Victim: Alexis Murphy, 17, missing from Shipman, VA, 03 August 2013 - #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Another question...
Is there anyway to googlemap or whatever its called , Liberty station to view parking lot satellite image to see if RAT truck is in parking lot?

The views on these maps (Google, Bing, etc) are only updated every 6 months or so. Some are even longer. I believe Google updates every few years. I know for the state, the maps and pictures are only updated every 6 months to a year, depending on the area. They're not "realtime" shots that you see when you pull these places up on the Internet. Only military has access to that stuff. ;)

"Theresa Phillips was Randy Taylor's boss.

"I have a beauty queen for a daughter. She's 19 years old. She's Miss VA United States. Never had a problem with him. He was in a room with her a week and a half ago before all this happened [and] on Friday night, the day before the girl went missing. Never acted inappropriate. Never did anything inappropriate," said Phillips.

Phillips said in the five years she knew Taylor, she never noticed anything suspicious.

"He would do anything I asked him to do. He was a very nice guy," Phillips added.

Phillips says Taylor washed cars at her business Drive Away Motors and also worked as her personal assistant, off and on for five years."

Interesting thing to point out it doesn't say he was a mechanic but that he washed cars. Second, does he have a division on how he views females, meaning certain ones are considered better, and the ones who he thinks are below that are potential victims?

As always, JMO.

http://www.wset.com/story/23128368/adult-video-store-says-randy-taylor-shopped-in-their-store-aug-3

and/or... He will not accost someone so close to his "bread and butter"... Income...$$$...

Just an idea...

Interesting points, I wish someone would reveal whether or not he purchased anything that day and if so what it was.

RAT, has had a long history with the LE though dating back to 1992 when he was incarcerated for burglary.

At Ultimate Bliss... He bought movies.. And "other " items...

We don't know what those other items are... But we do know he bought movies...

JMO

and/or... He will not accost someone so close to his "bread and butter"... Income...$$$...

Just an idea...

I've only read on here that he was a mechanic. Nobody else (that I've been able to find) has said he was a mechanic. All media is saying he's done odd jobs, and was a handyman at these car lots. (i.e. detailing, washing cars, cleaning the lots, etc)

New to the forum..... so what are the chances this (alleged) perp is responsible for at least one other of the Rte 29 abductions/murders?

I would wonder where he has lived from year to year over the past 25 years.

:wagon: Justice! :welcome:

I would suggest you take a few minutes and read the media thread for this case... It is a compilation of media releases regarding Alexis Murphy and RAT...

and it is presented in chronological order...

Unfortunately, I can't link the thread at the moment.. Am on iPad... And don't know how...:blushing:

But possibly another more tech savvy WSer will do this?

TIA...

:seeya:

:wagon: Justice! :welcome:

I would suggest you take a few minutes and read the media thread for this case... It is a compilation of media releases regarding Alexis Murphy and RAT...

and it is presented in chronological order...

Unfortunately, I can't link the thread at the moment.. Am on iPad... And don't know how...:blushing:

But possibly another more tech savvy WSer will do this?

TIA...

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=219198"]Timeline and Media Thread *NO DISCUSSION* - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

Another question...
Is there anyway to googlemap or whatever its called , Liberty station to view parking lot satellite image to see if RAT truck is in parking lot?

:wagon: l'burgchelle! :welcome:

Brand new here and I have not had time to read all the threads so Im not sure if this has been posted. I do live in this area though and have been digging around on the internet for the past week in regards to this case. A lot of people are speculating that RT is the 29 stalker. Go to this link and scroll down to the comments made by Kate from Greensboro....the vehicle she describes sounds like RT's minus the camo. Wish there was a way to find out when that was put on the suburban.

http://www.ontherightinva.com/2010/01/27/has-the-route-29-stalker-returned-to-virginia/

:Welcome1::welcome4:

2- I'm sure whoever made the page deleted it. They were probably just being mean girls but then stuff got real when she was abducted. IMO

I saw a picture of a boy on a fake page... AM posted something about having someone delete it...

FWIW...

Has it actually been confirmed that he was seen following her from the Liberty? If so, I missed it. As far as I know they were seen on the video surveillance together.

Nancy Grace got some things wrong last night. It was disappointing to hear them talking about this case with very little knowledge. They confirmed that he worked across from where he lived - that is untrue. Then they talked about having very little evidence and this turning into another George Zimmerman case.

It has been said they have significant evidence that he abducted her. I think most of the evidence will not be confirmed until Alexis is found.

Brand new here and I have not had time to read all the threads so Im not sure if this has been posted. I do live in this area though and have been digging around on the internet for the past week in regards to this case. A lot of people are speculating that RT is the 29 stalker. Go to this link and scroll down to the comments made by Kate from Greensboro....the vehicle she describes sounds like RT's minus the camo. Wish there was a way to find out when that was put on the suburban.

http://www.ontherightinva.com/2010/01/27/has-the-route-29-stalker-returned-to-virginia/

Fascinating find that could be the way he tried to get AM off the road too and she could have been fleeing and trying to get back home and didn't have time to call anyone because she was too scared. JMO.

I watched RAT's court appearance on video a short while ago..

He seemed more "in control" of himself.. And no obvious signs of withdrawal symptoms.. Than what I thought I viewed on his mug shots..

I soooo hope AM is found today... And there is closure for her family, friends, and community one way or another...

:please:

I was just concerned that it was pretty weird how that person deleted profile as soon as Alexis went missing. Almost like they had been stalking her, then had her finally and then delete. All in one motion in hopes no one would catch onto it. IDK JW?

B b m

I'm trying to figure out why some here question this arrest.
Do you seriously think LE would do so without evidence? Sheezzeee

Im not saying he"s not guilty, but LE has been known to make mistakes too

I see what you are saying. I am sure I will get hammered for saying this, but I don't believe this man is guilty. In the wrong place at the wrong Time. He was already on the LE radar, they see him on video " around" the same time as Alexis and suddenly he is the main suspect. Let's hope I am wrong, and LE has solid evidence.
I don't think he looked smug either.

I've been starting to get that feeling as well. Just that something is off, not that he isn't necessarily guilty. I hope I am wrong and that this guy is linked to other missing cases and families can have closure. I am hoping, like you said LittleMissContrary, that LE is just being extremely careful to build a watertight case with the mounds of evidence they have.

BTW...just joined here the other day after following along for a few days. I live in the area and this has really hit home. I love reading everyone's insights and thanks for having this site for people to speculate and examine these cases. I hope Alexis is found soon.

I remember coming to this site during the Morgan Harrington time. I drove by the farm just a couple hours after they found her body and it was the most heart wrenching feeling I've ever experienced. I drive this route often going to my parents house...very disturbing.

First there is no reason to be rude to anyone posting on this site, we are all just guessing right now.. Can you provide a link for LE having DNA linking him to Alexis?? I haven't seen that any where

1) you are correct: no one needs to personalize posts and all opinions are welcome

2) this video says that they have an "abundance" of evidence for the charge so it could well include dna?
http://www.wset.com/category/268872/the-search-for-alexis-murphy

http://ht.ly/nUhZI

I know this link was already posted (Lovingston Man Says He Recalls Randy Taylor’s 'Strange' Behavior) but I found something that really creeps me out and needed to share:

"Johnson says he's seen Taylor in the Lovingston Food Lion parking lot, just sitting and watching people.

The Food Lion parking lot overlooks the Liberty gas station where Alexis was last seen on August 3."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cariboucampfire73