Height: 1'7" (48 cm)
Missing City: BROOKLYN
Weight: 10 lbs (5 kg)
Missing State : NY
Hair Color: Black
Missing Country: United States
Eye Color: Brown
Case Number: NCMC721896
Circumstances: Andre's photo is shown age-progressed to 15 years. He was last seen with his mother, who was later found deceased. Mother and child had left their residence at about 2 p.m. to go shopping with two black female acquaintances in a burgundy Pontiac Grand Am, possibly with Maryland tags

http://www.missingkids.com/missingkids/servlet/PubCaseSearchServlet?act=viewChildDetail&caseNum=721896&orgPrefix=NCMC&seqNum=1&caseLang=en_US&searchLang=en_US

Etan Patz is Not Alone: 15 Missing Child Cases in NYC Remain Unsolved

Read more: http://www.dnainfo.com/new-york/201...child-cases-nyc-remain-unsolved#ixzz1v6um25nH

image640x480.jpg

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/b/bryant_andre.html

The Charley Project gives a lot more information on the circumstances of Andre's mother Monique's shopping trip with these two unknown women. Based on what Monique allegedly told her sister-in-law about the women using a fraudulent credit cards to make the purchases, could these women have killed Monique to steal her identity or because she may have tried to talk them into turning themselves in for fraud? If so, where's Andre?

It's probably more likely, however, that Andre was the target all along and that the shopping trips were just a ploy to get him from his mother and when she resisted, they killed her and took Andre.

Andre is probably being raised by the woman who killed his mother to have him. Can you imagine the psychological trauma that will sequel if this case is ever solved? Jesus.

I hope it is solved, though. Andre's mother and father had two other sons together. The father and sons deserve truth, justice and peace!

I hope Andre is still alive, becomes very suspicious of his true identity, and comes across his baby pic from 1989! I hope he becomes stunned by the resemblance and contacts the NCMEC. I hope his abductor/mother's killer PAYS for the unfathomable pain that she has brought on this family.

Please let there be a miracle.

Attachments

• 23-1n010-missing1-300x300.jpg
    23-1n010-missing1-300x300.jpg
    23.3 KB · Views: 34
Here's a 1989 article: http://www.nytimes.com/1989/04/05/nyregion/search-for-brooklyn-baby-expands.html

I did find another old article about the case and Monique's sister-in-law Pat Bryant (who babysat the other two kids while she took Andre shopping) stated that she thought Monique mentioned knowing one of the two women from back in middle school, but that she never gave a specific name. I believe her mother was also quoted as saying that Monique was not streetwise in any sense of the word. Some people are just very trusting and naive. It's sad that she died for it and had her son kidnapped.

Although I believe that Andre's case is likely connected to Shane Walker and Christopher Dansby, I can't help but feeling that Andre's case was by far the most preventable. If Monique told her sister-in-law that these women had bought her clothes with fake credit cards, how did she not know that was illegal? Doesn't "fake credit card" speak for itself? Then she went to do more shopping the next day, presumably with more phony credit cards and gave into the women's insistence that she take her baby with them. Basically, she was bringing her child with her to commit a crime. Although, I think we can all agree that while her getting caught and arrested with her baby in tow would have been terrible, it would have been far more preferable than what ultimately happened.

1989 cold case of murdered mom, missing baby spurs sister to ignore danger

1504462449606.jpg

Simone Rivera has not given up on discovering what happened when her sister disappeared along with her son more than 28 years ago.

For the last few months, Rivera has been pushing hard to get her sister’s murder case re-opened by the NYPD, and she’s succeeded.
The body of 22-year-old Monique Rivera, a mother of three sons, was found by a jogger on City Island in the Bronx, on March 30, 1989.

Monique had left her home about 20 miles from there in Bushwick the day before with her 6-week old son Andre – who vanished for good.

“I can’t let this go, until my sister rests,” Simone Rivera told PIX11.

Regarding the incident on Monday, Rivera said she was not sure if someone was trying to scare her for getting her sister’s case reopened.
“Whatever it is, I’m not gonna stop,” Rivera told PIX 11.
Read more here: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017/09/0...ssing-baby-spurs-sister-to-ignore-danger.html

[h=1]Brooklyn father thinks baby-selling ring snatched his infant[/h]
Back on March 28, 1989, Monique Rivera was walking with her three sons in Bushwick, when she encountered two women driving a burgundy, Pontiac Grand Am with Maryland plates. One of the women was about 22 years old and had red hair. The other woman was about 30.

The two women struck up a conversation with the young mother and took her shopping.

The next day, March 29, 1989, the women called Monique Rivera at her apartment and asked her to take the six-week old baby, Andre, to go shopping with them again. Timothy Bryant’s sister, Patricia, babysat for the two, older boys—Timmy, then seven, and Thomas, nearly five.
“My son-in-law called me that night asking me if Monique was here,” recalled Rosemary Rivera at her Brooklyn home. “I said ‘Monique?! What would she be doing here at 10 o’clock at night?’”

The following day, a jogger on City Island found a young woman’s body in the woods on City Island, in the Bronx. After several days, Timothy Bryant identified the victim as Monique.
“She had blunt trauma to the head, and it looked like they had used a scarf around her neck,” said Bryant.
There was no sign of Andre, and his fate remains a mystery to his family all these years later. His apparent kidnapping happened the same year that two, African-American children were snatched from the same park in Harlem…..three months apart. There was suspicion at the time the children were victims of a baby-selling ring.
http://pix11.com/2013/12/12/brooklyn-dad-thinks-baby-selling-ring-snatched-his-infant/

Relatives said Ms. Rivera and her three sons had gone shopping with at least one of the women on March 28. On that trip the woman bought Ms. Rivera an outfit at a store called Canadians, said Eva Bryant, Mr. Bryant's sister.

The police confirmed that a pair of gold slacks and a black blouse had been purchased for Ms. Rivera, but said it was unclear where they had been bought, although they were in a plastic bag from Canadians.

Ms. Bryant said one of her sisters told her that the woman seemed especially interested in Andre on March 28. ''She kept saying, 'Let me see the baby. Let me hold the baby,' '' Ms. Bryant said. 'I Just Don't Understand It'

Ms. Bryant, who said that the woman told Ms. Rivera that they would go shopping ''up in White Plains'' on March 29, said she found the circumstances of the trips strange.

''Monique had her own money to buy clothes,'' Ms. Bryant said.

Mr. Bryant said he had been upset with his wife when she showed him the new outfit on March 28. ''I didn't think it was right,'' he said, sitting on a couch in his apartment and staring sadly at a stack of pictures of his wife and his youngest son. ''I didn't think it was right, because nobody gives you anything for nothing.''

http://www.nytimes.com/1989/04/05/nyregion/search-for-brooklyn-baby-expands.html?mcubz=3

1989 cold case of murdered mom, missing baby spurs sister to ignore danger
1504462449606.jpg

Read more here: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017/09/0...ssing-baby-spurs-sister-to-ignore-danger.html
This is an awful article. Disrespectful to the family, doesn't explain any details of the actual case, and even gets Andre's last name wrong. Ugh.
Charley Project link for this case: http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/b/bryant_andre.html

Also, he has a thread already on here: http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?130040-NY-Andre-Bryant-6-wks-Brooklyn-29-March-1989 Although I can understand why a search wouldn't have brought this information up, since they got his name wrong.

This is an awful article. Disrespectful to the family, doesn't explain any details of the actual case, and even gets Andre's last name wrong. Ugh.
Charley Project link for this case: http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/b/bryant_andre.html

Also, he has a thread already on here: http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?130040-NY-Andre-Bryant-6-wks-Brooklyn-29-March-1989 Although I can understand why a search wouldn't have brought this information up, since they got his name wrong.

Thank you, I searched for a thread and was baffled that I couldn't find it.

Really sad case, Bumping for Andre

Other black kids dissapeared almost at the same time and place.

Jeremiah Huger, abducted by a black male at a playground on bronx 1985
The Doe Network: Case File 175DMNY

Christopher Dansby abducted in harlem 1989 at a playground
Christopher Milton Dansby – The Charley Project

Shane Walker, abducted from the same park as Dansby in 1989
The Doe Network: Case File 135DMNY

Sharaun Cole, missing from manhattan 1983

The Doe Network: Case File 86DFNY

Equilla Hodrick, missing from Bronx 1985

The Doe Network: Case File 187DFNY

Marlene Santana, abducted 1985 by hispanic couple

The Doe Network: Marlene Santana - 400DFNY

Last edited:
The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)
Andre Terrence Bryant – The Charley Project
Andre Terrence Bryant

• andre_terrence_bryant_1.jpg
  • bryant_andre_ap.jpg
  • andre_terrence_bryant_5.jpg
Andre, circa 1989; Age-progression to age 30 (circa 2019); Monique Rivera

• Missing Since03/29/1989
  • Missing FromBrooklyn, New York
  • ClassificationNon-Family Abduction
  • Date of Birth02/17/1989 (30)
  • Age1 month old
  • Height and Weight1'7, 10 pounds
  • Clothing/Jewelry DescriptionA gray suit with two horizontal red lines, a beige knitted hat and sweater, and white socks.
  • Distinguishing CharacteristicsAfrican-American male. Black hair, brown eyes.
Details of Disappearance
Andre's mother, Monique Rivera, had been taking Andre and her two older sons for a walk in their Brooklyn, New York neighborhood on March 28, 1989 when she encountered two African-American women driving a 1988 or 1989 burgundy Pontiac Grand Am Sports Edition with tinted windows and possibly Maryland license plates.

One of the females was approximately 30 years old in 1989 and heavyset; and the other was approximately 22 years old and had long red hair. Both were about 5'7 tall. Rivera may have known them from back when she was in middle school.

The women engaged Rivera in conversation about her children and asked to hold Andre, and they convinced her to go shopping with them. Rivera bought herself an outfit from a store called Canadian's, and the women bought her a pair of pants and a shirt. Then they took her home.

Rivera told her husband, Timothy Bryant, that the women used a fraudulent credit card to make their purchases and that she planned to go shopping with them again in White Plains, New York the following day. Timothy's sister, Patricia, agreed to babysit the children while Rivera shopped. On March 29, Patricia went to Rivera's apartment on Madison Street to babysit.

The two women did not pick up Rivera outside her apartment, but called her home from a pay phone around the corner and asked her to come out and meet them. They insisted that she bring Andre with them on the shopping trip, so Rivera took the baby with her and left her other children with Patricia. She was last seen getting into the women's vehicle outside her apartment at 2:00 p.m.

On the morning of March 30, Rivera's body was found in the woods by the Eastchester Bay, near City Island Road in the Bronx. She had been struck on the head and strangled. There was no sign of Andre, Rivera's companions, or their vehicle at the scene. The police were able to identify the body a few days later after Timothy published an ad in the paper appealing for information on her whereabouts.

Andre has never been heard from again and the two women who accompanied him and his mother on the shopping trip have never been identified. A photo of Rivera is posted with this case summary. She was twenty-five when she died, and left behind her husband and two other sons besides Andre.

Authorities believe Andre may have been sold into an adoption ring. At the time of his disappearance they thought his presumed abduction might be connected to the disappearances of Shane Walker and Christopher Dansby. Both boys disappeared from the same Harlem park three months apart in 1989. All of the missing children are African-American. All of the cases remain unsolved and it is unclear what happened to the children.

I could have sworn I read an article that stated that Monique and her sons actually stopped by her sister-in-law Patricia's place of employment at some point on the day of the first shopping trip and that Patricia actually saw the two women up close. Did I imagine this? I can't seem to find the article now.

What a horrible tragedy for this family. I hope it can still be solved with a new team on the case.

I wonder if there was any DNA collected from Monique's body (such as under her fingernails.). Unfortunately I'd guess probably not, though.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back