3-year-old uses song lyrics to call 911

graybar hotel

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
3-year-old uses song lyrics to call 911 for mother

GUTHRIE, Okla. (AP) -- A 3-year-old girl used a simple song her mom made up to teach her how to call 911 to summon help when mom fainted.

When the 24-year-old and 3-months-pregnant Jessica Eaves fainted, Madelyn used the song "911 Green" to dial for help on her mother's BlackBerry phone, punching in 911, then the green send button to place the call as she had been taught just a week before.

Click for the rest of the story:
http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/Y/YOUNG_911_CALLER?SITE=FLTAM&SECTION=US

What a clever little girl and what a good idea too! Thanks for this story:)

What a clever little girl and what a good idea too! Thanks for this story:)

Smart mommy, too!

When my boys were little I taught them (fake number here, guys!) "237 8983, that's what you dial to talk to me!" sung to the Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star tune.

Kids love songs. Use that love, mommys!

Good for that little girl! I bet momma is proud! I am even more impressed she was able to answer questions to lead the paramedics to her house! That is pretty complex for a three-year old. I hope she gets lots of praise. Her mom was so smart to teach her that.

A wonderful story! I used songs I made up to teach my little ones their phone number and address. Worked like a charm.

Smart mommy, too!

When my boys were little I taught them (fake number here, guys!) "237 8983, that's what you dial to talk to me!" sung to the Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star tune.

Kids love songs. Use that love, mommys!

When I was first in nursing school. we had to do an age appropriate project for 4 & 5 year olds. We chose "Mr. Yuck/Yuk", the poison warning sticker, and I made up a way for them to remember the number to call. It's sung to Camptown Ladies, and it's 1-800-222-1222. I still remember that song, and it's been 4 years! LOL

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laayla
Back