim’s family told police that Foglia had gone to Hammerheads to see Equinox, a Queens band. Investigators said the 5-foot-2, 185-pound Foglia often hitchhiked and likely did that night.
Her family reported Foglia missing on Feb. 3, 1982.
Later that afternoon, state highway workers picked up the bags containing her dismembered body alongside the exit ramp from the westbound Southern State to the northbound Sagtikos
Police said Foglia, who had dark, shoulder-length hair and brown eyes, was last seen wearing a white, waist-length hooded jacket, black slacks and brown suede shoes

A story from the Newsday archives said that “a source close to” the initial investigation had confided that Foglia’s limbs were severed “cleanly,” as if with a butcher’s knife

Police also examined possible links to city-based suspects, since the band that night was from Queens — drawing many New York City fans to the show

attachment.php

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    25.3 KB · Views: 175
http://pix11.com/2017/01/28/teens-1...has-eerie-parallels-to-li-serial-killer-case/
[h=1]Teen’s 1982 murder on parkway has eerie parallels to LI serial killer case[/h] January 28, 2017, by Mary Murphy
BRENTWOOD, N.Y. — Amy Foglia Gagliardi moved away from Long Island 30 years ago and settled in Virginia, but she can't shake the torment of her 19-year-old sister Tina's gruesome murder in February 1982. It happened 35 years ago next week, with a horrible discovery on the Sagtikos Parkway in Suffolk County.

"They cut her arms and legs off," Gagliardi told PIX11. "Put arms in one bag, legs in another, and her torso in another."

The case is still being investigated by New York State Police, who told PIX11 it's an "important" one, without adding details.

Tina Elizabeth Foglia was last seen alive at the former Hammerheads rock club in West Islip, which is close to the Sagtikos Parkway and only about eight miles from Oak Beach.

"That leads directly to the same place those other bodies were," Amy Gagliardi reminded PIX11. "You know that, right?"

Suffolk County police discovered 10 bodies in the Gilgo-Oak Beach area between December 2010 and April 2011. A total of 17 victims are potentially tied to the elusive Long Island Serial Killer.

But Gagliardi wonders about a mystery man that Tina mentioned in a letter, shortly before her murder. "She said she met a doctor," Gagliardi recalled, saying the two met at Hammerheads

It seems like a lot of trouble to go to dismember a girl you have no link to and he just meet her at the night club night, so I wonder because of that was he known to her and was scared he would be linked to her.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

that part about her friend not wanting to open old wounds-I bet my *advertiser censored* she knows something.

I might be wrong, but I would think the average person would not go through the trouble of dismembering someone. You must be talking about a real psychopath, or someone intelligent (a doctor, butcher?), who has experience in the human body.

I would think an older male, but not too old, if you are going to a Twisted Sister concert, so possibly 30-35. How did she get to the concert? Did she go alone and needed a ride?

I might be wrong, but I would think the average person would not go through the trouble of dismembering someone. You must be talking about a real psychopath, or someone intelligent (a doctor, butcher?), who has experience in the human body.

I would think an older male, but not too old, if you are going to a Twisted Sister concert, so possibly 30-35. How did she get to the concert? Did she go alone and needed a ride?

The band that played the night Tina went to the club, was " Equinox" from Queens.

One thing that occurred to me was that Tina was 5'2', and weighed 185 pounds, which makes me wonder if the person who murdered her dismembered and put her in several bags because it was easier to carry and dispose of her body. Perhaps the killer was not a strong person?
Tina was known to hitchhike and go to a number of different clubs, especially in the towns of Islip and Babylon.

The cuts made with surgical precision are concerning..
Wondering if there could be any connections with a nanny from Sweden who sawed off upper body was found in a dumpster, also after leaving a popular nightclub in 1996.
speculation, imo.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?18885-MA-Karina-Holmer-20-Boston-21-June-1996&highlight=Karina+Holmer
MA - Karina Holmer, 20, Boston, 21 June 1996

The part of the news story about her meeting a doctor is unsettling. A doctor who used to hang out at Hammerheads. She said he had taken her out a couple of times and she really liked him.

Hopefully people who used to hang out at Hammerheads will remember something about this doctor or anything at all about Tina.

Her body wasn't found too far from Hammerheads and her own home town. Maybe the killer lived in the area, too.

If this "doctor" took her out a few times and she was meeting up with him, she had to have confided to someone about this person - his name, his age, where he's from, what he looked like. When my girlfriends and I were that age, we told each other everything!! And, at 19, I think you're still young enough to be a bit naive, and that makes me wonder if this guy really was, in fact, a doctor or if he just had her believing that.

If this "doctor" took her out a few times and she was meeting up with him, she had to have confided to someone about this person - his name, his age, where he's from, what he looked like. When my girlfriends and I were that age, we told each other everything!! And, at 19, I think you're still young enough to be a bit naive, and that makes me wonder if this guy really was, in fact, a doctor or if he just had her believing that.

There was a POI we found in Suffolk not far from Bissett that was posting some pretty enticing ads soliciting women online. We already crossed checked his craigslist ads with his Backpage ads and found the email to be linked directly to the POI. Anyway, there are a ton of these ads, all being renewed daily. These are just from craigslist where the poi says he's a "people person" with his "Doctorate" (A lie) likely to win trust with the females. He's also had a pretty violent history with kidnapping, breaking and entering, assault, extortion, pimping women, and Long Island (he's a native). Oh, and he currently he teaches kids karate. Again all speculative for now, but this rabbit hole goes deep!

https://newyork.craigslist.org/search/lgi/m4w?query=fwb+slim+doctorate

July 14 2017
Lengthy article with video.
http://pix11.com/2017/07/14/male-dn...d-teen-left-in-3-bags-on-long-island-parkway/

The State Police are now sharing additional information with PIX11, more than three decades after Foglia’s murder, in the hopes that her case will be an early candidate for DNA familial searching, a special test approved for use this fall in New York state.

“I think it’s a great candidate for it because we have the male DNA,” Ocampo told PIX11.

Familial searching involves looking at Y chromosomes that are common among brothers, fathers, uncles and sons. There has been no direct hit on a national database for the male DNA retrieved in Foglia’s case, so familial searching could lead investigators closer to the unknown killer.

“It has been 35 years,” Ocampo said. “The suspect may have had children or brothers who may have had sons.”

Suspects convicted of many crimes in New York state are required to give a DNA sample and have it entered in a national database, called CODIS. If a criminal in the system is related to the unknown Foglia killer, investigators hope they will get a "partial match" hit on the database.

“There’s definitely potential out there for relatives of the suspect to be in the system,” Ocampo said

When PIX11 initially reported on the Foglia mystery in January, we noted the spot where Tina’s body was found is several miles north of the Robert Moses Causeway, which leads to Oak and Gilgo beaches, important locations in the Long Island serial killer investigation.

We asked Senior Investigator Ocampo if Foglia could have been an early victim of LISK, the Long Island Serial Killer, who dismembered some of his victims.

“There’s always the chance,” Ocampo said. “It’s not something we would rule out.”

“I believe it’s solvable,” Harris said. “We just need that one, little break.”

New York State Police are asking anyone with information to call them at 631-756-3300.

rbbm
Jul 14, 2017
Male DNA retrieved in mystery of dismembered teen left in 3 bags on Long Island Parkway
''Tina Foglia was a brunette who loved the Long Island rock music scene at Hammerheads, once located on Sunrise Highway in West Islip -- a club that launched bands like Twisted Sister.

She spent her last night alive there on Feb. 1, 1982.

“Tina was last seen at the exit of Hammerheads,” Ocampo said.

She left about 3 a.m.

Acquaintances said Foglia, a home health aide from Brentwood, was known to hitchhike, even though her sister Amy had begged her not to.

The State Police are now sharing additional information with PIX11, more than three decades after Foglia’s murder, in the hopes that her case will be an early candidate for DNA familial searching, a special test approved for use this fall in New York state.

“I think it’s a great candidate for it because we have the male DNA,” Ocampo told PIX11.

Familial searching involves looking at Y chromosomes that are common among brothers, fathers, uncles and sons. There has been no direct hit on a national database for the male DNA retrieved in Foglia’s case, so familial searching could lead investigators closer to the unknown killer.''

Howdy! Does anyone think that Dr Peter Hackett could be involved in this?

This quote has been in the back of my mind for a few weeks.

"But Gagliardi wonders about a mystery man that Tina mentioned in a letter, shortly before her murder. "She said she met a doctor," Gagliardi recalled, saying the two met at Hammerheads"

Additionally, if we reference the map below and look at the Southern state prkwy area where Tina was found we can see that this is 15 minutes away from the residence of Dr. Peter Hackett.

LI SK - Google My Maps

Transportation workers on February 3 along the shoulder of the Southern State Parkway. Her remains were placed in three separate plastic garbage bags, and were found a few miles north of the Robert Moses Causeway, which leads to Gilgo Beach and Oak Beach. A diamond ring that Foglia was known to wear was missing.

And finally her remains were found dismembered in garbage bags. This is consistent with other victims remains being found in the same area within the timeline below.

<modsnip - not an approved source>

Last edited by a moderator:
Howdy! Does anyone think that Dr Peter Hackett could be involved in this?

This quote has been in the back of my mind for a few weeks.

"But Gagliardi wonders about a mystery man that Tina mentioned in a letter, shortly before her murder. "She said she met a doctor," Gagliardi recalled, saying the two met at Hammerheads"

Additionally, if we reference the map below and look at the Southern state prkwy area where Tina was found we can see that this is 15 minutes away from the residence of Dr. Peter Hackett.

LI SK - Google My Maps

Transportation workers on February 3 along the shoulder of the Southern State Parkway. Her remains were placed in three separate plastic garbage bags, and were found a few miles north of the Robert Moses Causeway, which leads to Gilgo Beach and Oak Beach. A diamond ring that Foglia was known to wear was missing.

And finally her remains were found dismembered in garbage bags. This is consistent with other victims remains being found in the same area within the timeline below.

<modsnip - not an approved source>
Welcome to Ws GiaG!
Glad you bumped this thread, had not realized that many considered this case possibly connected to LISK.

2020 by Gina Tron.
Who Were All The Victims— And Suspected Victims — In The Gilgo Beach Murders Of 'Lost Girls'? | Oxygen Official Site
''Other potential victims
11. Tina Foglia

tina-foglia-pd.jpg

Tina Foglia Photo: NYSP
Tina Foglia, 19, of Brentwood was a music-loving teen who vanished after hanging out at Hammerheads, a rock venue located in Long Island's West Islip on Feb. 1, 1982, according to local news outlet PIX 11. The teenager's body was found later that month, dismembered and dispersed amongst three bags found on the shoulder of Sagtikos Parkway.

While she was killed decades before most of the victims on this list were, several outlets have speculated that she could have been an early victim of the Long Island Serial Killer. PIX 11 has noted that the southern part of Sagtikos Parkway — where Foglia was found — brings drivers straight into Captree State Park, which is a gateway to Ocean Parkway and which runs through both Oak and Gilgo Beaches.

Fogila's sister Amy Gagliardi told PIX 11 that Foglia told her that she had met a man that she really liked at one night at Hammerheads, a venue known for kickstarting the career of bands like Twisted Sister. That man was a doctor, according to Gagliardi but said her sister didn't reveal his name.

"He took her out a couple of times," Gagliardi said. "She said she really liked him a lot."

Last edited by a moderator:
Newbie to this thread here. Could someone as twisted as Bittrolff pulled this off at the age of 15?

Homicide Victim: Foglia, Tina Elizabeth​

Basic Information
Race:
White
DOB: November 12, 1962
Height: 5' 2"
Weight: 185 pounds
Eyes: Brown
Time: Early morning

Tina Foglia's body was discovered along a major roadway in Suffolk County, NY. She resided on Lloyd Drive in Brentwood with her family.
If you have any information, please call:
New York State Police
Troop L, Bureau of Criminal Investigation
Brentwood, NY
(631) 231-5962 or (631) 231-6389
or e-mail the information to: nysvicap@troopers.ny.gov

Homicide Victim: Foglia, Tina Elizabeth​

Homicide Victim: Tina Elizabeth Foglia

Basic Information
Race:
White
DOB: November 12, 1962
Height: 5' 2"
Weight: 185 pounds
Eyes: Brown
Time: Early morning

Tina Foglia's body was discovered along a major roadway in Suffolk County, NY. She resided on Lloyd Drive in Brentwood with her family.
If you have any information, please call:
New York State Police
Troop L, Bureau of Criminal Investigation
Brentwood, NY
(631) 231-5962 or (631) 231-6389
or e-mail the information to: nysvicap@troopers.ny.gov

Attachments

• 1678645925477.png
    1678645925477.png
    87.9 KB · Views: 1

Members online

Online statistics